TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel sensors for 2007 and up

tomc37

I put new tires on for cold weather. One sensor broke and the NTB store replaced it. No big deal right? Wrong! It would never sink up with the computer. Took it to my dealer and the sinked it up. Cost me $85.

They said a non authorized dealer messed with it. Moral of the story is have the dealer just put new tires on. They will charge 125 and gaurantee everything will work. Store your original tires.post-5346-1167967864_thumb.jpg

post-5346-1167967864_thumb.jpg

How do you train new sensors to the computer? I have an 2007 Shelby GT500 and I want to put new wheels on my car and I do not want to break down my original tires. Please help with any information...thank you

tomc,

you would have to purchase new bands and the sensor from your dealer.

The sensor should be 180 deg from your valve stem

The proper tire pressure is 35psi on coupe and 32psi on convert

try driving car over 20mph for a few minutes to see if they will learn.

If you need I can look up exact details and post them

your dealer should have the wand needed to properly train them or you could purchase one yourself

getting pretty late now but will try to follow up tomorrow

I actually have pictures of the proper procedure and proper location of your tire stores equipment while doing the install as not to damage the sensor

Twinturboboss,

Could you post your pictures I've read how the procedure is done but having some pictures to compare to might help me and other folks out if we hit a snag. It might be a good idea to sticky the write up in the tech forum I'm sure others will at some point run into a similar situation. I looked up the wand previously think it was around $150.00 but to me its something you probably will benefit from having in the long haul. Ford is going to these sensors on alot of vehicles so it can be useful to have.

TwinTurboBoss

Ty for the information. Please send me all information you can it would really help.

TY in advance

TomC

tomc,

you would have to purchase new bands and the sensor from your dealer.

The sensor should be 180 deg from your valve stem

The proper tire pressure is 35psi on coupe and 32psi on convert

try driving car over 20mph for a few minutes to see if they will learn.

If you need I can look up exact details and post them

your dealer should have the wand needed to properly train them or you could purchase one yourself

getting pretty late now but will try to follow up tomorrow

I actually have pictures of the proper procedure and proper location of your tire stores equipment while doing the install as not to damage the sensor

How do you train new sensors to the computer? I have an 2007 Shelby GT500 and I want to put new wheels on my car and I do not want to break down my original tires. Please help with any information...thank you

An excellent post by TwinTurboBoss and ensuing thread discussion answered all my questions pertaining to low tire pressure and training for installing new tires and or rims. Was posted on 11/27, 2 PDF files ,under discussion forum ..Topic was... Low Tire Pressure. Don't mean to butt in here,just trying to be helpful.

tomc, the post is here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...460&hl=tpms

if you need further let me know

if you need other info in the future just use the s e a r c h feature and see if you can find it as thats what I just did vs trying to dig out info and repost.. hope this answers your questions TTB

thanks csx!

is the one I gave link to the one you were refering to? I know I have posted info about system numerous times.

a lot of posted stuff and some times hard to find or to even know what to search for

hope it helps out person asking question

I have a lot more info on system if its needed... ttb

I got the new bands from Discount Tire and the car trained itself once they were on. Very simple actually. The hard part was getting the bands!

Archived