TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby sued by Plasan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well put Amy!

Chris, Tom, Jeff, Lawdude, Jim - good comments.

NOW, LET ME HIGHJACK THIS STUPID POST - VEGAS BABY...... THREE DAYS TO THE 2010 BASH :dance:

Oh sure just rub it in Michael! :lol:

Have fun guys, take lots o pics, and drive safe. See ya at the next one when I have a car in one piece. :banghead:

Guys, we will publish a formal statement soon......but

The hoods never cost 20K to a dealer, whoever published that is not telling the truth. The hoods were 3800.00 no paint, no prep, no strips, no shipping.

The production of the KR was over 7 months late due to hoods

The cars were all stored inside buildings for months at a huge cost.

The Kr hood never met full production in 12 month.

We incurred full staff, full storage and full inventory on all parts but hoods for over 7 months without payment.

We have hoods for replacements and that is not an issue.

SAI is currently in 2 lawsuits only. Carroll brand has always been abused by people who think they can take advantage of it and Carroll and his legal team are diligent in responding. The name is as great as is is, because it is constantly being defended against people who use and abuse it.

As with anything there is always more then one side, I expect everyone to reach a conclusion after all info has been brought forward. Or you can just slam us and hate us as some like to do. Either way we will do what we feel is right for this brand.

Amy

Amy,

Keep up the good fight and good luck. I'm sure that it will all come out in the end and SAI/Shelby American will end up with the shiny side up! Take care and we'll see you in Vegas,,,

Stuart & Bea

Tob,

Im not buyin the legal experience you claim....

Ive never met a single attorney that would put the slightest weight on what can be read out of a lawsuit filing, but feel free to show your colors on your assumptions...

As far as what shelby charges for a product, well, that is COMPLETELY their business. You can buy or not buy...

I know someone who has had a KR hood replaced, and that story on brokentorques and autoblog was not the whole truth. So, two pieces of advice:

1. dont beleive anything you read in a court filing

2. dont believe everything you read posted on the internet in a forum.

Thanks for the info Amy.

Now, back to the hijacking!

See you all in a couple days!

Tob,

Ive never met a single attorney that would put the slightest weight on what can be read out of a lawsuit filing, but feel free to show your colors on your assumptions...

As far as what shelby charges for a product, well, that is COMPLETELY their business. You can buy or not buy...

I know someone who has had a KR hood replaced, and that story on brokentorques and autoblog was not the whole truth. So, two pieces of advice:

Thanks for the info Amy.

Now, back to the hijacking!

See you all in a couple days!

WHAT??? I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet? Nah... People would NEVER say something that was not true, especially while sitting in thier lair, hiding behind a computer. lurk.gif

The hoods never cost 20K to a dealer, whoever published that is not telling the truth. The hoods were 3800.00 no paint, no prep, no strips, no shipping.

We incurred full staff, full storage and full inventory on all parts but hoods for over 7 months without payment.

SAI is currently in 2 lawsuits only. Carroll brand has always been abused by people who think they can take advantage of it and Carroll and his legal team are diligent in responding. The name is as great as is is, because it is constantly being defended against people who use and abuse it.

As with anything there is always more then one side, I expect everyone to reach a conclusion after all info has been brought forward. Or you can just slam us and hate us as some like to do. Either way we will do what we feel is right for this brand.

Amy

Well said Amy,

I hope all is well with you and the gang at SA.

David.

WHAT??? I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet? Nah... People would NEVER say something that was not true, especially while sitting in thier lair, hiding behind a computer. lurk.gif

Hey, you mean that you're not a 24 yr old Playboy Playmate?banghead.gif And, I believed you!!!slapfight.gif

Hey, you mean that you're not a 24 yr old Playboy Playmate?banghead.gif And, I believed you!!!slapfight.gif

Hey, that story that is always printed in Penthouse Letters about the VW Bus full of Cheerleaders IS True...........it happened to me tonight..............I just wasn't home when they knocked on my Door......... :cry:

Tob,

Be specific. What claim?

If you took the time to read what I've posted, you'd see I have tried to place everything in a logical fashion. Lay out any and all assumtions you believe me to have made, along with quotes, if you can manage that.

Uh, no. In this case, you can't buy. And as to what they charge, and your thoughts on who should be privy to that information, that's nice that you haven't the need or desire to know. I didn't either until the gentleman posted his collision replacement fiasco online. Again, if you read my posts, you'd see that I mentioned and linked the post from Robert where he made mention of a reduced price for the parts. Robert mentioned a press release. The only 'release' I ever saw was from on Autoblog, which I also linked.

Until Amy posted today, I've never seen anyone from Shelby quote $3,800. If you've got a link, or someone can show me where Amy or anyone else at Shelby released that figure, I'd love to see it. Beyond that, the number from Shelby came out after Plasan filed. Or is that an assumption as well, Mr Faris?

So let's clear up the issue on 'someone'. Were they the same individual? If not, how are you comparing the two experiences? Did they have the same insurance company? Was this individual seeking a replacement hood before or after the other individual? Or after fishing for a response from me, are you now going to remain quiet on the subject after halfheartedly throwing it out there?

As to your 'advice'...nobody believes any and everything. I'm as open minded as they come. I wasn't surprised that Amy finally posted, but if one were to live by your suggestion, they'd be questioning what she said as well. Note that there was no mention of quality, as some here suggested.

Hey, it is what it is. I look forward to hearing everything from both sides. If Plasan isn't telling the truth, the court system will bring it to light.

Tob

This is nobody's business. It's only news that a suit was filed and when the results of the suit are announced. Beyond that, any interest or demand for "more information" is consistant with those who are interested in stories by the National Enquirer, Jerry Springer show, and other tabloid journalism. How about we just let the parties work out their issues and let's start talking about the cars and all of the positive things going on in the world. Just one person's opinion.

What if you own stock?

Be specific. What claim?

And hey, I'm a tort reform guy, so....

If you took the time to read what I've posted, you'd see I have tried to place everything in a logical fashion. Lay out any and all assumtions you believe me to have made, along with quotes, if you can manage that.

How about we keep this simple and you go filter back through 6 pages...you want some sort of duel, I want some sort of compensation, my time is precious; that said, I would like to ask about this:

"The numbers Shelby has quoted for the KR hood are available all over the web. They aren't speculation. Now the numbers are coming out as to what Shelby was charged, albeit through a legal action. Nobody here is getting 'worked up' over the truth. Are you?"

All over the web huh? so there you have it...it must be the truth...

Uh, no. In this case, you can't buy. And as to what they charge, and your thoughts on who should be privy to that information, that's nice that you haven't the need or desire to know. I didn't either until the gentleman posted his collision replacement fiasco online. Again, if you read my posts, you'd see that I mentioned and linked the post from Robert where he made mention of a reduced price for the parts. Robert mentioned a press release. The only 'release' I ever saw was from on Autoblog, which I also linked.

Until Amy posted today, I've never seen anyone from Shelby quote $3,800. If you've got a link, or someone can show me where Amy or anyone else at Shelby released that figure, I'd love to see it. Beyond that, the number from Shelby came out after Plasan filed. Or is that an assumption as well, Mr Faris?

This gentleman, do you know him by chance? Or are you just completely buying the story? Look, it doesnt matter what SAI wants to charge to replace a hood...that is what insurance is for. Im sorry Geico didn want to pony up, and this guy had to work it out...but not anyones problem but his for not covering his butt. The shipping problems and other claims, I just dont have any knowledge about that...how can I comment?

So let's clear up the issue on 'someone'. Were they the same individual? If not, how are you comparing the two experiences? Did they have the same insurance company? Was this individual seeking a replacement hood before or after the other individual? Or after fishing for a response from me, are you now going to remain quiet on the subject after halfheartedly throwing it out there?

It was someone different, in Austin, TX, and they hit a deer. If you want more information, I suggest you pump Maxwell Ford for it...its not my place to critique the customer service of someone elses issue, but it was in the same time period all that bs was floating around.

As to your 'advice'...nobody believes any and everything. I'm as open minded as they come. I wasn't surprised that Amy finally posted, but if one were to live by your suggestion, they'd be questioning what she said as well. Note that there was no mention of quality, as some here suggested.

Well, for me, if Amy tells me something, I know it is Shelby's position. If GoKart76 over on BrokenBuicks.net posts something, I have no idea who they are. I can walk up to Amy and most people on here, pick them out in a crowd, so I feel I can go by what they say

Hey, it is what it is. I look forward to hearing everything from both sides. If Plasan isn't telling the truth, the court system will bring it to light.

Actually, that is exactly my view on it too

Tob

What if you own stock?

How much stock are you talking about? 20 shares wont get you a business card. 200k shares might get you a phone call answered. 10 million shares would probably get anyone's ear you want.

But at that point you are a vested financier of the company, and therefore YOUR company...and that would make it your business.

But paying yearly dues on a Team Shelby membership means its nun-ya LOL

How about those still complaining, go back and re-read Amy's Post. As for what SAI charges for the Hood, it is there Hood and they can

charge as much as they want for it. NOW, the reason they charge so much for the hood and you have to jump threw a lot of hoops to

get a replacement Hood (and Spliter) is because CS and SAI does NOT want a bunch of Clones running around. As far as complaining

about how much someone paid for a KR, that is NOT CS and SAI's fault. It is the Fault of the Dealerships and their ADM's (Addition Dealer

Markup). CS and ASI did NOT get any of that ADM. No one put a Gun to the buyers Heads and made them pay the ADM's.

But paying yearly dues on a Team Shelby membership means its nun-ya LOL

I am still trying to renew my membership with no luck at all. I click on the links and they keep going in circles back to the starting point. I e-mailed Sharon, Amy B and Robert over a week ago and I have not recieved any replies.I know it was the holidays and they are getting busy preparing for the bash.

Amy,

Can I please renew my membership?

OK, highjack over with.

I am still trying to renew my membership with no luck at all. I click on the links and they keep going in circles back to the starting point. I e-mailed Sharon, Amy B and Robert over a week ago and I have not recieved any replies.I know it was the holidays and they are getting busy preparing for the bash.

Amy,

Can I please renew my membership?

OK, highjack over with.

Greg please email Sharon at sharonE@shelbyautos.com, she will help...

On this topic, it is a filing, a filing to get our attention and to publicly make people take notice, we will deal with this the way we do all things unfair. and for the record what we pay for things or what a company pays for things is the business of the company ........ this is America after all. The Kr hood is not for sale so this is moot

Amy

On this topic, it is a filing, a filing to get our attention, we will deal with this the way we do all things. and for the record what we pay for things is our business this is America after all

Amy

Thanks Amy.....and you are right. What a company buys their parts for is their business.

On this topic, it is a filing, a filing to get our attention and to publicly make people take notice, we will deal with this the way we do all things unfair. and for the record what we pay for things or what a company pays for things is the business of the company ........ this is America after all. The Kr hood is not for sale so this is moot

Amy

Well for now Amy ;)

I chuckle at this thread. None of us know the details and, we wont until settled and maybe not even then. News is news but, if ists just being brought up to discredit SAI, better to post on some other site

Amy

Well said Amy....hope both parties reach an agreement so at the end no one loses....

I would suggest, that for anyone that thinks the SAI price of a hood is too high (whatever that price really is), then they should go ahead and order 1700+ hoods from Plasan or whoever themselves, get the much lower price, and then sit on them till they sell for whatever cost they wish to resell them at... comparing a per peice cost to a large quantity cost is simply rediculous. As with all business, if you take the risk, you can reap the reward, the price is only too high if there aren't customers that will pay it in quantities sufficient enough to make it profitable. Cost should not be the basis for pricing in specialty markets like this, the Shelby name didn't cost Carroll a penny, but I guarantee you that the majority of us are willing buyers of that name!

Be specific. What claim?

And hey, I'm a tort reform guy, so....

FYI, saying he's a tort reform guy doesn't mean he has any legal experience whatsoever. It just means he's a guy who thinks lawsuits should be limited so injured people cannot recover a ton of money for their injuries. It's a fairly mainstream conservative political viewpoint, or one associated with the medical/insurance industry, or as grabber points out, the construction industry.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming... :sandbox:

After reading all this it's obvious this will have to go the course and will be resolved. It's sad however because in many cases there are no winners even if one party held up there end of the bargin, they often settle just to move on. We the consumer are also a looser because businesses are forced to pass these costs on to us to recover and or make a proffit.

The one thing that has had me puzzled from the start that relates to these hood issues is: With an order of 1700 plus and other parts, why didn't SAI build these in house? You get the right people, it's do-able. ??

Pattons or established contracts I understand. As a major supplier / Auto company I would think the more you do in house the more control you have.

Archived