TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drilled and Slotted rotors

I installed iRotors, www.iRotors.com with SS lines and Bear pads. Works good for street aplication. May consider GT 500 take offs in the future.

I had iRotors Drill and Slotted my new Brembo 14" front and new Ford 11" rear over 2 years ago. They are located in Norco, CA, just off the 15 frwy.

Tom

Baer Extreme Big brake kit. Part of the Supercharge package includes new rotors that are drilled or slotted and work on factory wheels. You may want to call SPP. A friend has it on his new SGT/SC...he wont be able to drive it for 5 more days!....you know who you are!!!!!!

I installed the Behr decelarators two months ago along with Racing pads before I went to Talladega Gran Prix track. They made a huge difference in my opinion, brakes did not get as hot. Also have brake cooling ducts. Got the whole set from Blue Oval Racing for 349.00 shipped to my door.

What brand of drilled and slotted rotors have you installed? Also has anyone found a break upgrade that will work with stock 18" wheels?

They are going to have to vote you MVP. Always there with good insight and resources. :rockon:

Thanks man, but there are far more valuable sources of tech info here on TS than I could ever hope to be.

But I appreciate the compliment nonetheless. ;)

Ken

I had crossed drilled rotors and loved the look ..... and though i thought the braking was different I really never noticed it until I put my stock rotors back on.

Hard braking with the cross drilled rotors was less efficent than with stock. They just didnt grip as hard.

Were they safe ..... sure .... but its something I did notice.

Now if you are using your mustang for a track applications .... use the slotted rotors ...... the reason for the slots is to remove the gas build up between the rotor and pad

Lastly ..... cross drilled rotors may have the tendency to crack where the slots are. The cross drilled area is cooling much faster than the other rotor surfaces and this different expansion and contraction creates this condition. AgainFor street use your probably ok because you are not creating the extreme condtions that you do on a road course

my 2 cents worth ..... or after re reading my post ..... 10 cents worth :hysterical:

I had SSBC disc conversion kits on my 66 fastback. Very high quality stuff and not a bad price either.

While not suitable for racing, I'd recommend them for a modified street car. I've looked into the 3 piston kit they offer for the SGT and have read good reviews everywhere. Good luck.

Ken

http://www.ssbrakes.com/

What brand of drilled and slotted rotors have you installed? Also has anyone found a break upgrade that will work with stock 18" wheels?

I have the Bear Decelrator with Hawk pads with my 18

x 9 front and 18 X 10 Rear deep dish billits from American muscle the work great.

PJ

• 1 month later...

blue brakes.jpg

Blue hue do to going deep. Yes, the fluid cooked. Easy replacement and bleed. Good to go.

Same set up as many above and I agree with a slow street response. I will be getting a spare set of these Foose/ Baer from BOI because I see the need in the near future : )

Mike

PS I could swear I posted this some were else.

blue brakes.jpg

Just ordered a set of Brembo slotted rotors,hawks pads, goodrich stainless lines from www.bluecollarperformance.com Should have them on the car late next week. My car is getting the hood scoop and stripes done next week as well.

post-10954-126539588367_thumb.jpg

Blue hue do to going deep. Yes, the fluid cooked. Easy replacement and bleed. Good to go.

Same set up as many above and I agree with a slow street response. I will be getting a spare set of these Foose/ Baer from BOI because I see the need in the near future : )

Mike

PS I could swear I posted this some were else.

So THAT was what I was smelling out on the track hysterical3.gif And I thought it was just me hysterical.gif

But to answer the original question:

I have the Slotted/Cross-Drilled rotors (F&R) from iRotors.com

SS Brake Lines (F&R)

Added the Agent47 Brake Cooling Ducts

Use ATE Super Blue Hi-Temp Fluid

Installed SpeedBleeders on all 4 calipers

Hawk Track Pads

ALL together, this package works GREAT out on the track... No fading, no loss of pedal feel, just need to bleed them before each trip to the track... Pads will start to squeak after some continuous street use... However, after a few warm-up laps, they come right back out on the track...

But after a couple years of some relatively hard track use, the front rotors are starting to show some signs of minor cracking around the cross-drilled holes... Nothing to prevent me from driving it safely on the road... But something I'll need to look at before I put the car back on the track this Summer...

Drive Safe!

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 2 weeks later...

Many on this site have used the Baer drilled and slotted rotors from Blue Oval Industries @ 299.00 . Myself included. Also i have used the Goodrich ss brakelines and Hawk street perf. brake pads buy there is still no substitute for our stock calibers that i have found. There is also no substitute for large brake package so if that is what you want then you need to plan on different wheels.Good-luck.

Me too! Works great with the SS brake lines and Hawk pads and cooling ducts.[

quote name=tekheavy' date='31 December 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1262290732' post='879227]

These are the ones I'm using. A great deal for 300 bucks imo.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013366

Many on this site have used the Baer drilled and slotted rotors from Blue Oval Industries @ 299.00 . Myself included. Also i have used the Goodrich ss brakelines and Hawk street perf. brake pads buy there is still no substitute for our stock calibers that i have found. There is also no substitute for large brake package so if that is what you want then you need to plan on different wheels.Good-luck.

Hi Ken !

Can you tell a difference in performance between the Baer rotors and the stock rotors? Ed

The baer rotors do look appealling.

Hi Ken !

Can you tell a difference in performance between the Baer rotors and the stock rotors? Ed

The baer rotors do look appealling.

Hi Ed. I've been busy getting my car ready to be s/c'd so i haven't been on the forum the last few days. You are right in that the rotors look good but they need more powerful calibers to make a big difference. I installed hawk street pads on the car and that probably did more for the braking than the rotors. For 299.00 you certainly can beat the price of the rotors but i do believe you are getting more looks than performance.My wife's Honda Accord has much better brakes than my Shelby. Just not much in the way of options on these cars for really better brakes except the big brake packages but i like 18'' wheels so i went this route.Take care, Kenneth.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering getting the Baer Decelarotors and Hawk pads. Researched a couple of sites and found these model numbers/prices at Summitt.

Those that have them, are these the correct model numbers?

Rotors: Front; BHI-54134-020; $242.95 per pair

Rear; BHI-54131-020; $242.95 per pair

Pads: Front; HWK-HB484F-670; $87.95 per set

Rear; HWK-HB485F-656; $68.95 per set

Thanks

Sam

I'm considering getting the Baer Decelarotors and Hawk pads. Researched a couple of sites and found these model numbers/prices at Summitt.

Those that have them, are these the correct model numbers?

Rotors: Front; BHI-54134-020; $242.95 per pair

Rear; BHI-54131-020; $242.95 per pair

Pads: Front; HWK-HB484F-670; $87.95 per set

Rear; HWK-HB485F-656; $68.95 per set

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

I have the following and recently installed:

Baer Decelarotors - Purchased from Blue Oval for all 4 Wheels.

- I paid $350 for the set, but I do not think they are still avaiable at that price.

- I did have the center hat, the rotor vanes and the back center powder coated in Semi-Gloss black

Baer Sport Touring Brake Pads

- Purchased from Auto Anything, Paid about $170 including shippling. They seem to have a lot of parts on sale/

- http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3942A0A0A2586311.aspx

Steeda Stainless Brake Lines

- http://www.steeda.com/products/stainless_steel_brake_hoses.php

I am very happy with the setup and the brake pedal feel is much more responsive and better feedback. Stopping distance has improved although I have not done any measurements, just seat of the pants. The only thing I have noticed is that I can feel the slots and cross drilling feeding back through the pedal, kind of like feeling the rough edge of a piece of metal. I think this is because they are still very new, less than 50 miles on them.

I will post pics soon if you would like.

Robert

CSM# 07SGT4478

post-9569-127212579673_thumb.jpg

post-9569-127212579673_thumb.jpg

Archived