TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Ordered my GT today!!

tispco

10" of snow here today. I drive by the garage where I store mine almost every day. April can't come fast enough!

No doubt. April is nice for me and my 'stang also, as the Mustang was born on my birthday :burnout: I am hoping to be in full top down mode by then! :hysterical2:

Some of these new emoticons are cool, hope I don't do this on my motorcycle! Man I am bored, winter sucks :bike:

My salesperson at Young Ford called today. He is expecting the car any day!!! So, I might be cruisin' in my Mustang this weekend!!! :banvictory::banvictory: He faxed me over his invoice and the options, colors are correct (along with the price!). It shows a production date of 2/12/07 and 9 days of transport time. He promised to take some pics of it on the carrier if he could and not touch a thing. I told him I wanted it just as it rolled off the carrier. I figure it can only be that new once and I will really enjoy cleaning it up myself. I can't wait to pick it up!!!

Most excellent!

Our NC forecast is looking good right through the weekend.

Take pics and enjoy the delivery experience - but take time to look her over real close before you leave. Try to not let your emotions get in the way until you get behind the wheel.

Got any tunes picked out for the first ride home? :banana piano:

Got any tunes picked out for the first ride home? :banana piano:

Good Question! I had not thought of that! It is usually the song playing on the radio when I pull out of the dealership that has stuck in my mind. We'll see with this one. I am bringing the iPod just in case. Maybe Low Rider by War and Crazy by Gnarls Barkley......

1988 Mustang GT -- Beach Boys - Kokomo was on the radio

2000 Corvette FRC -- Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go was on the radio

2007 Mustang GT -- ????

Shine! What a great tune. I hardly ever hear it on the radio.

Interesting how we can connect certain tunes to specific contexts.

That tune was playing once while I had a girl friend's son with me on an amusement park round and round ride.

Whenever I hear it, I think about that day. Very cool tune!

Good Question! I had not thought of that! It is usually the song playing on the radio when I pull out of the dealership that has stuck in my mind. We'll see with this one. I am bringing the iPod just in case. Maybe Low Rider by War and Crazy by Gnarls Barkley......

1988 Mustang GT -- Beach Boys - Kokomo was on the radio

2000 Corvette FRC -- Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go was on the radio

2007 Mustang GT -- ????

Let us know when you get a rail car number. I hope that contact works out for you. Keep us posted.

My Mustang left the plant on Saturday via truck! Other than that, I have no idea where it is. I just hope it shows up at the dealership tomorrow!!!! According to my dealer, it would have been trucked to a rail yard, loaded on a rail car, and shipped to a 'sorting center' in Spartenburg, SC. So it will PASS Charlotte!! :rant: From the sorting center it is then trucked to the dealership. I am figuring it will show up on Monday -- AFTER the weekend and on a day I will be slammed at work and can't slip away! :cry:

Now - try to get some rest! :hysterical2:

Rest????? I don't think that is possible!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I have been carrying my digital camera around for a week now! My dealer has a camera and has promised pictures. I hope he delivers!!

Rest????? I don't think that is possible!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I have been carrying my digital camera around for a week now! My dealer has a camera and has promised pictures. I hope he delivers!!

You are getting close. To pass the time...get out the credit card and start buying up everything in site for your car. :hysterical2:

You are getting close. To pas the time...get out the credit card and start buying up everything in site for your car. :hysterical2:

I'm already doing that!! I have several thousand worth of parts in my office now! :ohsnap: I gotta stop! :sos: I figure it will take me weeks to get all this stuff installed!!!! I have already spoken with my body shop and they are ready to paint the GT/CS fascia and GT 500 spoiler as soon as I can get the car to them to make sure they get a good match on the paint. The rest I am doing myself. Don't laugh to hard. :stop: Here's my list:

Factory Engine Cover

Remote Keypad

GTA Mufflers

X-Pipe

Ford GT Coolant Cap

MRT Hood Struts - Black

CDC Trunk Detailer

Side Mirror Covers (Torch Red)

Radiator Cover Extensions (Torch Red)

Granatelli Cold Air Kit (polished)

Strut Tower Brace (polished)

Auto Dimming Homelink Compass/Temp Mirror

Shelby Upper Billet Grille (releasing this month)

Smoked Front Side Markers

Addco Rear Sway Bar

Running Horse Third Brake Light Decal

SHR Billet Cup Holder Insert (Satin)

MGW Shifter (releasing this month)

Dlx Chrome Pony Seat Levers

Dlx Chrome Pony Power Plug

Door Pins (silver)

Chrome GT Oil Cap

Chrome GT Dipstick Cover

BF Goodrich gForce KDW2 tires 255/18's (on order)

Rear Black Out Decal - Matte

Billet Strut Caps

14" Shorty Antenna

SS Fuse Box Cover

WebElectric Auto Rear Windows & Sequential Turn Signals

Shelby GT Front Fascia Kit

GT 500 Rear Spoiler

06 Pony Pkg Pony Emblems

Shelby E-brake assembly

Ebony 07 Pony Mats

I looks like I am still in the race with Grabber to see who gets their Mustang first. Mine is on a truck less than an hour away and headed to the dealer. Unfortunately, I do not know how many stops it needs to make and it is 5pm here!!! I can't wait!!! I wish I could find the transport and follow it too!!!

Well, I lost the race with Grabber and Farmdog. :cry::cry: My Mustang will have to spend the night on the transport somewhere between Charlotte and Winston-Salem :cry::cry:

It will be here in the morning, so in the meantime, I will not be getting any sleep!! But who cares!! :banvictory::banvictory::banvictory:

It will be a nice sunny day here tomorrow and I am looking very forward to :shift::shift::shift:

I'm already doing that!! I have several thousand worth of parts in my office now! :ohsnap: I gotta stop! :sos: I figure it will take me weeks to get all this stuff installed!!!! I have already spoken with my body shop and they are ready to paint the GT/CS fascia and GT 500 spoiler as soon as I can get the car to them to make sure they get a good match on the paint. The rest I am doing myself. Don't laugh to hard. :stop: Here's my list:

Factory Engine Cover

Remote Keypad

GTA Mufflers

X-Pipe

Ford GT Coolant Cap

MRT Hood Struts - Black

CDC Trunk Detailer

Side Mirror Covers (Torch Red)

Radiator Cover Extensions (Torch Red)

Granatelli Cold Air Kit (polished)

Strut Tower Brace (polished)

Auto Dimming Homelink Compass/Temp Mirror

Shelby Upper Billet Grille (releasing this month)

Smoked Front Side Markers

Addco Rear Sway Bar

Running Horse Third Brake Light Decal

SHR Billet Cup Holder Insert (Satin)

MGW Shifter (releasing this month)

Dlx Chrome Pony Seat Levers

Dlx Chrome Pony Power Plug

Door Pins (silver)

Chrome GT Oil Cap

Chrome GT Dipstick Cover

BF Goodrich gForce KDW2 tires 255/18's (on order)

Rear Black Out Decal - Matte

Billet Strut Caps

14" Shorty Antenna

SS Fuse Box Cover

WebElectric Auto Rear Windows & Sequential Turn Signals

Shelby GT Front Fascia Kit

GT 500 Rear Spoiler

06 Pony Pkg Pony Emblems

Shelby E-brake assembly

Ebony 07 Pony Mats

Good Lord man, I thought my mod list was long!!!

I'm bummed!! I have the keys and I took some pictures (I forgot my camera cable at home so I can't upload them here at work :banghead: )

BUT I DON'T HAVE MY MUSTANG!!!! I hope I did not just buy the :titanic:

One of the metal heater tubes under the intake manifold is leaking and made a mess under the hood. Also, there is something wrong with the hood latch and the hood will not close. They have ordered the parts. They are hoping the get the parts today and get the car to me today. We'll see, I am doubtful. To replace the tube, they have to remove the upper intake manifold and all the injectors. They are also replacing the soaked hood liner. I am disappointed to say the least. :( That is quite a bit of work to do for a car with only 4.7 miles on it :censored:

I could not even start the engine, let alone drive it. I looked it over pretty good and the rest of the car seems to be OK and all the right options are there. The nav is pretty cool, too. RUFDRAFT -- Major Tom by Peter Shilling was playing on the radio.

I'm bummed!! I have the keys and I took some pictures (I forgot my camera cable at home so I can't upload them here at work :banghead: )

BUT I DON'T HAVE MY MUSTANG!!!! I hope I did not just buy the :titanic:

One of the metal heater tubes under the intake manifold is leaking and made a mess under the hood. Also, there is something wrong with the hood latch and the hood will not close. They have ordered the parts. They are hoping the get the parts today and get the car to me today. We'll see, I am doubtful. To replace the tube, they have to remove the upper intake manifold and all the injectors. They are also replacing the soaked hood liner. I am disappointed to say the least. :( That is quite a bit of work to do for a car with only 4.7 miles on it :censored:

I could not even start the engine, let alone drive it. I looked it over pretty good and the rest of the car seems to be OK and all the right options are there. The nav is pretty cool, too. RUFDRAFT -- Major Tom by Peter Shilling was playing on the radio.

Brand new car and already there are problems with it??!! :redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

I'd tell them to take that car and stick it where the sun don't shine!!! :censored: I know you waited a long time to get your car but I'd run as far away from that one as fast as I could. There is just no excuse for a brand new vehicle to have issues like that. Get them to give you a discount on one they have on their lot or order another car. Just don't take that one home with you.

The coolant leak was a loose fitting where one of the heater tubes connects under the intake manifold. They fixed the connection and adjusted the hood latch. I picked it up tonight and it is in my garage. Hopefully, it got off the a bad start and that is the end of the problems.

Archived