TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrades for 2010 GT500

mustanggt500

Okay things are getting close for me now, the funds are getting sent out Monday to pay off my car and it should be delivered end of January. Way I see it, I need to make my appointment and get parts ordered so I can go from the dealer to the mods shop. So with all this in mind I could use a little help and recommendation.

Things I am looking at:

Cat back KR (saw a couple places on the forums that they dont make a set for 2010 yet? is this true or is this a real option or does it need mods to make it work?)

new pully. 2.6" but is there a brand that is best for the 10? Steeda or?

Oil seperator - going to be a daily driver and i want to take care of it from the start so i need this on asap. is it common agreement that a homemade setup is best right now or a store purchased setup?

Resonator eliminator - Looking at the SVT eliminator, seen a lot of posts of people doing their own custom jobs. Does this eliminator make a noticable difference, worth the 60 bucks and a little tool time?

CAI - read a lot of 07-09 stuff that this was worth doing. for the 10 i heard you dont need to, you wont get noticable gains because it is greatly improved. i hope this is the case i would rather not have to change another thing if i dont have to. Input?

Of course after this is all done it will get a custom tune and some Dyno time. Doing all of this at "The Mustang Shop" near Auburn in Washington

Any other suggesions or any input would really be appreciated because as i said i want to get this going soon as possible so i can have it all set to go when my car gets in in a few more weeks.

Nic

PS - any December folks have input on the rear axle being painted yet?

As far as the mufflers, I have put on my 2010 the KR style of mufflers. Ford Part Number #M-5230-SA. I love the sound it has now, the stock mufflers are a little to quite for me, I wanted more of a muscle car sound.

Let me know if you want to hear mine, I live in Puyallup and would be glad to meet up so you can hear it.

i bought the oil separator but didnt like the way it looked,so took it off and sold it. I have vert,and have a strut brace coming with a JLT intake and strut caps as well.I too am looking at a new muffler,but really want a 4in tail pipe thats fills the rear valance,which is 4in.The Krs sound real good to me, but if i were younger,Id go for the Roush.Suggestion, Id ask the dealer to seel you the parts at cost since they sold you the car,they might do that for a while,after all they made 4-6K on the car..bob

Yes i would definatly like to meet up with you! I get home on January 30th so if i could meet you the 31st that would be great. I am not sure if my car will be in washington by then but the prospective date is end of january so i need to know for sure what i want very quickly so i can have this all done that weekend.

Was the seperator too bulky or not streamlined enough? I really dont want to get oil buildup inside if there is a way to prevent this. 40 miles a day will add up quick with something like oil being sucked into the motor every day.

Thanks for the december update, guess all i can hope for is later december folks see something different or even january folks like mine will be...... crossing fingers.....

Yeah, i will have the great advantage of hearing KR it seems :) and if that is too mild the Roush is the next choice.

Thanks guys, i really really apreciate it.

Nic

My suggestions:

-Don't get a CAI. You already have a good one.

-Listen to a stock 2010 before you invest in mufflers. The '10's are louder and sound better than the 07-09. If you're still not happy, KR's rock.

-VMP has a great 2.65 stock look pulley and idler combo. It's my personal favorite and they make a great puller.

-I have a FRPP resonator eliminator. To me it's worth $60 so I don't have to cut up my stock one. Sounds and flows better than stock

-I'm not crazy about oil separators. I really don't think they're necessary. (Niether does SVT)

-If all else fails and you come into some $$ get the 660hp TVS (like me) or the 2.9.

Have fun.

My suggestions:

-Don't get a CAI. You already have a good one.

-Listen to a stock 2010 before you invest in mufflers. The '10's are louder and sound better than the 07-09. If you must, KR's rock.

-VMP has a great 2.65 stock look pulley and idler combo. It's my personal favorite and they make a great puller.

-I have a FRPP resonator eliminator. To me it's worth $60 so I don't have to cut up my stock one. Sounds and flows better than stock

-If all else fails and you come into some $$ get the 660hp TVS (like me) or the 2.9.

Have fun.

Great, TYTY Mullens, this is exactly what im looking for in all of this. This helps firm up and dispose of things that i want/need. the 660 TVS, what is the price on this and does it change the warranty at all?

nic

Okay things are getting close for me now, the funds are getting sent out Monday to pay off my car and it should be delivered end of January. Way I see it, I need to make my appointment and get parts ordered so I can go from the dealer to the mods shop. So with all this in mind I could use a little help and recommendation.

Things I am looking at:

Cat back KR (saw a couple places on the forums that they dont make a set for 2010 yet? is this true or is this a real option or does it need mods to make it work?)

new pully. 2.6" but is there a brand that is best for the 10? Steeda or?

Oil seperator - going to be a daily driver and i want to take care of it from the start so i need this on asap. is it common agreement that a homemade setup is best right now or a store purchased setup?

Resonator eliminator - Looking at the SVT eliminator, seen a lot of posts of people doing their own custom jobs. Does this eliminator make a noticable difference, worth the 60 bucks and a little tool time?

CAI - read a lot of 07-09 stuff that this was worth doing. for the 10 i heard you dont need to, you wont get noticable gains because it is greatly improved. i hope this is the case i would rather not have to change another thing if i dont have to. Input?

Of course after this is all done it will get a custom tune and some Dyno time. Doing all of this at "The Mustang Shop" near Auburn in Washington

Any other suggesions or any input would really be appreciated because as i said i want to get this going soon as possible so i can have it all set to go when my car gets in in a few more weeks.

Nic

PS - any December folks have input on the rear axle being painted yet?

Evo has a nice stock looking pulley and metco has a nice idler set up. You can get both from Evo.

All I did for the CAI was I bought JLT carbon fiber tube really brings back the whine.

as far as exhaust the roush sounds good. But I think im going to just try putting Lethal s off road pipes and vats to see how that wakes up the car..

K now when you change out the pully i didnt know anything about the idler set up. is this something that just goes hand in hand with changing out a pully?

I was talking and heard from some people talking about changing out the upper and lower control arms and some other items, all of this in regards to wheel hop. I thought that in the 10s this was not an issue anymore? i mean i can understand if you are looking at 650RWH or higher and looking at a lot of track time yeah. Anyone have insight on that one for the 10s?

At what point do you start looking at changing the drive shaft? is there a like, line in the sand where you say okay i have x RWH its time to change this out to a higher performance one?

Nic

Great, TYTY Mullens, this is exactly what im looking for in all of this. This helps firm up and dispose of things that i want/need. the 660 TVS, what is the price on this and does it change the warranty at all?

nic

A FRPP TVS is about $4k give or take $100 depending on your vendor. All Ford Racing supercharger upgrades affect the warranty. Just how much depends on who you talk to and how mod-friendly your dealer is. Accrding to the FRPP site, if you have the parts installed pre-delivery they carry the same 3/36 as before. Installation afterwards cuts it to 12/12. It's a matter of opinion if they mean the FRPP parts are covered or the entire vehicle warranty. I happen to like the TVS because I wanted to stay with all FRPP stuff but in all honesty you could get the about the same hp from a proper pulley/tune set up. It's all a matter of taste and $$.

Yes i would definatly like to meet up with you! I get home on January 30th so if i could meet you the 31st that would be great. I am not sure if my car will be in washington by then but the prospective date is end of january so i need to know for sure what i want very quickly so i can have this all done that weekend.

Was the seperator too bulky or not streamlined enough? I really dont want to get oil buildup inside if there is a way to prevent this. 40 miles a day will add up quick with something like oil being sucked into the motor every day.

Thanks for the december update, guess all i can hope for is later december folks see something different or even january folks like mine will be...... crossing fingers.....

Yeah, i will have the great advantage of hearing KR it seems :) and if that is too mild the Roush is the next choice.

Thanks guys, i really really apreciate it.

Nic

re the separator-it was just too "klugey" to me, just didnt fit the aesthetics of the engine compratment.I had a SC engine before and never did have an issue with oil--I also wondered if the SC needed to oil for lubrication.Reember to ask MM about getting you the FRPP parts--bob

Archived