TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Wheels back from Weldcraft

Dplenzig

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would post some pics of my wheels I had Weldcraft widen to 11.5". I am putting Nitto Invo tires on 275/35/19 and 325/30/19. Second picture is compared to the stock 285.

Daren

.post-26629-126223294858_thumb.jpgpost-26629-12622329597_thumb.jpgpost-26629-126223297191_thumb.jpg

Daren,

That's a great idea. The sweet look of the oem wheels but with some traction. Nice!

How much did the job cost - if you don't mind me asking, I may be interested.

I thought I would post some pics of my wheels I had Weldcraft widen to 11.5". I am putting Nitto Invo tires on 275/35/19 and 325/30/19. Second picture is compared to the stock 285.

Daren

.post-26629-126223294858_thumb.jpgpost-26629-12622329597_thumb.jpgpost-26629-126223297191_thumb.jpg

VERY NICE! Are the Nitto Invo's considered to be a "very sticky" compound? I am considering getting some Steeda Spyder wheels (11" rears)...and I am not sure whether or not to put the 555r's on the rear or some other "very sticky" tires (michelins or BFG KDW or whatever) on the back that will last twice as long as the 555r's. I need traction but which is better...the 555r's for about 10000 miles or something similar that will last a lot longer but not quite the traction of the 555r's?

Scott

VERY NICE! Are the Nitto Invo's considered to be a "very sticky" compound? I am considering getting some Steeda Spyder wheels (11" rears)...and I am not sure whether or not to put the 555r's on the rear or some other "very sticky" tires (michelins or BFG KDW or whatever) on the back that will last twice as long as the 555r's. I need traction but which is better...the 555r's for about 10000 miles or something similar that will last a lot longer but not quite the traction of the 555r's?

Scott

Scott, at the Nitto website, they have comparisons between the INVO and 555. The INVO is rated 4 out 5 for traction while the 555 was rated 5 out 5. Fairly close in comparison. Where the Invo shines is the wet traction rating, where it does much better than the 555's. You need some traction on wet pavement and the 555 has very, very little. The INVO is also rated very good in "quiteness."

I went with INVO's.

Hers is a link: http://www.nittotire.com/#index.feature.street

I'm interested how the INVO's workout for you. I heard the sidewall can give under hard driving. The wheels look good. How does getting them widened effect the balance?

Of course the most important question of all is. How much does it cost to have the wheels widened?

Do the 11.5" fit under there with no other modifications or rubbing issues.

I inquired as to the solution he used...

Did you cut off the bumpstop bracket and/or remove the shock boot?

It takes about 2 weeks and around $500 to have the wheels widened. I just added 2" to the inside. The 275s fit fine on the front with no modification. The shock boots were the only interference in the rear. You may need a adjustable panhard bar if you've lowered the car, but the bump stops should be fine. I haven't really gotten to drive it because we still have a lot of snow around. I don't think I will be able to romp on it in 1st without some spinning, as I am over 600hp now.

Daren

post-26629-126236672898_thumb.jpg

post-26629-126236672898_thumb.jpg

I'm still confused of how much the rear wheels could be widened to without suspension modifications. 10.5, 11, 11.5?

it depends on the wheel to start with, you need to consider the wheels width and backspacing you're starting with........

Stockers backspacing is 7.195 on a 9.5 inch width, adding 2 inches to make it 11.5 makes the backbacking 9.195

Alcoas which are wrong to start with have less than 7 inches on a 10" wheel so adding to the rear side still makes them stick out, their offset is wrong

Razors at 9" wide with a 6 " b.s., going to 10.5 wide gives them a 7.5 b.s........... but the 6" b.s. model is wrong and sticks out , the 6.5" b.s. razor is the right one to start with and going to a 10.5 on this one give it a 8" backspace

Starting to make sense??

The shock boots were the only interference in the rear.

So you removed them or left them on?

You may need a adjustable panhard bar if you've lowered the car, but the bump stops should be fine.

How did you verify the clearance at the bumpstop? How much room was left between the rim/tire and the bumpstop?

Tob

It takes about 2 weeks and around $500 to have the wheels widened. I just added 2" to the inside. The 275s fit fine on the front with no modification. The shock boots were the only interference in the rear. You may need a adjustable panhard bar if you've lowered the car, but the bump stops should be fine. I haven't really gotten to drive it because we still have a lot of snow around. I don't think I will be able to romp on it in 1st without some spinning, as I am over 600hp now.

Daren

Did you mount the 275's on the stock front rims?

Can you please post a few more pictures of the car with the new set up?

I'm trying to get an idea what the car looks like from different views.

I think this makes the car stand out and should have been done from the factory!

Thanks,

Joe

Daren

very nice grabber blue brother . and smart ,when you consider the price of some of these aftermarket wheels out now days. pleaqse give us more pictures and feedback. thanks.

+1 on the pictures with the new setup. Just to clarify, the rear OEM setup can be placed in the front without any modification? Don't know if I would go that wide, but I like the idea of all tires being the same size for rotation purposes.

I did remove the shock boots. I don't have the exact clearance yet as my new panhard bar will be here this week.

I put the 275s on the stock 19 X 9.5 wheels.

I will get more pics as soon as I get time and the weather improves.

Thinking of doing the same thing here. How did you pack and ship the rims to Weldcraft. Is there a place to buy premade foam/boxes for rims?

it depends on the wheel to start with, you need to consider the wheels width and backspacing you're starting with........

Stockers backspacing is 7.195 on a 9.5 inch width, adding 2 inches to make it 11.5 makes the backbacking 9.195

Alcoas which are wrong to start with have less than 7 inches on a 10" wheel so adding to the rear side still makes them stick out, their offset is wrong

Razors at 9" wide with a 6 " b.s., going to 10.5 wide gives them a 7.5 b.s........... but the 6" b.s. model is wrong and sticks out , the 6.5" b.s. razor is the right one to start with and going to a 10.5 on this one give it a 8" backspace

Starting to make sense??

So can the above mentioned set up with the stock rims widened to 11.5 be used with no modifications? I'm only confused about that. He mentioned the shock boots were an interference. How wide can you go on a 2010 with stock rims "widened" without having to modify?

Thinking of doing the same thing here. How did you pack and ship the rims to Weldcraft. Is there a place to buy premade foam/boxes for rims?

I just got some wheel boxes from a local tire shop and used some bubble wrap. Be careful with the 2010 wheels as they chip very easy.

I just got some wheel boxes from a local tire shop and used some bubble wrap. Be careful with the 2010 wheels as they chip very easy.

This is a great solution for us guys who really like the stock wheels and want more tire. I am seriously conscidering going this route until I can affors a nice set of wheels. Thanks for all the great info guys.

Can we maybe get some side views of the car with the taller rubber?

Archived