TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag Sgned, Wrrong Pictures

young768

Hi All,

I sent my airbag cover off to have it signed by Mr. Shelby. I sent a camera along with it to have a picture made of the signing but it appears that I got the wrong camera back. If anyone else recently sent their airbag cover in with a camera, please let me know. My airbag was signed and Mr. Shelby put my serial number on the cover as well, 07SGT4478. I already have the other persons pictures developed and on CD and will send them if I can find mine.

Thanks!

Robert Young

07SGT4478

--- Sorry about the title, my fingers were stuttering. :-)

I just got off the phone with the Shelby Foundation and they did say there were two airbag covers that had been sent in over Christmas. I hope that it was yours and this works out for us. Either way, we got our covers back and signed!

Already installed mine, took 45 minutes and torn fingers to get it out becuase of the airbag cover clips, 10 minutes and it was all back together.

I just got mine delivered before lunch today, and they had charged my card on the 22nd, so I think it's safe to say that if there were only two of us that sent them in around then, your pictures will be in my hand at 5pm tonight! I ordered the disk and a set of prints as well...

Anyone consider doing a 10"x3" brushed aluminum plate with backing tape from a local trophy shop? Seems a lot easier to do than removing the airbag, and easier to ship. Have Shelby sign it and have him add the CSM number. The possibilities are endless - one could also get a black plate and have him sign in silver.

I plan to give the brushed aluminum plate route a try - thoughts? Casey

I actually thought of having a hunk of aluminum or stainless signed as well. One downfall if you are thinking of affixing it to the dash is the fact that it is gonna take someones head off if that airbag blows in an accident or otherwise.

I also thought about having a strip of metal signed to affix to the textured black plastic just below the silver air bag. In the end, I just had the visor done.

I still would like to have the airbag done in the future as well. Better get on it.

I just got off the phone with the Shelby Foundation and they did say there were two airbag covers that had been sent in over Christmas. I hope that it was yours and this works out for us. Either way, we got our covers back and signed!

Already installed mine, took 45 minutes and torn fingers to get it out becuase of the airbag cover clips, 10 minutes and it was all back together.

Can you give me advice on removing the air bag cover on the 2010 GT 500? Thanks for your help

Can you give me advice on removing the air bag cover on the 2010 GT 500? Thanks for your help

I have not even seen the airbag cover on the 2010 cars so I am not sure how they are installed. I suspect that they would not be much different than the previous cars. I have attached some instructions for the 2007 car, hopefully it will help. If you would like, PM with your number and I can talk with you about it.

airbagremoval.pdf

airbagremoval.pdf

Archived