TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who made the KR shocks...?

oldlugs

Hey there gang. First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm curious; anyone know who made the KR shocks? Were they installed at Ford, or Shelby Autos? Will we be able to buy exact "KR" replacements when the time comes, or will we need to go with aftermarket (Koni, Bilstein...)? Not that there's anything wrong with the Koni or whatever (I have Koni yellows on my Bullitt), but the stock KR shocks seem pretty good, and are a vast improvement over those that came on my Bullitt (as are the Koni). Just thought it would be nice to know something about our stock KR shocks... :)

Duane

I'm curious; anyone know who made the KR shocks? Were they installed at Ford, or Shelby Autos? Will we be able to buy exact "KR" replacements when the time comes, or will we need to go with aftermarket (Koni, Bilstein...)? Not that there's anything wrong with the Koni or whatever (I have Koni yellows on my Bullitt), but the stock KR shocks seem pretty good, and are a vast improvement over those that came on my Bullitt (as are the Koni). Just thought it would be nice to know something about our stock KR shocks... :)

Duane

KR's were converted from GT500's to KR's at the Shelby Mod shop in Las Vegas.

Everything I have says "Ford Racing KR" (units) shocks, springs, sway-bars were installed by SAI in LV.

I don't know who makes FRP products but it appears that FRP supplied special "KR" items to Shelby for conversions.

I also have to ASSUME that you can get KR replacements from FoMoCo/dealers.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Archived