TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody install an aftermarket alarm?

I have a clifford version of what you are interested in plus added gps I work on a military base with loud jets (f-22 f-15 f-16 some loud navy stuff) and I dont get false alarms. Mine is programmed to autolock and arm the system after 20 seconds. My key fob also controls and lets me set the sensitivity and see what senser is tripped from almost a mile... well worth it!!!!

I'm considering purchasing an aftermarket alarm. Most likely the Viper 5902, with the glass break sensor, tilt sensor and proximity sensor. MY biggest fear about getting the Shelby is that it will be vandalized. Just curious what others are using and some reviews. Thanks.

The Shelby comes with an alarm system. I know beacuse i was parked next to a Shelby at a show, that had its window open.I reached my arm thru the window and the alarm went off--found out it has a motiion detector inside the car near the lights.But was with any alarm, if someone wants your car, its "gone in 60 seconds".If anything, id buy a Lojak system,with the tracker option in it--so if your car is moved after you leave it, you ge a text message saying your car is moving.And at least you can find the car after its stolen

The Shelby comes with an alarm system. I know beacuse i was parked next to a Shelby at a show, that had its window open.I reached my arm thru the window and the alarm went off--found out it has a motiion detector inside the car near the lights.But was with any alarm

just went and tested this since it is the second time i have heard it. it is true.

The Shelby comes with an alarm system. I know beacuse i was parked next to a Shelby at a show, that had its window open.I reached my arm thru the window and the alarm went off--found out it has a motiion detector inside the car near the lights.But was with any alarm, if someone wants your car, its "gone in 60 seconds".If anything, id buy a Lojak system,with the tracker option in it--so if your car is moved after you leave it, you ge a text message saying your car is moving.And at least you can find the car after its stolen

Hey, the reason i want to get an aftermarket alarm, specifically the viper alarm, is so i can be alerted on the remote when then sensors go off. It's mostly for a peace of mind so i can actually bring the car to places without having to be worried the whole time if somebody is breaking in to steal my radar, or jumping all over the car. I had the viper alarm in my last car, thankfully it never came into use for vandalism, but i did park at the mall once and somebody slammed their car door into mine, alarm went off, i ran out but missed them.

Hey, the reason i want to get an aftermarket alarm, specifically the viper alarm, is so i can be alerted on the remote when then sensors go off. It's mostly for a peace of mind so i can actually bring the car to places without having to be worried the whole time if somebody is breaking in to steal my radar, or jumping all over the car. I had the viper alarm in my last car, thankfully it never came into use for vandalism, but i did park at the mall once and somebody slammed their car door into mine, alarm went off, i ran out but missed them.

Don't leave anything of value in sight, best alarm system you can buy. The car has a competent alarm system, if your that paranoid you could sleep in the car. ^_^

I have a clifford version of what you are interested in plus added gps I work on a military base with loud jets (f-22 f-15 f-16 some loud navy stuff) and I dont get false alarms. Mine is programmed to autolock and arm the system after 20 seconds. My key fob also controls and lets me set the sensitivity and see what senser is tripped from almost a mile... well worth it!!!!

very interested in the model number clifford you have . on my 03 lightning i had the viper, very good system . its nice to be able to go to sleep and have the pager wake you up when someone sets it off . i have invested alot more money in this car and have really been researching for the best alarm .

I had the viper alarm in my last car, thankfully it never came into use for vandalism, but i did park at the mall once and somebody slammed their car door into mine, alarm went off, i ran out but missed them.

No alarm is going to protect you from these kind of idiots who don't care about dinging your car. Best advice here is to park at the perimeter of the lot away from other cars.

Don't leave anything of value in sight, best alarm system you can buy. The car has a competent alarm system, if your that paranoid you could sleep in the car. happy.gif

+1... and frankly, as mentioned above, if some professional thief REALLY wants your car, it is gone in 60 seconds, regardless of your alarm! On the other hand... who wants their stolen baby back if the thief has chopped or trashed the vehicle? That's what good insurance is for.

Just saying...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess the next question is, where do I bring the alarm to get it installed. When I had my alarm installed in my last car, the place was supposedly a very good one, but they broke clips on my dash and scuffed it up, and best buy installs them, but when i had them do an audio install, they had left over screws from the dash, and cracked, chipped and scratched a lot of stuff. I would consider doing the install myself but not sure how much work is involved. Does Ford install aftermarket alarms?

Archived