TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Your Income Stacks Up

lol DDT, I noticed I feel much wealthier (even though I make the same) once I became single... The truth is once you make a certain amount (w/e that is) for an extended period of time = your standard of living, so the more $$$ you make, the more expensive your lifestyle is on an average

Bottome line: spend within your means, noone owes you anything, enough gov't handouts, save and you'll have money.

That also goes for corrupt "gov't handouts" bribes and kickback's for the wealthy????????

:salute:

i love taxes if I made more than 11hrs overtime in a 2 week period. I would come home with less money than not doing any overtime. Makes alot of sense to me :confused:

Then my job would put are uniform money and holiday pay into are regular check and it would be taxed to $hit.

According to the chart, i'm doing fine, however, the chart is flawed. For example, you can't compare an average Lloyd Harbor NY salary ($210,219) vs a Jal, NM salary ($39,378). The tax base and cost of living are different. People tend to live with the salary they make.

There's a difference I noted between the rich, and not rich. I noticed this a few years back whilst talking with a buddy of mine. We were doing a tile job in a multi-million dollar home on the ocean. People were jogging up and down the block all day while we were working. Buddy turns to me and asks: "How do these people do it?" My reply: "Well you see, we work for our money. Their money works for them"

Since then, I tried to put myself in a position where my money does some work for me. It's working.

According to the chart, i'm doing fine, however, the chart is flawed. For example, you can't compare an average Lloyd Harbor NY salary ($210,219) vs a Jal, NM salary ($39,378). The tax base and cost of living are different. People tend to live with the salary they make.

There's a difference I noted between the rich, and not rich. I noticed this a few years back whilst talking with a buddy of mine. We were doing a tile job in a multi-million dollar home on the ocean. People were jogging up and down the block all day while we were working. Buddy turns to me and asks: "How do these people do it?" My reply: "Well you see, we work for our money. Their money works for them"

Since then, I tried to put myself in a position where my money does some work for me. It's working.

I met a guy who changed my view of debt, he said basically what you just posted. He also got me looking at the economic cycles on a longer term chart and to thing "long" rather than short term. Not many people get dough quick unless they are entertainers, lottery winners or hiers...

I want some more Ford stock...happy%20feet.gif

My Grandfather always told me to live for today and save for tomorrow. He died with a wealth of family and friends at his side, always had a nice home and food to eat. He was always honest in his dealings and hard working, set a good example for me. He never lived beyond his means. My favorite saying of his and I always tell my children. " Things aren't always going to be this way".

Some may of already heard this or just never listened. Bad times or Good times, "things aren't always going to be this way".

So my scale stays the same, when I have more I save and spend more, less I save and spend less.

The most salient point of the schedule is that fully 50% of all Americans pay virtually no income tax. The politicians have done this intentionally to buy themselves votes/power. Having more than half the country being bought with promises that they'll take money from the people that earn it and give it to them is a sure recipe for the end of America.

The most salient point of the schedule is that fully 50% of all Americans pay virtually no income tax. The politicians have done this intentionally to buy themselves votes/power. Having more than half the country being bought with promises that they'll take money from the people that earn it and give it to them is a sure recipe for the end of America.

You mean the "establishment of a permanent Welfare State".

Flat Taxes... for everyone! No tax write-off's or shelters... for anyone! You want a fair and democratic "government of the people, by the people, for the people".... and not the special interests? That's the solution!

Archived