TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake with Blue Stripes

I do have a Masters degree from MIT and I say what you have is a modified Shelby Supersnake with Tasca modified parts installed. Pretty straight forward in my mind. Nice Car BTW...

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Franklin Gothic Medium"]And that's the FACT Jack![/size]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a Masters degree from MIT and I say what you have is a modified Shelby Supersnake with Tasca modified parts installed. Pretty straight forward in my mind. Nice Car BTW...

Hillarious! :hysterical::hysterical:

Don't get angry that you can't sell your deception here, drenkewitz!

You just came to the wrong place (meaning a place with knowledgable people)

Just go back to youtube or ebay. you will find a sucker there that may buy your car for $120K+.

I dont fault you for trying to get the most you can for your SS.... but you are being deceptive to get a premium and you deserve the scrutiny you are getting. its a great looking car... just not as advertised. If you are going to make these claims don't whine when someone has the audacity to investigate your claim and call you out.

since you like capital letters, I would just reiterate that the PRESIDENT of SAI indicated that your claims are incorrect.

as you say ...."suck it up"...

You came to the wrong place to sell snake oil, friend.

I am still looking for proof that TASCA built the one and only GT500??

Happy New Year everyone!!

I wasn't aware that these other so called SHELBY MOD SHOPS.... Didn't hold the same TITLE as the.. again mentioned MOTHER SHIP..... I wish I had known.... And maybe just maybe, I would have bought a CAMARO.....

Bro..... I have a couple of Shelby's....new, old and rare, and I have to say that if I was to get a Super Snake for my 2008 GT500 I would definately chosse the "Mother Ship" aka SAI. I do have the choice of mod shops (in Ontarion, Canada) or the mother ship and I will choose the mother ship every time (for a bunch of different reasons). Also, you mention buying an Camaro insetead.........why on God's Green Earth would you choose such an option?????? A Camaro over a Shelby...... are you feeling straight in the head???????? :D

QSS

Yes I do have all the documentation... And NO it's not "AFTER MARKET" parts... I didn't get them at the local WAL MART... They where designed by TASCA... a SHELBY MOD SHOP.... and installed bt TASCA ...a SHELBY MOD SHOP..... So I guess that means they are a SHELBY PART!!!!!!! RIGHT AMY!!!! I mean give me a break.... You don't need a MASTERS from MIT to figure that out.... Unless Tasca & Quantum are just money makers for the MOTHER SHIP (SAI VEGAS)... And if they don't listen to the master (SAI VEGAS).... I Guess all bets are off..... Correct me if I'm wrong but I had a choice of where to get the BUILD DONE.... I wasn't aware that these other so called SHELBY MOD SHOPS.... Didn't hold the same TITLE as the.. again mentioned MOTHER SHIP..... I wish I had known.... And maybe just maybe, I would have bought a CAMARO.....

Tasca does a lot of race car prep and mustang modification not all of which are Shelby,so yes if the parts are not listed in the original Super Snake specifications, even if they were purchased at a mod shop ,they are in fact "aftermarket" just as the president of Shelby ,Amy, stated. It's humorous to me how you even challenge Amy with your elliptical logic.

Secondly at the present time you can get a new GT500 for MSRP or slightly under. This together with the #33,000 SS conversion fee puts the cost of a brand new Super Snake some where around $80,000. Knowing this why in the H--- would anyone pay $40,000 more for your car with non spec stripes and non spec motor mounts?

Thirdly,if in fact the people at Tasca did you a solid and added the blue stripes before the black stripes were installed {which I don't think was the case,I think the stripes were added after the car was authenticated and the black stripes were removed}.Why in the world would you throw them under the bus on a national forum and possibly cause problems with "The mother ship" The folks at Tasca are the most professional and Knowledgeable about Shelby products that I have come across and I'm amazed at the nature of some of your comments

Now that is hilarious, thanks Stuart, I needed a good laugh :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Mr. D, based on your posts here, you are clearly the one that's missing our specific points here. You appear to be a person with means that bought a car that you don't know a great deal of history about (and you BS about things that you think you know like the original 1967 SS was designed and built by Tasca when it WASN'T), and it also appears that you must rely on others (your "Shelby fanatic" friend as an example) to educate you about your car, the Super Snake package, and the additional, and yes some, aftermarket parts that Tasca installed on your car at YOUR request.

1. NO ONE here is saying that your car is NOT a REAL Super Snake; we all agree that it is. What we are saying is that your car is not A TRUE Super Snake because of the modifications that YOU requested to have done to your car. There is quite a bit of difference between the words REAL and TRUE.

2. NO ONE here is saying that Tasca is not a legitimate and authorized mod shop for Shelby American.

3. The Strut Tower brace is a Ford Racing product, designed by a supplier to Ford Racing Parts. It was NOT DESIGNED by Tasca as you mistakenly claim in your post. The ONLY thing that Tasca designed on your STB was picking out the proper white color to paint it in order to meet YOUR REQUEST that it be painted white. Otherwise, those Super Snakes that do have STB's on them, were all installed by every mod shop (yes, including Tasca) in the original color that Ford Racing painted them all; and that's black, PERIOD.

4. The engine mounts and the blue colored vinyl materal that Tasca used ARE ABSOLUTELY, 100% AFTERMARKET PARTS. To educate you, aftermarket parts are parts that are manufactured by companies to fill an engineering need/idea that was developed AFTER the car was completed and built by the original manufacturer. In this particular case Ford Motor Company nor Shelby American produce or offer engine mounts that lower the engine, nor does either company make or offer thin-wide-thin Super Snake stripes in blue vinyl, therefore THOSE TWO COMPONENTS are aftermarket parts that were sourced out by Tasca in order to fill YOUR PERSONAL REQUESTS/DESIRES.

5. Another way to put all of this so you can comprehend it better is this... if you dropped your white/charcoal 2008 GT500 off at Tasca and did not go begging to have your car striped in blue, have a strut tower brace that was painted white and installed in a manner that would allow it to clear (lowering the engine) the Kenne Bell supercharger (let us know if you need more information about what that is), THEN YOUR CAR WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO YOU AS A TRUE 725 H.P. SUPER SNAKE. A Super Snake that has the PROPER, ORIGINAL CONCEPT, thin-wide-thin FLAT BLACK stripe, NO STRUT TOWER BRACE (because of the KB supercharger), and the engine mounts would have been STOCK, FACTORY INSTALLED, ENGINE MOUNTS because there would be NO REASON for Tasca to install AFTERMARKET MOTOR MOUNTS on your car.

6. The bottom line issue that we have is about YOU, not your car. It's about your misguided allegation/claim that YOUR CAR IS SOME SORT OF ONE OF ONE, FACTORY BUILT, PROTOTYPE SUPER SNAKE CAR THAT NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS, and that claim is just a HUGE PILE of 100% steaming bovine feces. The secondary issue that we have with this matter is THAT YOU ARE MAKING FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT YOUR CAR TO POTENTAL BUYERS, buyers like you who may not have a clue about what a TRUE Super Snake package is.

7. Just because an authorized mod shop physcally installed those components UPON YOUR REQUEST AFTER it was blessed/plaqued as a Super Snake does NOT constitute those added items as FACTORY INSTALLED SUPER SNAKE PARTS as you claim in your posts and in your (false) advertisment about those modifications. By your own ignorance about these matters, you have intentionally or unintentionally duped "WE BE AUTOS" into believing that your car is something that it is not.

8. You are operating under somesort of delusion that because you sent your deposit money to Shelby American in Las Vegas that everything done to your car after that was FACTORY AUTHORIZED AND BLESSED BY THEM, and that, as I said, is a delusion on your part. The PRESIDENT of Shelby American has posted that your modifications are not factory authorized, but yet you still maintain your delusion that she is wrong and that you are right. Boy, talk about ignorance and arrogance!

9. No matter how you want to spin the information to make yourself feel better, your car is nothing more than a 2008 GT500 725 H.P. Super Snake that has been modified at your request with a few aftermarket parts that were installed by Tasca Ford, PERIOD.

10. Keep in mind that Shelby American does have photographic evedence on file that your car was originally built to factory specs, so you might want to really consider rethinking the statements and claims that you are making here and in your advertisment.

11. Oh, with regards to buying a Camaro? Camaros were not available in 2008, but here's a calling card for you anyway. Now go call someone who gives a crap about what car you should have bought instead of a Shelby. I guess that you believe that Camaro owners are more gullible/stupid than Shelby owners are.

12. Mr. D, use the following photograph as a metaphor... You are the Salmon, the river is Team Shelby, and the bear represents the members here that don't buy your claims. You are swiming upstream against a very strong current, trying to convince people here that we are the ones that are wrong, only to get eaten by the Team Shelby members (the bear) that know better.

post-4213-126249276265_thumb.jpg

Just my personal opinion of course...

Now that is hilarious, thanks Stuart, I needed a good laugh hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

Hey Rick,

We'll see you in Vegas on Thursday! I hear that you are going to have to break in your rearend before you hit the track. I can't wait to see your car!!! I'm getting the Shelby KB SS supercharger for my car as well.... Take care my friend.

Stuart

Mr. D, based on your posts here, you are clearly the one that's missing our specific points here. You appear to be a person with means that bought a car that you don't know a great deal of history about (and you BS about things that you think you know like the original 1967 SS was designed and built by Tasca when it WASN'T), and it also appears that you must rely on others (your "Shelby fanatic" friend as an example) to educate you about your car, the Super Snake package, and the additional, and yes some, aftermarket parts that Tasca installed on your car at YOUR request.

1. NO ONE here is saying that your car is NOT a REAL Super Snake; we all agree that it is. What we are saying is that your car is not A TRUE Super Snake because of the modifications that YOU requested to have done to your car. There is quite a bit of difference between the words REAL and TRUE.

2. NO ONE here is saying that Tasca is not a legitimate and authorized mod shop for Shelby American.

3. The Strut Tower brace is a Ford Racing product, designed by a supplier to Ford Racing Parts. It was NOT DESIGNED by Tasca as you mistakenly claim in your post. The ONLY thing that Tasca designed on your STB was picking out the proper white color to paint it in order to meet YOUR REQUEST that it be painted white. Otherwise, those Super Snakes that do have STB's on them, were all installed by every mod shop (yes, including Tasca) in the original color that Ford Racing painted them all; and that's black, PERIOD.

4. The engine mounts and the blue colored vinyl materal that Tasca used ARE ABSOLUTELY, 100% AFTERMARKET PARTS. To educate you, aftermarket parts are parts that are manufactured by companies to fill an engineering need/idea that was developed AFTER the car was completed and built by the original manufacturer. In this particular case Ford Motor Company nor Shelby American produce or offer engine mounts that lower the engine, nor does either company make or offer thin-wide-thin Super Snake stripes in blue vinyl, therefore THOSE TWO COMPONENTS are aftermarket parts that were sourced out by Tasca in order to fill YOUR PERSONAL REQUESTS/DESIRES.

5. Another way to put all of this so you can comprehend it better is this... if you dropped your white/charcoal 2008 GT500 off at Tasca and did not go begging to have your car striped in blue, have a strut tower brace that was painted white and installed in a manner that would allow it to clear (lowering the engine) the Kenny Bell supercharger (let us know if you need more information about what that is), THEN YOUR CAR WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO YOU AS A TRUE 725 H.P. SUPER SNAKE. A Super Snake that has the PROPER, ORIGINAL CONCEPT, thin-wide-thin FLAT BLACK stripe, NO STRUT TOWER BRACE (because of the KB supercharger), and the engine mounts would have been STOCK, FACTORY INSTALLED, ENGINE MOUNTS because there would be NO REASON for Tasca to install AFTERMARKET MOTOR MOUNTS on your car.

6. The bottom line issue that we have is about YOU, not your car. It's about your misguided allegation/claim that YOUR CAR IS SOME SORT OF ONE OF ONE, FACTORY BUILT, PROTOTYPE SUPER SNAKE CAR THAT NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS, and that claim is just a HUGE PILE of 100% steaming bovine feces. The secondary issue that we have with this matter is THAT YOU ARE MAKING FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT YOUR CAR TO POTENTAL BUYERS, buyers like you who may not have a clue about what a TRUE Super Snake package is.

7. Just because an authorized mod shop physcally installed those components UPON YOUR REQUEST AFTER it was blessed/plaqued as a Super Snake does NOT constitute those added items as FACTORY INSTALLED SUPER SNAKE PARTS as you claim in your posts and in your (false) advertisment about those modifications. By your own ignorance about these matters, you have intentionally or unintentionally duped "WE BE AUTOS" into believing that your car is something that it is not.

8. You are operating under somesort of delusion that because you sent your deposit money to Shelby American in Las Vegas that everything done to your car after that was FACTORY AUTHORIZED AND BLESSED BY THEM, and that, as I said, is a delusion on your part. The PRESIDENT of Shelby American has posted that your modifications are not factory authorized, but yet you still maintain your delusion that she is wrong and that you are right. Boy, talk about ignorance and arrogance!

9. No matter how you want to spin the information to make yourself feel better, your car is nothing more than a 2008 GT500 725 H.P. Super Snake that has been modified at your request with a few aftermarket parts that were installed by Tasca Ford, PERIOD.

10. Keep in mind that Shelby American does have photographic evedence on file that your car was originally built to factory specs, so you might want to really consider rethinking the statements and claims that you are making here and in your advertisment.

11. Oh, with regards to buying a Camaro? Camaros were not available in 2008, but here's a calling card for you anyway. Now go call someone who gives a crap about what car you should have bought instead of a Shelby. I guess that you believe that Camaro owners are more gullible/stupid than Shelby owners are.

12. Mr. D, use the following photograph as a metaphor... You are the Salmon, the river is Team Shelby, and the bear represents the members here that don't buy your claims. You are swiming upstream against a very strong current, trying to convince people here that we are the ones that are wrong, only to get eaten by the Team Shelby members (the bear) that know better.

Enis,

Excellent Post... Remind me never to get on your wrong side!hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

Stuart

Hey Rick,

We'll see you in Vegas on Thursday! I hear that you are going to have to break in your rearend before you hit the track. I can't wait to see your car!!! I'm getting the Shelby KB SS supercharger for my car as well.... Take care my friend.

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart, actually it is the egine that needs some time, but I think Bud and Phil may have taken care of the break-in for me :shift:

Gerry & Deb, Cathy and I are going to go down to Laughlin on Wednesday, and will be back up to LV Thursday afternoon. See you and Bea at the Hotel!

Rick

Enis,

Excellent Post... Remind me never to get on your wrong side!hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

Stuart

That would never happen Stuart...you operate in reality not fantasy! :hysterical:

I just tried to break it down for the fellow. I doubt that he'll get it, but no one can say that we/I didn't try...

That would never happen Stuart...you operate in reality not fantasy! hysterical.gif

I just tried to break it down for the fellow. I doubt that he'll get it, but no one can say that we/I didn't try...

Take care and be safe driving to Vegas--we'll see you next week... Regards.

Thanks, Stuart, actually it is the egine that needs some time, but I think Bud and Phil may have taken care of the break-in for me shift.gif

Gerry & Deb, Cathy and I are going to go down to Laughlin on Wednesday, and will be back up to LV Thursday afternoon. See you and Bea at the Hotel!

Rick

Sounds good... Be safe...

5. Another way to put all of this so you can comprehend it better is this... if you dropped your white/charcoal 2008 GT500 off at Tasca and did not go begging to have your car striped in blue, have a strut tower brace that was painted white and installed in a manner that would allow it to clear (lowering the engine) the Kenne Bell supercharger (let us know if you need more information about what that is), THEN YOUR CAR WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO YOU AS A TRUE 725 H.P. SUPER SNAKE. A Super Snake that has the PROPER, ORIGINAL CONCEPT, thin-wide-thin FLAT BLACK stripe, NO STRUT TOWER BRACE (because of the KB supercharger), and the engine mounts would have been STOCK, FACTORY INSTALLED, ENGINE MOUNTS because there would be NO REASON for Tasca to install AFTERMARKET MOTOR MOUNTS on your car.

Extremely well put. you really covered everything

Extremely well put. you really covered everything

Thank you. :salute:

Enis,

That was a stellar post, but at the same time I doubt it will change this guy's mind. Reading his posts shows that he obviously feels some sense of priveledge and entitlement to "something unique" merely by paying the same standard deposit and balance every other super snake was charged. That mentality I equate to going to a concert, buying a general admission ticket, and expecting to meet the band after the show :hysterical: Oh thats right, they were doing this guy a favor cuz they went to different high schools together :headscratch:

Drunkenwhiner,

Im sure Tasca would have put pink stripes on it if you asked, but that still doesnt make it a prototype...it just makes it gay. Your CSX number is not listed as a prototype regardless of what some guy at Tasca told you. No person at Tasca or any other mod shop have control of the CSX numbers...they are given the numbers to give out by SAI, and SAI would not have a mod shop build a prototype...SAI tells them what to build, not the other way around. How much clearer does this need to be spelled out for you?

Oh, and I think a Camaro would be a better car for you anyway... :finger:

Enis,

That was a stellar post, but at the same time I doubt it will change this guy's mind. Reading his posts shows that he obviously feels some sense of priveledge and entitlement to "something unique" merely by paying the same standard deposit and balance every other super snake was charged. That mentality I equate to going to a concert, buying a general admission ticket, and expecting to meet the band after the show :hysterical: Oh thats right, they were doing this guy a favor cuz they went to different high schools together :headscratch:

Drunkenwhiner,

Im sure Tasca would have put pink stripes on it if you asked, but that still doesnt make it a prototype...it just makes it gay. Your CSX number is not listed as a prototype regardless of what some guy at Tasca told you. No person at Tasca or any other mod shop have control of the CSX numbers...they are given the numbers to give out by SAI, and SAI would not have a mod shop build a prototype...SAI tells them what to build, not the other way around. How much clearer does this need to be spelled out for you?

Oh, and I think a Camaro would be a better car for you anyway... :finger:

Thank you, and I suspect that you are right. I don't harbor any illusion that I cleared things up for him, but like I said to Stuart, at least I know that we/I gave it our best shot. If the man does not accept/believe what the president of SA says about his car, then what chance do I have to get through to him?

He will live/wallow in his own blissful ignorance, but we, the true hard-core Shelby fanatics will always know what the truth is about his car.

Obviously we get it, and he doesn't.

Oh, BTW, love your line about the pink stripes, that's F'in hilarious!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you, and I suspect that you are right. I don't harbor any illusion that I cleared things up for him, but like I said to Stuart, at least I know that we/I gave it our best shot. If the man does not accept/believe what the president of SA says about his car, then what chance do I have to get through to him?

He will live/wallow in his own blissful ignorance, but we, the true hard-core Shelby fanatics will always know what the truth is about his car.

Obviously we get it, and he doesn't.

Oh, BTW, love your line about the pink stripes, that's F'in hilarious!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

I must admit I hadn't paid a lot of attention to this post until today. What a pinhead. Son of GT you definately hit the nail on the head in all your posts. What is he thinking! One thing I did notice though, as I looked back at the original e-bay listing, is that it shows it comes with a full factory warranty. This is different than we were told when we signed up for our SS. As everyone who owns the 725hp version knows that the warranty is thrown out the window-albeit at a very high rate of speed.

I must admit I hadn't paid a lot of attention to this post until today. What a pinhead. Son of GT you definately hit the nail on the head in all your posts. What is he thinking! One thing I did notice though, as I looked back at the original e-bay listing, is that it shows it comes with a full factory warranty. This is different than we were told when we signed up for our SS. As everyone who owns the 725hp version knows that the warranty is thrown out the window-albeit at a very high rate of speed.

SCDAD, I have to guess that his belief/claim that the factory warranty still being intact would be a result of his apparant limited knowledge of the car/SS package that he purchased. By his own admission, he has a "Shelby fanatic" friend that guided and advised him about his car, but somewhere along the way they both forgot to inquire that the 725 conversion affected the factory warranty (offically it's voided, but Ford has done some limited, specific, warranty repairs on 725 cars). Either that, or Mr. D absolutely does know that the factory warranty has been compromised, and he is making another false claim that his car has "full factory warranty" in his advertisment. Frankly, if I was "WE BE AUTOS", I would take the time to investigate all of Mr. D's claims about the car because they could come back to bite them in the butt later.

I keep seeing "Tasca" and now "Quantum" names thrown around, and Shelby and Super Snake like that is all that they do, and Super Snakes are their only income, and if they do something to a Super Snake outside of the norm that has to mean it is SAI/Super Snake approved, or a fluke, or a freak.

Weren't these two companies around long before the 2007-up Super Snake was brought to market? Weren't these two companies doing their "own flavor" of mods long before being SAI certified Super Snake conversion facilities?? Just because they do something to a car, even a Super Snake, that does not mean that it is something "approved" by the "Mothership". They do many, many things outside of Super Snake conversions I presume, and if someone decides they want something added to their Super Snake, lowered engine mounts, s.t.b., polished valve covers and yes blue stripes, they will do any of these things, after it is approved as an official Super Snake according to SAI guidelines.

Now.................if someone were to receive their Super Snake from SAI Las Vegas with Blue Super Snake stripes, that would be a BIG deal, but these "other" authorized conversion centers putting non-conforming stripes on a Super Snake............no big deal, all we see is the end result with no exact undisputible evidence as to when these stripes were installed during the time at Tasca.

R

Oh just another comment.... Let me ask you all a question.... If the so called Head of operations at the Mod Shop you chose to get your car built, calls YOU and askes if he can do the work to your car.... HOW is that me asking.... They called me up and offered it out.... They called.... one more time... THEY CALLED..... I just said yes... So as the STB goes the color of it and all the nessecary work needed to be done..... THAT WAS ALL TASCA'S IDEA..... NOT MINE.... And when they told me about the stripe... AGAIN IT WAS DONE BEFORE IT HAD BLACK... I'm not complaining or whining..... I'm just sitting back reading all of this and knowing that what happened to my SS.... well let's just say.... Seems very POPULAR NOW!!! How many of you other SS owners out there can say that???? Oh That's right.... None.... And for the person who compared me with the picture of the Grizzly & the Trout..... "IT TAKES MORE POWER TO SWIM UP RIVER THEN IT DOES TO JUST SIT THERE AND FEED YOUR FACE" ..... Seems like you are the type of person who always had everything done for them.... Or should I say given to them.... Life is about taking chances... Like the Trout I just don't sit down.... I took a chance... But unlike the Trout.... I will move on and make things happen.... And form what I have been reading for the past few days..... I've made alot of things happen.... Especially with the events that surround my SS...... I guess I took a chance when TASCA offered up the " STB & ALL"... It amazes me that most everyone on this site believe's what they want too.... I wish I had taken pictures of the car the day I picked it up... I wish I had recorded everyone involved.... I'm not throwing anyone under the so called BUS.... I am just defending MY 2008 GT 500 SUPER SNAKE... BLUE STRIPE & ALL.... Being different isn't a bad thing... It's actually very good... But being the same as everyone else... Sounds kind of boring.....

I keep seeing "Tasca" and now "Quantum" names thrown around, and Shelby and Super Snake like that is all that they do, and Super Snakes are their only income, and if they do something to a Super Snake outside of the norm that has to mean it is SAI/Super Snake approved, or a fluke, or a freak.

Weren't these two companies around long before the 2007-up Super Snake was brought to market? Weren't these two companies doing their "own flavor" of mods long before being SAI certified Super Snake conversion facilities?? Just because they do something to a car, even a Super Snake, that does not mean that it is something "approved" by the "Mothership". They do many, many things outside of Super Snake conversions I presume, and if someone decides they want something added to their Super Snake, lowered engine mounts, s.t.b., polished valve covers and yes blue stripes, they will do any of these things, after it is approved as an official Super Snake according to SAI guidelines.

Now.................if someone were to receive their Super Snake from SAI Las Vegas with Blue Super Snake stripes, that would be a BIG deal, but these "other" authorized conversion centers putting non-conforming stripes on a Super Snake............no big deal, all we see is the end result with no exact undisputible evidence as to when these stripes were installed during the time at Tasca.

Why does it matter if the STRIPE was put on at TASCA QUANTUM or VEGAS????? Does this mean my SS is FAKE because it wasn't built there (SAI VEGAS)???? YOU see this is the problem with everyone.... So just by reading your comment... I BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE.... Doesn't seem like anyone has anything better to do.... That's a shame... Just like I've been saying... My SS is a UNICORN!!!! and that's that... I guess it's true what they say... "WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS".....

Here ya go Mr D, this one's for you...

:hysterical::hysterical:

Oh just another comment.... Let me ask you all a question.... If the so called Head of operations at the Mod Shop you chose to get your car built, calls YOU and askes if he can do the work to your car.... HOW is that me asking.... They called me up and offered it out.... They called.... one more time... THEY CALLED..... I just said yes... So as the STB goes the color of it and all the nessecary work needed to be done..... THAT WAS ALL TASCA'S IDEA..... NOT MINE.... And when they told me about the stripe... AGAIN IT WAS DONE BEFORE IT HAD BLACK... I'm not complaining or whining..... I'm just sitting back reading all of this and knowing that what happened to my SS.... well let's just say.... Seems very POPULAR NOW!!! How many of you other SS owners out there can say that???? Oh That's right.... None.... And for the person who compared me with the picture of the Grizzly & the Trout..... "IT TAKES MORE POWER TO SWIM UP RIVER THEN IT DOES TO JUST SIT THERE AND FEED YOUR FACE" ..... Seems like you are the type of person who always had everything done for them.... Or should I say given to them.... Life is about taking chances... Like the Trout I just don't sit down.... I took a chance... But unlike the Trout.... I will move on and make things happen.... And form what I have been reading for the past few days..... I've made alot of things happen.... Especially with the events that surround my SS...... I guess I took a chance when TASCA offered up the " STB & ALL"... It amazes me that most everyone on this site believe's what they want too.... I wish I had taken pictures of the car the day I picked it up... I wish I had recorded everyone involved.... I'm not throwing anyone under the so called BUS.... I am just defending MY 2008 GT 500 SUPER SNAKE... BLUE STRIPE & ALL.... Being different isn't a bad thing... It's actually very good... But being the same as everyone else... Sounds kind of boring.....

Mr D, since you asked:

My SS recently underwent an engine upgrade at SAI mod shop in LV. The car was there for an engine issue and I thought it would be worth while upgrading the rotating assembly. It took some negotion with SAI to get this done. In the end these are classified as owner modifications regardless. I would never claim it is a prototype, one-off or what ever. It simply an SS with a more robust engine. So there ya go, other cars do exist with alternations at the Shelby MOD shop, that is why they call it the MOD shop. Regardless of what Tasca has told you, your car is simply an SS with owner requested modificaions of blue stripes, and a Tasca prepared aftermarket strut brace. If Tasca told you it was a prototype, then your were misled. I hope you did not pay extra with that understanding.

Cheers

RM

Mr D, since you asked:

My SS recently underwent an engine upgrade at SAI mod shop in LV. The car was there for an engine issue and I thought it would be worth while upgrading the rotating assembly. It took some negotion with SAI to get this done. In the end these are classified as owner modifications regardless. I would never claim it is a prototype, one-off or what ever. It simply an SS with a more robust engine. So there ya go, other cars do exist with alternations at the Shelby MOD shop, that is why they call it the MOD shop. Regardless of what Tasca has told you, your car is simply an SS with owner requested modificaions of blue stripes, and a Tasca prepared aftermarket strut brace. If Tasca told you it was a prototype, then your were misled. I hope you did not pay extra with that understanding.

Cheers

RM

Like you said.. OWNER MODIFICATIONS..... Mine are NOT....You See my billing reads that all the work TASCA did was indeed during the build process... BY THERE REQUEST... Not mine.... I just accept it... THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE..... So... The SAGA continues.....

Like you said.. OWNER MODIFICATIONS..... Mine are NOT....You See my billing reads that all the work TASCA did was indeed during the build process... BY THERE REQUEST... Not mine.... I just accept it... THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE..... So... The SAGA continues.....

No problem, It's your lie :talkhand:

In "Renkewitz World" anything he thinks must be true....hysterical3.gif

Drew, here's your one off Tasca GT500 :shift:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29586-the-1st-tasca-super-cobra-jet/

Archived