TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 KR wrecked

Alansvt

The link mentions that 'he' has been removing parts. I assume 'he' to be the owner. Look at the following photo...

post-23237-126246428762_thumb.jpg

The unique KR 'faux cap' is obviously missing. What is odd is that there isn't any adhesive residue left. Having removed these before, I don't understand why that decklid looks so clean at that attachment point. It wouldn't have made sense for the owner to have removed the badge, then spent the time removing the adhesive, as it is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Which has me begging the question...was Shelby not using the OEM adhesive on their special run of KR caps? It would seem as if it was never truly bonded...

As to Plasan filing suit, oof. It doesn't look good when you don't pay your bills. I hope they get the relief they seek. Interesting that the plaintiff (Plasan) is demanding a trial by jury. I suspect this matter will be settled out of court before it grows into a ( even bigger) PR nightmare.

Too bad the suit doesn't list the 'cost' for the KR hoods, as much as they do for the 'lesser quality and specification' Knight Rider units ($1,500). We're all dying to know what Shelby paid for the 'unobtanium' hoods...

Tob

The link mentions that 'he' has been removing parts. I assume 'he' to be the owner. Look at the following photo...

post-23237-126246428762_thumb.jpg

The unique KR 'faux cap' is obviously missing. What is odd is that there isn't any adhesive residue left. Having removed these before, I don't understand why that decklid looks so clean at that attachment point. It wouldn't have made sense for the owner to have removed the badge, then spent the time removing the adhesive, as it is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Which has me begging the question...was Shelby not using the OEM adhesive on their special run of KR caps? It would seem as if it was never truly bonded...

As to Plasan filing suit, oof. It doesn't look good when you don't pay your bills. I hope they get the relief they seek. Interesting that the plaintiff (Plasan) is demanding a trial by jury. I suspect this matter will be settled out of court before it grows into a ( even bigger) PR nightmare.

Too bad the suit doesn't list the 'cost' for the KR hoods, as much as they do for the 'lesser quality and specification' Knight Rider units ($1,500). We're all dying to know what Shelby paid for the 'unobtanium' hoods...

Tob

Well, there's obviously concern, as the link to the PUBLIC court record keeps getting removed at a record pace. Hmmmmm....... :headscratch:

Speaking of which......3.....2.....1........

As far as the story of this....

all I have heard is he lost control of it and also owns 2 other GT500s.......

Also seen this posted on the other thread

"Guy just paid CASH 95K in 2009 now you can buy them for 60k What I was told he had very little coverage on the car Rumor is the ins is thinking of paying out 50-55k I hope he buys the car back would make a hell of a parts car !"

I'd be very disappointed with CS if someone had been directed (or just felt the need) to cherry pick through the forums and remove any evidence of a lawsuit against CS. It is public record, as mentioned, and available to all. As a natural born Texan, I'd expect him to stand his ground if his integrity were in question.

We've now heard from Plasan. We'll have to wait for a response to their claim, and if CS is indeed in the right, I'd expect nothing less than a full scale legal battle.

Tob

You have got to be kidding me.

Who removed the link to the lawsuit filed against Shelby by Plasan?

welcome to the club.........i linked it earlier and another person quoted it in a response.. They removed it from both of those posts. It is a public record. Well, it's been posted everywhere else anyways (Spoken T., SVTperformance, etc). I for one cannot wait to hear the explanation.

I'd be very disappointed with CS if someone had been directed (or just felt the need) to cherry pick through the forums and remove any evidence of a lawsuit against CS. It is public record, as mentioned, and available to all. As a natural born Texan, I'd expect him to stand his ground if his integrity were in question.

We've now heard from Plasan. We'll have to wait for a response to their claim, and if CS is indeed in the right, I'd expect nothing less than a full scale legal battle.

Tob

You have got to be kidding me.

Who removed the link to the lawsuit filed against Shelby by Plasan?

welcome to the club.........i linked it earlier and another person quoted it in a response.. They removed it from both of those posts. It is a public record. Well, it's been posted everywhere else anyways (Spoken T., SVTperformance, etc). I for one cannot wait to hear the explanation.

It may have been considered "Political Banter". You know what happened to that Forum...

Tob

According to various online sources the total "cost to produce" for the hood, splitter and both mirror covers was/is $3,800.00, yes, you read that right $3,800.00 per complete kit. Even if you add some markup for profit for PLasan and Shelby the cost to the consumer as charged by SAI seems, shall we say somewhat exorbitant. From what I've read the SAI charges over $4,000 for the splitter alone (excluding shipping costs and dealer markup), so you can imagine how much of a profit SAI makes on each hood, especially if your stiffing your supplier.

I fully expect to have this post deleted and/or be censured by the site administrator.

Archived