TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby carbon fiber mirror covers

Hans

I got my covers and want to install them but they did not come with instructions or any 3M tape, so I was wondering how to apply the tape and ware. I was also thinking about doing a good clean job on mirror and gooping it with clear silicone adhesive, any thought would be helpful.

I got my covers and want to install them but they did not come with instructions or any 3M tape, so I was wondering how to apply the tape and ware. I was also thinking about doing a good clean job on mirror and gooping it with clear silicone adhesive, any thought would be helpful.

you can try ( MidwestAutoGear.com ) ,,,I myself would not do the silicone thing,you don't want them flying off the car at hight speeds,,3M makes a thin two sided tape ,that is what you will need ,or they will set up to high,,you can email Midwest ask ask them to email you a copy of thier install,,everything comes with thier kits when you buy the mirror covers from them,,,again just trying to help. :salute:451558-R1-26-25A.jpg

you can try ( MidwestAutoGear.com ) ,,,I myself would not do the silicone thing,you don't want them flying off the car at hight speeds,,3M makes a thin two sided tape ,that is what you will need ,or they will set up to high,,you can email Midwest ask ask them to email you a copy of thier install,,everything comes with thier kits when you buy the mirror covers from them,,,again just trying to help. :salute:451558-R1-26-25A.jpg

I found it ,here you go hope this will help,,you can see how thin the tape is,,,Midwest%20Auto%20Mirror%20Installation.pdf :salute:

Midwest%20Auto%20Mirror%20Installation.pdf

Thanks all for your help and photos. I did apply the 3M thin tape, top, middle and both sides top edges, after a good cleaning to the mirror and the covers, too bad Shelby has forgotten the directions again. I have the Bar, no directions, the rear trunk cover no directions or fasteners, and now the mirror covers. I guess they are in a hurry to box them up and mail them :banghead:

I lost a cover at the Bash last year. Someone pried it off from the unsecured portion of the parking lot. After replacement, I glued it on with black RTV silicone. 150 MPH + with no problems. It is glued on at SA with some kind of black epoxy that I had to chip off the mirror before installation

I used a "real" 3M adhesive tape, my covers covered the entire mirror, so I put an inch and a half on the top, bottom and then a small portion on the leading edge.

Mirror-Cover-tape-placement.jpg

TexasShelby,

What brand mirror covers are they and where did you get them?

thanks,

Mike

Here are a couple links that I reviewed before installing. I got to tell you that I was also surprised that they didn't come with any tape, alcohol wipes or instructions. These CF covers are not cheap....now I'm concern I have just added one more thing for someone to rip off my car.:fool:

http://www.americanm...09-install.html

http://www.midwestau...nstallation.pdf

Archived