TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tail Pipe Color?

maulem5210c

I have had my 2010 GT500 for a couple of months now and have about 750 miles on it so far. The question I have is this, does any body else notice that the tail pipe is black/sooty in color after driving for a few miles? I can clean the inside of the tail pipe and then drive it once for 20 miles or so and look at them and their black again. The only thing I have done to it is put KR mufflers on it. You can smell the rich (ie like on a old carb engine with the choke stuck) type smell when it's running at idle once in a while. Does this engine inject a ton of fuel when you get into the boost of the supercharger, so it protects from any chance of detonation?

ive got 1700 miles on it,and drive around in 3rd alot,so only getting 12.5mpg.havent had the issue with a soot build up on my car exhaustIn fact i dont drive it in the rain,so havent washed it since i got it,and the exhaust looks fine.I use 93 oct gas from branded gas,mostly Chevron,somtimes Shell.If youre not using branded gas,id try that.

PS, i misunderstood your question,actually the inside of the pipe is dark, but its the same way on my other cars--must be a V8 deal. .When i deatil my GTO for shows,i use Acetone to clean out the soot.Ive never tried it, but wonder if you waxed the inside of the exhaust whether it would stop the accumulation

Archived