TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT BRA

Has anyone purchased a BRA for thier SGT, I was given one from my dealership as part of pay back for messing up my hood so badly, I was wondering if anyone has put one on yet and how do the straps work? As usual the directions leave a lot to be desired and I am trying to figure it out so I turn to where I know I will get the answer my fellow owners.....look forward to the response's.

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!!!!!!!

I would never instal a traditional bra on my shelby. Check into a Clear Shelid. I've got one on my Cadilac STS-V and love it. It protects all the foward facing surfaces and you can't see it.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html?gclid=CJWavNighJ8CFQ975Qod3i4FTA

I would never instal a traditional bra on my shelby. Check into a Clear Shelid. I've got one on my Cadilac STS-V and love it. It protects all the foward facing surfaces and you can't see it.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html?gclid=CJWavNighJ8CFQ975Qod3i4FTA

Thanks but that was where I started and the dealership messed up my hood stripes with a clear mask, so I will use the bra for road trips just to protect from road rash..

Has anyone purchased a BRA for thier SGT, I was given one from my dealership as part of pay back for messing up my hood so badly, I was wondering if anyone has put one on yet and how do the straps work? As usual the directions leave a lot to be desired and I am trying to figure it out so I turn to where I know I will get the answer my fellow owners.....look forward to the response's.

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!!!!!!!

I bought one to use when I went to the 45th in Alabama and there are some plastic peices for attachment between the headlight and the grille and these are loose and left marks and there were also marks in front of the front wheel opening. They are tricky to get on and I am not sure I will use it again. Also make sure you clean all pockets well because they collect road dirt and this will scratch paint if left on for long peorids of time. Rick

Heres another option??

http://buyroadwrap.com/

I had forgotten about this stuff...it is something to look at I think one of the Colorado breakfast group may have used this I will ask around. thanks

The BRA is 2 piece and I was just wanting to put the hood portion on for now and it has 4 straps 2 of which attach to each other but the other 2 are suppose to attach to the bottom of the hood any ideas??

I've used my Colgan Bra for a couple of years now without issue.... What brand did the dealership give you, because I believe that Colgan and Shelby are the only companies that make a bra that fits the SGT bumper cover.

The BRA is the SGT right out of the Shelby catalog...

RoadWrap is great if you have it. I have a last minute or unexpected ride, or I get into an area I think my be an issue, I ALWAYS carry a few rolls of Painters Tape and once drove 600 miles with painters tape on all over the front of the car. best of all when I arrived the next AM with bugs all over my car etc., It pretty much came right off as a single piece. A little detail spray and it left no traces! So if you're someplace where you can't find road wrap just grab some tape!

I do think the road wrap is a great idea but back to my original question...Does anyone know how the SGT BRA works? It is the BRA that is SOLD by Shelby andd it is the correct one for the SGT per the Shelby catalog. I really would appreciate an answer if anyone out there has one.

thanks

Mick

My wife bought me the SGT bra for XMAS. Im not a fan of bras for long term use. I will use it for Shelbyfest and other long drives. I will try to install it soon and get back to you on the install. It came with everything needed. Hopefully Ill put mine on in the next couple of weeks. Ill let you know how it turned out. Right now its -5 degrees out and no sign of improvemnet so it wil have to wait.

My wife bought me the SGT bra for XMAS. Im not a fan of bras for long term use. I will use it for Shelbyfest and other long drives. I will try to install it soon and get back to you on the install. It came with everything needed. Hopefully Ill put mine on in the next couple of weeks. Ill let you know how it turned out. Right now its -5 degrees out and no sign of improvemnet so it wil have to wait.

Showcar I understang it is a litte warmer here aroung 20. I was able to lay it out in the house to warm it up and then I waited for a warmer day around 40 and put the hood pice on but I'm not sure where the straps go.

thanks

I think the straps that are on the bottom portion, just bend around the fender wall. Start on one side. the Hood piece has those elastic straps, You just strech them and attacmen to parts of the hood.

I dont have one anymore, so I may be no help and cant tell you exactly, but their pretty basic. The bottom portion is the hardest in my opinnion

Archived