TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Ordered my GT today!!

tispco

Just ordered my GT convertible today. I can hardly wait for it to arrive!!! The dealer said it should take about eight weeks. I ordered a Torch Red 5-speed Premium GT Convertible with black/red premier interior, polished 18's, navigation, and a cloth top. I sold my last Mustang on New Years Eve back in 1999 and I have been interested getting a S197 since they came out. Now, I finally had the opportunity to get one :banvictory:

Just ordered my GT convertible today. I can hardly wait for it to arrive!!! The dealer said it should take about eight weeks. I ordered a Torch Red 5-speed Premium GT Convertible with black/red premier interior, polished 18's, navigation, and a cloth top. I sold my last Mustang on New Years Eve back in 1999 and I have been interested getting a S197 since they came out. Now, I finally had the opportunity to get one :banvictory:

Tim,

You are going to Love the new Mustang. They are sweet. The quality, and fit up is great. The power is superb. Here is a photo of our GT. Let me know if you need any more help my friend.

Rob

Here is a photo of our GT.

Nice GT! I actually test drove a white GT/CS 5-speed coupe at the dealer. I had driven a few different S197's, but not a 5-speed. I wanted to make sure I could shift it comfortably. I am 6"5" and in my '66 Mustang, I would always jam my leg into the armrest when I shifted.....

Congratulations! Mine is somewhere on a train in Kansas heading south as I'm typing. It may be more like a ten week wait. The 18" wheels tend to hold the order back as the T85 (convertible).

This is a great site to keep in touch with while you wait. We're all at different stages with our cars and oits great to learn what others are doing and recommending.

I've got a question for you tispco...

I took delivery of my 07 GT back in August, well before navigation was available.

However, I got the Shaker 1000 in my car from the factory and I wanted to know if you saw anywhere on the order form about not being able to get the Shaker 1000 with the navigation system.

Any info relating the availability of the Shaker 1000 and the Navigation System would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance tispco

I've got a question for you tispco...

I took delivery of my 07 GT back in August, well before navigation was available.

However, I got the Shaker 1000 in my car from the factory and I wanted to know if you saw anywhere on the order form about not being able to get the Shaker 1000 with the navigation system.

Any info relating the availability of the Shaker 1000 and the Navigation System would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance tispco

According to the November 1, 2006 Ford Mustang Order guide, the Navigation system is NOT available with either the base radio or Shaker 1000. The navigation can only be ordered with the Shaker 500. I read speculation that possibly the nav unit does not have provisions to handle the Shaker 1000 subs in the trunk. Anyways, I could not order the Nav AND Shaker 1000.

According to the November 1, 2006 Ford Mustang Order guide, the Navigation system is NOT available with either the base radio or Shaker 1000. The navigation can only be ordered with the Shaker 500. I read speculation that possibly the nav unit does not have provisions to handle the Shaker 1000 subs in the trunk. Anyways, I could not order the Nav AND Shaker 1000.

You are correct, you can't get the shaker 1000 and the nav together.

Did you get your DORA yet?

Congrats!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Great news and welcome, always good to have a fellow Tar Heel Mustang owner.

You are correct, you can't get the shaker 1000 and the nav together.

Did you get your DORA yet?

I am going to call the dealership tomorrow. I hope (assume) they have it.

Congrats!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Great news and welcome, always good to have a fellow Tar Heel Mustang owner.

Thanks. I ordered it from Young Ford on the X-plan.

• 3 weeks later...

That's great news. I've had my convertible for 3 weeks now and I love it. I didn't have the older convertible to compare it to, but mine feels very solid and the reviews usually mention how structurally sound this convertible is. You may get yours a little earlier if it doesn't have to sit on the yard while they replace the emergency brake cables. :hysterical2: That rumor was true - when I got mine, I noticed that the access cover was lying loose in the console. When are you going to start those mods?

• 2 weeks later...
My dealer called today and my Mustang is being built as I type this. Let's hope they are having a good week at the plant!! The ETA has been move up to the week of February 25th. I can hardly wait!!! :hyper:

Awesome. I have had my convertible for about 3 months now. I have yet to break 1000 miles. The weather up here sucks. You will love it though. It doesn't sound loud even on the highway, no air sounds or anything. The top is really quiet. Top down, that exhaust sounds good. I cannot wait to get my Corsa's on and get that top down. may have to do it in the garage. 10 degrees and snow and salt today means she doesn't leave the garage! Enjoy that vertible!

It was only about 55 here in Charlotte today. I am hoping we get some warm weather in March so I can put the top down and have some fun!

I had my top down at about 55 degrees with the seat heater on and just the vent on medium high. It was perfect. I did not even have a coat on! You will love it! Second best to riding my motorcycle as far as the freedom feeling. I don't think I will ever buy a coupe again! Later gater, enjoy your vertible.

Hey, Charlotte!

I lived in Starmount (off South Blvd by Harrelson Ford) for a couple of years.

How's traffic these days?! :hysterical2:

I drive by there everyday on my way to work! They are building a light rail system (which noone will use) next to South Blvd from Uptown all the way to 485. CONSTANT construction and traffic jams!! :censored:

Sorry - 90 - I didn't mean to rub it in. I've been there - trust me.

tispco - I bought a '91 LX 5.0 from Young Ford! I think it was $13k!!

It took me almost an hour to drive from Starmount to Gastonia to work every night.

I miss the action in the Queen City - but not the chaos!

If you ever do a trip to the Outer Banks, email me and we'll hook up.

oesterreichb@ecu.edu

Ruf -

Sorry - 90 - I didn't mean to rub it in. I've been there - trust me.

tispco - I bought a '91 LX 5.0 from Young Ford! I think it was $13k!!

It took me almost an hour to drive from Starmount to Gastonia to work every night.

I miss the action in the Queen City - but not the chaos!

If you ever do a trip to the Outer Banks, email me and we'll hook up.

oesterreichb@ecu.edu

Ruf -

Nah man, it's cool!!! I'm just tired of winter and want it to be spring already. :hyper:

Archived