TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush GT500 blower upgrades

I talked with the guys at Roush today & they said FORD made them pull any & all info about their upgrades for the GT500. Ford Racing was having a shit fit about it & now they are having to go thru the long drawn out process with Ford in marketing this with their help.

He did say it should be finalized in about a month & produce 650hp with a CAI, Blower & Intake swap :happy feet:

I talked with the guys at Roush today & they said FORD made them pull any & all info about their upgrades for the GT500. Ford Racing was having a shit fit about it & now they are having to go thru the long drawn out process with Ford in marketing this with their help.

He did say it should be finalized in about a month & produce 650hp with a CAI, Blower & Intake swap :happy feet:

Thanks, CWHR-

i thought Roush was already marketing a 700HP blower for the GT500 with 3/36 warranty? am I missing something?

Ron

onlytruth.wav

onlytruth.wav

I smell a conspiracy brewing... quick, call Oliver Stone!

I'll wake Ruf and start fueling the Blackhawk... who's got Roush's home address??

Thanks, CWHR-

i thought Roush was already marketing a 700HP blower for the GT500 with 3/36 warranty? am I missing something?

Ron

They had a 700hp version, but it was without the warranty. Warranty was only with the tamer version. http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=152

So the Roush unit is no longer available?

KC666

So the Roush unit is no longer available?

KC666

They said it should be available in about a month AFTER the legal issues are resolved with FORD & Ford Racing. Don't ask what they are stuck on, I tried to get it out of him but he wouldn't comment on it anymore. He did say check back in a month to see if it had been resolved & if pricing was available.

They said it should be available in about a month AFTER the legal issues are resolved with FORD & Ford Racing. Don't ask what they are stuck on, I tried to get it out of him but he wouldn't comment on it anymore. He did say check back in a month to see if it had been resolved & if pricing was available.

Ok Thanks. Ive been toying with the idea of putting one of these non warrenty voiding units on, but then again I might stick with the blower on it till the warrantys gone then go ape shit. I dont plan on selling the car anytime soon. I need to drive it first to get a feel for whether I need more power right away. More than just tune and CAI can offer.

KC666

if you want the 700HP you will have to swap out the S/C & intake, and he mentioned a stroker kit might also be offered for that non warrenty stage 3 kit :drop:

I'll be looking at the stage 2 kit with (650hp) using a CAI & S/C swap with a 3yr/36k warrenty.

Come to think of it, this could be the legal problem? Roush stated it wouldn't void the factory warrenty & maybe they (Ford & Ford Racing) feel differently about that? Plus who is going to pay for it if it does go BOOM! :ohsnap:

The plot thickens.....

Snip

Come to think of it, this could be the legal problem? Roush stated it wouldn't void the factory warrenty & maybe they (Ford & Ford Racing) feel differently about that? Plus who is going to pay for it if it does go BOOM! :ohsnap:

The plot thickens.....

Ding I think we have a winner :D

owlwhatyoudidthereag7.jpg

Just a possible response from Ford to Roush after hearing about Roush's announcement about the warranty.

Archived