TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Capless gas filler

9599svt

While I was looking on here I came across a post talking about a special funnel needed to fill the car with gas from a gas can. Nothning more was mentioned, and I was wondering if a special funnel is needed and if so if it comes with the car or if it has to be bought from Ford or if it is easily made by oneself? Thanks

While I was looking on here I came across a post talking about a special funnel needed to fill the car with gas from a gas can. Nothning more was mentioned, and I was wondering if a special funnel is needed and if so if it comes with the car or if it has to be bought from Ford or if it is easily made by oneself? Thanks

It's in the trunk under the trunk liner where the air pump is.

I believe that one comes with the car. Check your spare tire well area for it.

According to the manual, you only need to use the funnel if you want to use a gas can, etc. to put gas in the car. If you go to the gas station, the nozzle fits just fine!

Welcome to the site, I will be using a can just so it has a little more gas in it for its winter storage before I get to take it for its first ride come spring.

I used a smaller funnel to add STA-Bil before storing the car for the winter, and what I noticed is that there are two "release clips" on either side of the filler hole. If you contact and put pressure on both clips, it will release the metal door to the fuel filler opening.

The fuel filler nozzle at a gas station hits both sides perfectly, so fuel filler opening is accessible just from the pressure the nozzle makes with the clips.

Welcome to the site, I will be using a can just so it has a little more gas in it for its winter storage before I get to take it for its first ride come spring.

Make sure you add some sta-bil to the tank if its going to sit for more than 2 months...

I added 5 ounces to a full tank of gas before the cover went on.

I swear by this stuff...

Archived