TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many horses?

CrazyHorse

Anyone know what the true HP will be close to? The dealer I am buying it from doesn't have any info on it still. Over 450? As in 499? 451?

160[/snapback]

I'm going to guess that they (FORD/SVT) will make us wait until they release the final production version of the car. I think it's set to be shown at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show at Cobo hall according to my Ford dealer.

Then & only them will we really know what we are getting.... Is it a glorified Mustang GT with Bad color combinations & dull looking stripes with a 450+ H.P. motor & fake "non-functional" vents in the hood, along with no Shelby lettering across the back, and last but not least, lets not forget all the Ford dealers adding additional mark-ups?.... Only time will tell if the Hype continues to live or not.

• 1 month later...
My guess is that they are still using hand made prototype parts and will not be able to get official dyno numbers until the final cast production parts start rolling in.

783[/snapback]

I have heard that they have been assembling this engine (for months now on a "niche" line) in anticipation of full production. I cannot remember the rate per week. 12 a day (initially)? They know what it will produce. 475? 500? you might not feel the difference. Anyway, a nice exhaust will be able to pull a few extra horses out...

I have heard that they have been assembling this engine (for months now on a "niche" line) in anticipation of full production.  I cannot remember the rate per week.  12 a day (initially)?  They know what it will produce.  475?  500?  you might not feel the difference.  Anyway, a nice exhaust will be able to pull a few extra horses out...

824[/snapback]

Found a link w/ some audio of the 450 + hp engine. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page...

http://www.stangbangers.com/2006.htm

Is the engine going to be SVT specific like on previous Cobras, or is it going to be the stock GT Engine w/ bolt-ons like the Roush, Saleen and Steeda?

838[/snapback]

SVT specs. According to Motor Trend it will be an evolution of the DOHC 4.6 not the GTs aluminum block. 2nd paragraph down:

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...lby/index1.html

• 11 months later...

Dave must have been a very bored man today!!

The poor guy just needs to get his GT500. I feel for him. Dave we are all pulling for you. The Shelby gods are going to answer your prayers reall soon!

Archived