TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake with Blue Stripes

Oh just another comment.... Let me ask you all a question.... If the so called Head of operations at the Mod Shop you chose to get your car built, calls YOU and askes if he can do the work to your car.... HOW is that me asking.... They called me up and offered it out.... They called.... one more time... THEY CALLED..... I just said yes... So as the STB goes the color of it and all the nessecary work needed to be done..... THAT WAS ALL TASCA'S IDEA..... NOT MINE.... And when they told me about the stripe... AGAIN IT WAS DONE BEFORE IT HAD BLACK... I'm not complaining or whining..... I'm just sitting back reading all of this and knowing that what happened to my SS.... well let's just say.... Seems very POPULAR NOW!!! How many of you other SS owners out there can say that???? Oh That's right.... None.... And for the person who compared me with the picture of the Grizzly & the Trout..... "IT TAKES MORE POWER TO SWIM UP RIVER THEN IT DOES TO JUST SIT THERE AND FEED YOUR FACE" ..... Seems like you are the type of person who always had everything done for them.... Or should I say given to them.... Life is about taking chances... Like the Trout I just don't sit down.... I took a chance... But unlike the Trout.... I will move on and make things happen.... And form what I have been reading for the past few days..... I've made alot of things happen.... Especially with the events that surround my SS...... I guess I took a chance when TASCA offered up the " STB & ALL"... It amazes me that most everyone on this site believe's what they want too.... I wish I had taken pictures of the car the day I picked it up... I wish I had recorded everyone involved.... I'm not throwing anyone under the so called BUS.... I am just defending MY 2008 GT 500 SUPER SNAKE... BLUE STRIPE & ALL.... Being different isn't a bad thing... It's actually very good... But being the same as everyone else... Sounds kind of boring.....

His maturity level just astounds me.

Your statement maybe true, but in the end you're still the one getting eaten alive. Kinda like what's happening now. So please scan all your documents, statements, and your sworn agreements from Tasca of your prototype and upload them onto this website.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His maturity level just astounds me.

Your statement maybe true, but in the end you're still the one getting eaten alive. Kinda like what's happening now. So please scan all your documents, statements, and your sworn agreements from Tasca of your prototype and upload them onto this website.

I'm not getting eaten alive.... I'm actually enjoying this..... And that TASCA GT 500 COBRA.... Nice car... wonder where that got the idea for that STB???? Hmmmmmmmmm..... Wonder whos's car they tried it on first Hmmmmmmmm???? And I will down LOAD EVERYTHING...... This is gonna be good.....

I'm not getting eaten alive.... I'm actually enjoying this..... And that TASCA GT 500 COBRA.... Nice car... wonder where that got the idea for that STB???? Hmmmmmmmmm..... Wonder whos's car they tried it on first Hmmmmmmmm???? And I will down LOAD EVERYTHING...... This is gonna be good.....

the GT500SCJ was designed and built before any Tasca Super Snakes were, it was one of Dennis's first projects when he took over the mod shop

Are you suggesting this was done on your car first? Before the "Tasca GT 500 Cobra"? If so, better look again, per one of your idiotic posts, your car didn't reach Tasca til Fall 08 (like October). Look closely at the Tasca Cobra build date.............................................. Try April 08?

Must have been some kinda time warp machine Tasca used :hysterical::headscratch::hysterical3:

How about the undisputed comments by both Roger (a.k.a. rosssvt) nor Amy disputing your claims of a SAI prototype 1 of 1?

We all have our own versions of these 1 of 1 cars, as most of us have installed our own personal mods (by way of doing it ourselves, SAI, one of the mod shops, etc...)

I think it's past time for you to get back to smoking the ganga as it's evident your going through withdrawl!

It amazes me that most everyone on this site believe's what they want too.... I wish I had taken pictures of the car the day I picked it up... I wish I had recorded everyone involved.... I'm not throwing anyone under the so called BUS.... I am just defending MY 2008 GT 500 SUPER SNAKE... BLUE STRIPE & ALL.... Being different isn't a bad thing... It's actually very good... But being the same as everyone else... Sounds kind of boring.....

I agree that tasca did this, they have admitted it. They had the stripes made from a stripe guy in town. The issue for us is that we will list it as a customer modification. we inspected this car and tagged it and when we did it had black stripes side and top. What happens after that is a customer modification unauthorized by us. That is what the registry will state

Amy

Like you said.. OWNER MODIFICATIONS..... Mine are NOT....You See my billing reads that all the work TASCA did was indeed during the build process... BY THERE REQUEST... Not mine.... I just accept it... THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE..... So... The SAGA continues.....

There is no proof you did or didn't ask for this, you changed the car after it was approved and signed off on by us. and owner mod doesn't mean done by you, means approved and payed for by you...... Tasca is a Shelby Shop and a mod shop . these changes are what they are, not approved or sanctioned by Shelby

I know of another SS that was HIGHLY modded BEFORE SAI approved the car.

When Chris got there to approve it he noticed ALL the mods and would NOT approve the car!!! Tasca had to put the car BACK to SS standards before SAI would sign off and put the dash plaque on it! I know the owner VERY well and had followed thru him the progress of his SS.

AFTER the car was signed off, THEN Tasca put the mods on the car, but ONLY after!!!

Im sorry if you got sold a bill of goods, but its still a great looking car!

MM

I agree that tasca did this, they have admitted it. They had the stripes made from a stripe guy in town. The issue for us is that we will list it as a customer modification. we inspected this car and tagged it and when we did it had black stripes side and top. What happens after that is a customer modification unauthorized by us. That is what the registry will state.

There is no proof you did or didn't ask for this, you changed the car after it was approved and signed off on by us. and owner mod doesn't mean done by you, means approved and payed for by you...... Tasca is a Shelby Shop and a mod shop . these changes are what they are, not approved or sanctioned by Shelby

Amy

Amy... At least you understand where I am coming from... I wish though you could get in touch with the guy who put the stripe on.... Because he did tell me it never had black... And as for the STB... well..... I guess you know the truth about that too... There is one request that I do have if at all possible... Place and asteric next to my SS in the Registry... Noting my disagreement with your decission (customer modification).... I will respect it..... But don't agree with it.....

There is one request that I do have if at all possible... Place and asteric next to my SS in the Registry... Noting my disagreement with your decission (customer modification).... I will respect it..... But don't agree with it....

That ain't going to happen...hysterical3.gif

Drew.....when..... will..... you..... upload..... the...... seperate...... invoice...... that..... Tasca..... gave...... you...... for..... the...... installation..... of.... the..... blue...... stripes?

Never?

I....thought....so.

:hysterical:

Amy... At least you understand where I am coming from... I wish though you could get in touch with the guy who put the stripe on.... Because he did tell me it never had black... And as for the STB... well..... I guess you know the truth about that too... There is one request that I do have if at all possible... Place and asteric next to my SS in the Registry... Noting my disagreement with your decission (customer modification).... I will respect it..... But don't agree with it.....

An Asterisk {sp} next to your name in the registry Are you kidding? Not only do you need to learn how to spell but you need to learn to listen

"NOW here's the fun part... I walked into the shop and my jaw dropped.... MY CAR HAD A BLUE STRIPE..... At this time Dennis was printing out all of my paper work... And I saw this gentlemen who was putting stripes on another SS... I asked him what happened to my car... He said (this person looked just like Alec Baldwin) " I was told you wanted BLUE..." I said but I thought it needed BLACK??? He said " YOUR CAR NEVER HAD BLACK.... I JUST PUT ON BLUE AND WAS IT A BITCH"! I Smiled and thank him and walked away..."

Drew.....did....you....ever....stop.....for.....a......moment.....to......think.....that......

TASCA REMOVED YOUR BLACK STRIPES AND PREPPED YOUR CAR BEFORE THE LOCAL DECAL GUY CAME INTO THE SHOP TO PUT THE BLUE STRIPES ON THE CAR???!!!

I would bet that you have a seperate invoice for the stripe install, and probably says something like "redue stripes in Blue" or "re-install", or something like that....RIGHT??

Does the invoice have the word REDUE OR RE-INSTALL on it, Drew?

Of course the installer would tell you that the car never had black stripes on it, BUT THAT'S coming from a guy who doesn't work at Tasca, never saw the original FB black stripes on your car, and could care less about your car either!

I find it totally amazing how much creedance you put on a brief conversation with a sub-contracted decal installer. Maybe your into Alec Baldwin or something because you act like he was some sort of Shelby god or something.

"The decal installer said it was so, and that's all I need to know."

Jeez, Louse!

HOW CAN YOU NOT COMPLETELY ACCEPT WHAT AMY IS TELLING YOU ABOUT YOUR CAR?

We inspect every car and we would never tag a car that wasn't correct. My guys have refused to tag cars before and your car had black stripes. That is the truth, end of discussion you car is not a legit ss with blue stripes

Amy

We inspect every car and we would never tag a car that wasn't correct. My guys have refused to tag cars before and your car had black stripes. That is the truth, end of discussion you car is not a legit ss with blue stripes

Amy

Ouch!... That's gonna leave a mark!

still waiting for the evidence that the one and only GT500 was built at Tasca?

still waiting for the evidence that your car was the "test pony" for the CJ (that actually came out before your car was built)?!?

you are in a hornets nest, friend. your greed has not only made you look like a fool here trying to sell snake oil (no pun intended) but may land Tasca in hot water as well.

my advice: just stop. the only thing good coming out of this is entertainment value for teamshelby members. sell your car for a fair price and move on.

you cannot pull one over on these folks. again... try youtube or ebay you will have better luck.

Amy

Get him Amy!

Mr. D

Good luck with your sell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlzPFm44Wac&feature=related

Tasca is a Shelby Authorized Mod Shop, every car that we build for Shelby is built 100% to Shelby Specification. Someone from the Shelby head quarters in Las Vegas comes out every time we get about 4-5 cars completed, Tasca does not personally badge any Shelby car it is all done by Shelby. Therefore Drew Renkewitz's car CSM# 08SS0303 was built with black Super Snake stripes and no strut tower brace. Drew's car was then inspected and Badged by Chris P in November of 2008, when the car was finished Drew requested we install blue Super Snake style stripe. Although we were wrong by doing so, we had a local vinyl shop remove his black SS stripes and make blue ones for Drew, which Drew was charged for on a separate invoice.

The "PROTO-TYPE" word was never used by a Tasca employee seeing as how we don't Proto type with customers cars nor do we do any proto typing for Shelby. Drew we have our own Tasca Shop Cars for our own proto typing, We are not only a Shelby Mod Shop. We have a 2007 Black GT500, 2008 Red GT500, 2007 Orange Mustang GT, 2006 Blue Ford GT, 2006 Yellow Ford GT, 2010 Red GT500, 2010 White Mustang GT, 2008 Cobra Jet, 2010 Silver Ford SHO, 2010 Cobra Jet and 2010 Body in white. WHY DO WE NEED YOURS? The funny thing is I did call you and ask if you wanted us to use a Whipple Engine lowering kit and then install a Ford Racing Strut Tower brace. We used these parts way before your car was ever in our shop, however I will give you credit for one thing which is the fact that you were the first to have these parts installed on a Kenne Bell car here at Tasca.

Drew I appreciate your business however the facts are the facts and I have two invoices in my hand, one is a Super Snake invoice which has black stripes charged on it and a sublet charge for the black stripes to be installed. Then on the second invoice Line A, states in these exact words " Re due Stripes in Blue" which again you were charged for the stripes and the labor to install them. Do to company policy and customer privacy I am not going to post these invoices but at the end of the day your car was a Super Snake and then you had it modified. “CUSTOMER UPGRADE”

P.S. The pictures previously posted by GT500-07 are indeed your car in our body shop before Chris P. came down to inspect it.

Regards,

Dennis Gomes

Tasca Mod Shop

Why does it matter if the STRIPE was put on at TASCA QUANTUM or VEGAS????? Does this mean my SS is FAKE because it wasn't built there (SAI VEGAS)???? YOU see this is the problem with everyone.... So just by reading your comment... I BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE.... Doesn't seem like anyone has anything better to do.... That's a shame... Just like I've been saying... My SS is a UNICORN!!!! and that's that... I guess it's true what they say... "WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS".....

Nope, it has nothing to do with where the car was built, BUT, it has everything to do with what is common practice at each individual shop. I think (but am not sure) that if I were to bring a 2008 GT500 to Tasca and say, "I would like Blue Super Snake stripes on my Red (non-Super Snake) GT500", they would do it, or have it done. Why wouldn't they, they are getting paid, they do what the customer wants, all is good. A person on the SVTPerformance.com GT500 forum has the Tasca installed lower engine mounts and strut tower brace over his KB, these items are not Super Snake specific at Tasca, it is how they make their money. Yes, they can be installed on a Super Snake, and there may be others out there who will have this done (by Tasca). Can I go to Las Vegas and ask for these additional items to be installed on my Super Snake? No. Can I get Super Snake stripes in any color installed at Las Vegas on any Shelby of my choosing, again no, not at the "Mothership". This tells me that it would be much more strange, unique, unicorn, what ever you want to call it, if a Super Snake slipped out of Las Vegas (1 of 1) as opposed to one of these authorized facilities that do these "other" things for the mass of buyers waiting to spend their $$$.

R

Tasca is a Shelby Authorized Mod Shop, every car that we build for Shelby is built 100% to Shelby Specification. Someone from the Shelby head quarters in Las Vegas comes out every time we get about 4-5 cars completed, Tasca does not personally badge any Shelby car it is all done by Shelby. Therefore Drew Renkewitz's car CSM# 08SS0303 was built with black Super Snake stripes and no strut tower brace. Drew's car was then inspected and Badged by Chris P in November of 2008, when the car was finished Drew requested we install blue Super Snake style stripe. Although we were wrong by doing so, we had a local vinyl shop remove his black SS stripes and make blue ones for Drew, which Drew was charged for on a separate invoice.

The "PROTO-TYPE" word was never used by a Tasca employee seeing as how we don't Proto type with customers cars nor do we do any proto typing for Shelby. Drew we have our own Tasca Shop Cars for our own proto typing, We are not only a Shelby Mod Shop. We have a 2007 Black GT500, 2008 Red GT500, 2007 Orange Mustang GT, 2006 Blue Ford GT, 2006 Yellow Ford GT, 2010 Red GT500, 2010 White Mustang GT, 2008 Cobra Jet, 2010 Silver Ford SHO, 2010 Cobra Jet and 2010 Body in white. WHY DO WE NEED YOURS? The funny thing is I did call you and ask if you wanted us to use a Whipple Engine lowering kit and then install a Ford Racing Strut Tower brace. We used these parts way before your car was ever in our shop, however I will give you credit for one thing which is the fact that you were the first to have these parts installed on a Kenne Bell car here at Tasca.

Drew I appreciate your business however the facts are the facts and I have two invoices in my hand, one is a Super Snake invoice which has black stripes charged on it and a sublet charge for the black stripes to be installed. Then on the second invoice Line A, states in these exact words " Re due Stripes in Blue" which again you were charged for the stripes and the labor to install them. Do to company policy and customer privacy I am not going to post these invoices but at the end of the day your car was a Super Snake and then you had it modified. “CUSTOMER UPGRADE”

P.S. The pictures previously posted by GT500-07 are indeed your car in our body shop before Chris P. came down to inspect it.

Regards,

Dennis Gomes

Tasca Mod Shop

Thank you Dennis, this was getting crazy!!

Two invoices..............that is what I thought way back in the first portion of this thread!!

I agree that the Blue Stripes look Great on this White Super Snake, but "unicorn" and "1 of 1" (officially), and all of that was going over the top.

R

Regards,

Dennis Gomes

Tasca Mod Shop

so when is the red stripe coming :hysterical3:

Regards,

Dennis Gomes

Tasca Mod Shop

Thanks Dennis for the very enlightening post-As always a true professional! Mr Renkewitz what little credibility you had is now in the crapper. Good luck selling your car and let the buyer beware!

Drew I appreciate your business however the facts are the facts and I have two invoices in my hand, one is a Super Snake invoice which has black stripes charged on it and a sublet charge for the black stripes to be installed. Then on the second invoice Line A, states in these exact words " Re due Stripes in Blue" which again you were charged for the stripes and the labor to install them. Do to company policy and customer privacy I am not going to post these invoices but at the end of the day your car was a Super Snake and then you had it modified. "CUSTOMER UPGRADE"

Regards,

Dennis Gomes

Tasca Mod Shop

Well, if Amy's comments weren't enough, I now think this issue is officiallly dead.....rip.gif

Archived