TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just installed SVT Air Inlet Tube

hitman007

Cost: $60.00

Time to install: 1 beer / 20 minutes.

Hardest Part: Finding the 10mm socket in my tool box to remove the air filter box.

Result: I can actually hear the Supercharger now! I love it!

It looks stock and is much better looking than the factory unit with the muffler in it.

That looks terrible

wtf

I thought it just replaced the muffler in the stock tube, I didnt know it would look different

It not only looks like crap but looks restrictive

You can save the $60 and just remove the muffler if you like the looks of the big obnoxious stock unit. As far as more restrictive, this unit is smooth and has nothing inside it to redirect and reflect air. My guess is its less restrictive than stock which is why it ships with the 660 HP Supercharger Upgrade package. From the Ford Racing stie:

Fits 2010 Mustang SVT

Air Inlet Resonator Eliminator for improved air flow

Standard on 2010 Mustang SVT 660 Hp Supercharger Upgrade Kit M-6066-MSVTA

That looks terrible

wtf

I thought it just replaced the muffler in the stock tube, I didnt know it would look different

It not only looks like crap but looks restrictive

Cmon Chuck its Chrismas--I think its the angle of the pic that makes it look weird.I think a frontal shot would mak eit look better than the stock unit

Was it installed facing the wrong way, it looks like a funny shaped hour glass lol

If you were to turn its tapered side facing the motor and not the shock tower, it would flow better with the whole TB to air box angle imo.

sorry guys haha

If and when I get a new one, Id get this mod, but I'm thinking the JLT may look better

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Santa brought me some authentic SAI Cobra racing shoes, holy shit they are awsome!

• 2 weeks later...

Cost: $60.00

Time to install: 1 beer / 20 minutes.

Hardest Part: Finding the 10mm socket in my tool box to remove the air filter box.

Result: I can actually hear the Supercharger now! I love it!

It looks stock and is much better looking than the factory unit with the muffler in it.

Thanks for the pics - how much louder is the SC sound? 10% 50%? Have you heard the sound of an 08 or 09 from the outside by chance?

Could you compare to the sound of a KR SC whine? Go 1.20 into this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SWygWnCTSk - what do you think in comparison?

Thanks in advance - I really like the upgrade.

Thanks for the pics - how much louder is the SC sound? 10% 50%? Have you heard the sound of an 08 or 09 from the outside by chance?

Could you compare to the sound of a KR SC whine? Go 1.20 into this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SWygWnCTSk - what do you think in comparison?

Thanks in advance - I really like the upgrade.

J

ust put in my JLT intake.To compare is tough, i couldnt hear the SC at all before,Id say its noticable,not as loud as MY STS V, but id say on the db scale its maybe a 50db sound inside---dont knowabout from outside. I like the looks of the JLT unit

Yes it does that's why FRPP uses it with their 2010 TVS kit.

What about the FRPP blue filter? How does it compare to our stock ones in terms of flow/performance? I bought one as a future replacement because it was on sale and I liked the color of it better than the stock yellow filter. Once I got it, liked it so much I installed it and am just keeping the OEM unit in a box...

What about the FRPP blue filter? How does it compare to our stock ones in terms of flow/performance? I bought one as a future replacement because it was on sale and I liked the color of it better than the stock yellow filter. Once I got it, liked it so much I installed it and am just keeping the OEM unit in a box...

I have a blue and a red one from my last car but I'm staying with the stock dry filter because honestly I don't like oiling those things and oiled filters don't flow much more to make a difference. Oh yea TVS going on Friday. Yesss...

Carefull changing the cai or filter without a custom tune, you may make the engine run lean or rich by changing the airflow

Not as loud as I wanted. Before swapping the tubes I could barely hear the SC whine. Now with the Ford SVT tube I can hear it but it is at least 50% less than my 2008 Roush 427R. I suspect as others have said here that Ford just did a really good job insulating the 2010 from outside noise. I also just put on the Roush off road exhaust and I am very pleased with the sound improvement.

J

ust put in my JLT intake.To compare is tough, i couldnt hear the SC at all before,Id say its noticable,not as loud as MY STS V, but id say on the db scale its maybe a 50db sound inside---dont knowabout from outside. I like the looks of the JLT unit

I have a blue and a red one from my last car but I'm staying with the stock dry filter because honestly I don't like oiling those things and oiled filters don't flow much more to make a difference. Oh yea TVS going on Friday. Yesss...

I did both, and am very happy...

post-24738-126305297883_thumb.jpg

post-24738-126305297883_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello,first time poster traded in my 07 vette dec 4 for a 010 gt 500 black/silver stripes tomorrow is the first time im drivin the beast since i got it home from the dealer w/20 miles on the clock.anyways i pulled of the the air intake and i didnt see any type of baffle/restrictors before the throttle butterflys, cause i reallly want to hear the s/c would really appreciate any helpful tips thanks in advance. nick

Hello,first time poster traded in my 07 vette dec 4 for a 010 gt 500 black/silver stripes tomorrow is the first time im drivin the beast since i got it home from the dealer w/20 miles on the clock.anyways i pulled of the the air intake and i didnt see any type of baffle/restrictors before the throttle butterflys, cause i reallly want to hear the s/c would really appreciate any helpful tips thanks in advance. nick

it definitely has one, it's attached to the air filter.. you can disconnect with a screwdriver, easy to replace with the svt or JLT

It's the oval tube between the air filter and the accordion-style tube. If you remove it you will find it looks like a muffler on the inside. I ordered the FRPP replacement because I don't want to spend $200 for the JLT if that complete assembly is going to be replaced eventually with a KB 2.8LC setup.

Archived