TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake with Blue Stripes

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That my friend is deeeeeeeeeep. Never even thought of this point. That is taking the show car to a new level, I like it.

QSS

Not deep, more like "stupid", but time and time again I see people reading show information/documentation that is presented with a specific car and questioning why the documentaion does not match what they are looking at. The difference between Black stripes vs. White stripes on a Black striped car is very obvious. Then the loooong explainations begin.............Some don't ask questions, they just walk away and think that something isn't right, and aren't even aware of the whole Super Snake conversion process.

Since I was buying this car brand new, specifically for this conversion, I had the option of looking for specific features. I even looked for, and found a Sat. Radio delete car (but I did want the Shaker 1000), I didn't want the "hockey puck" antenna on my beautiful Super Snake trunk lid stripe.

Mine had to specifically be an 08 model, I wanted HID's but no Sat Radio, 2008 was it!! and then Torch Red w/Black Stripes, Crimson Interior and a few other specific options. It cost me to be so specific, but this was my first new car ever, the sad thing is, I started my search 2 weeks after the end of the 2008 model year ordering process. I had to find a specific car that had already been built, that was fun!!

R

this was done after we inspected, approved and tagged the car.This is not shelby approved. It will not be in the registry exept as a customer upgrade. Its a considered a owner upgrade.

Amy

this was done after we inspected, approved and tagged the car.This is not shelby approved. It will not be in the registry exept as a customer upgrade. Its a considered a owner upgrade.

Amy

There ya go. Straight from the top.

Thank you Amy, for clearing that up.....

I guess this would be the posting everyone has been waiting for... especially the people out in Vegas at SAI... There are many ways to try to explain all of what has happened , and I have read all of what was written.. Now being that I am the one who owns the FAMOUS SS with the BLUE STRIPE and STRUT SUPPORT... well here goes. In Novemeber of 07 I purchased my GT 500, knowing that the next step was the SS package. ME being ME did a trimendous amount of research about the car and it's history. When I came upon the picture of the ORIGINAL SS I fell in love with the color combo. After I recieved my letter from SAI VEGAS with the approval of my build dated January 26 2008 I sent a check for $10,000.00 to SAI in VEGAS.... Now If I'm not mistaken that is the home base the so called Mothership.... Where it all atkes place.... But you see people I live on Long island... why would I send my car to SAI VEGAS.... They just have my money... So I decided to go to TASCA in RHODE ISLAND.... 2 reasons.... 1) Closer ferry ride and a little highway.... and number 2..... THAT IS WHERE THE ORIGINAL SS WAS BUILT.... NOT IN VEGAS!!!!!!! So again ME being ME wanted to get a car that was a s close as the ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE.

So while I was waiting for my build date, I had made afew hundred phone calls to SAI VEGASand TASCA.... trying to educate myself about the project and so on.... I had many questions, but my most popular question was about the COLOR of the STRIPE... I has asked why not BLUE, and my answer was always the same.... NO...

So in March of 2008 I was lucky enough to go to the BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION in West Palm Beach Florida.... And who did I meet... Gary Patterson... very nice man we talked about the SS and about my car and why is the STRIPE such a big deal... He mentioned to me that it has to be a consistent strip color for the build due to the amount of cars the were projecting on building... I guess that make sence, being that they where suppose to build a total of 2,500 cars between 07 and 09.. So I walked away from our conversation knowing that's the way it is...

BUT I WASN'T DONE... I Made a few more calls up to TASCA and finally got on the phone Dennis Gomes, again a very nice guy... very very informed about SHELBY and it's history and all. And I asked him if i could get a BLUE STRIPE.... He's statement was..... " I can give you a BLUE STRIPE... but I need to put the Black on on first drive it around the block pull in back in the shop, pull of the BLACK and the install Blue..... Iwas very curious on why all of that extra work for something I didn't want... That is when I was told it needs to be TAGGED as a BLACK STRIP car I thought that was foolish, but was other choice did I have... So as time went by I placed the Order in to TASCA and purchased EVERY OPTION that was AVAILABLE for the SS at the time of the build. So in October of 08 I got the call... We are ready for your car .... Bring it up.... So on October 31 2008 I drove my 08 Shelby GT500 White with Blue Stripes to TASCA ... I was beyond excited. I drop the car of amd spent some time with Dennis and talked.... I guess I asked the same question that everyone else did.... WHEN WILL IT BE DONE... The answer I got afew weeks... I said thanks and drove home. As the weeks went by I had made afew phone calls to see how progress was going... seemed okay. Now here it comes... On NOVEMBER 25 2008 I was in San Diego for my Wifes conference.. We were then heading to VEGAS for THANKSGIVING to visit afew friends. On Novemeber 26 I get a phone call from Dennis Gomes at TASCA... And he had a question for me.... The question was.... " I would like to install a STRUT TOWER BRACE on your car... it's something we've been wanting too do and I want to offer it to you. It is a little involved, but if it works I will only charge you for the parts." At first I didn't know what to say, Then He said " We will your car a PROTO TYPE... And if it works we want to offer out the STRUT SUPPORT to future customers. I said I need to think about it and I will get back to you.... He said " If you don't want this I will offer it to someone else" i said give me a second I'll call you back. I then called a friend of mine who is a SHELBY FANATIC.... explained the situation to him and he said... "JUMP ALL OVER IT"... Called Dennis Back and the rest is history... Now for the good part.... I got the phone call on December 14 that my car will be ready on the 18th.... So It snowed I borrowed my frinds car trailer And my SHELBY FANATIC friend and I drove up too TASCA and picked up my car... NOW here's the fun part... I walked into the shop and my jaw dropped.... MY CAR HAD A BLUE STRIPE..... At this time Dennis was printing out all of my paper work... And I saw this gentlemen who was putting stripes on another SS... I asked him what happened to my car... He said (this person looked just like Alec Baldwin) " I was told you wanted BLUE..." I said but I thought it needed BLACK??? He said " YOUR CAR NEVER HAD BLACK.... I JUST PUT ON BLUE AND WAS IT A BITCH"! I Smiled and thank him and walked away... I went over all of the paper work with Dennis... Thanked Him Made out the final Check to TASCA, AND the rest is SHELBY HISTORY..... You see I wrote a check to SAI in VEGAS.... So I believe my car is a TRUE SHELBY and tha it IS FACTORY... All of these comments about ity was a OWNERS change and so on are FALSE... I have the documnets and all of the billing to prove what has happened here... My CAR IS A TRUE 2008 SHELBY GT500 SUPER SNAKE with FACTORY BLUE STRIPES

I think that it's really odd that this Gentleman who CERTIFIED and TAGGED my car no longer works for SHELBY... Maybe there's a reason.... I hope it's not because of this car.... Oh and another thing.... Amy and Rodger.... I didn't place my car in the SHELBY REGISTRY... I don't know who did it.... but I fing it amusing that it reads what it does... BLUE STRIPE and all..... HEY if you don't want it in the REGISTRY.... TAKE IT OUT... Doesn't bother me..... I know the TRUTH.... I PAID FOR THE TRUTH..... And My Car is A TRUE SHELBY.... So MR SHELBY... CARROLL if you do read these things....Thanks.... I LOVE MY CAR....

.. So I decided to go to TASCA in RHODE ISLAND.... 2 reasons.... 1) Closer ferry ride and a little highway.... and number 2..... THAT IS WHERE THE ORIGINAL SS WAS BUILT.... NOT IN VEGAS!!!!!!! So again ME being ME wanted to get a car that was a s close as the ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE.

Hmmmm..........I was always under the assumption that the one and only 1967 GT500 SS was built in Los Angeles. Do you have some sort of documentation that says it was built at Tasca in Rhode Island? All the things I ever read about this car, I don't remember Tasca's name being included in it. So maybe there's some history I could learn here perhaps? There's no question that Tasca has a lot of history with Ford racing, the Cobra Jet motor and lots of Ford drag racing history, but I don't remember reading anything about

Tasca being involved with this car.

Except you are selling it...AND trying to get a premium for what YOU or "Alec Baldwin" call a prototype.

By the way, all prototypes have different serial numbers than the standard numbers...thats how all of us so called uninformed know its a prototype.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure it went down something close to how you described...but Tasca has no authority to issue prototype serials and SAI does in fact require the SS builds to be uniform....you wanted the blue...I have a red stripe car and wanted my striping in red...SAI wouldnt do it that way, and it cost them a super snake build....but that is for them to decide. I wanted to keep my car true to its official build, so I just added the ss upgrades myself...if it wasnt going to be a "proper" ss build, then why pay 30k to have the upgrades done? Now I have the car I wanted, just not an ss, except in power and suspension, and still have money to buy a whole other car. I dont post this with any anomosity, its just the way SAI wanted it. I just made the best of my particular situation.

As for you, no one here holds it against you that you wanted a throwback copy of the original 2 SS's. But now you want some premium for a Shelby prototype that frankly just isnt a prototype, and with all the clones and misinformed people that want a Shelby, the most important thing for all of us is to protect the Shelby name and products. SAI does everything they do with the EXACT same priority in mind. Protect the legacy.

To you, this car is a one off, and a prototype, but to the registry and the knowledgable Shelby fans...its a SS that has blue stripes and a strut bar. Neither is wrong per se, just different views from different perspectives.

Hmmmm..........I was always under the assumption that the one and only 1967 GT500 SS was built in Los Angeles. Do you have some sort of documentation that says it was built at Tasca in Rhode Island? All the things I ever read about this car, I don't remember Tasca's name being included in it. So maybe there's some history I could learn here perhaps? There's no question that Tasca has a lot of history with Ford racing, the Cobra Jet motor and lots of Ford drag racing history, but I don't remember reading anything about

Tasca being involved with this car.

Here ya go Dave...

http://www.supersnake.org/history/

In the first sentence of paragraph 3...

"The car was returned to Shelby American, in Los Angeles, and Goodell started looking for a buyer."

http://www.supersnake.org/gallery/

I guess this would be the posting everyone has been waiting for... especially the people out in Vegas at SAI... There are many ways to try to explain all of what has happened , and I have read all of what was written.. Now being that I am the one who owns the FAMOUS SS with the BLUE STRIPE and STRUT SUPPORT... well here goes. In Novemeber of 07 I purchased my GT 500, knowing that the next step was the SS package. ME being ME did a trimendous amount of research about the car and it's history. When I came upon the picture of the ORIGINAL SS I fell in love with the color combo. After I recieved my letter from SAI VEGAS with the approval of my build dated January 26 2008 I sent a check for $10,000.00 to SAI in VEGAS.... Now If I'm not mistaken that is the home base the so called Mothership.... Where it all atkes place.... But you see people I live on Long island... why would I send my car to SAI VEGAS.... They just have my money... So I decided to go to TASCA in RHODE ISLAND.... 2 reasons.... 1) Closer ferry ride and a little highway.... and number 2..... THAT IS WHERE THE ORIGINAL SS WAS BUILT.... NOT IN VEGAS!!!!!!! So again ME being ME wanted to get a car that was a s close as the ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE.

So while I was waiting for my build date, I had made afew hundred phone calls to SAI VEGASand TASCA.... trying to educate myself about the project and so on.... I had many questions, but my most popular question was about the COLOR of the STRIPE... I has asked why not BLUE, and my answer was always the same.... NO...

So in March of 2008 I was lucky enough to go to the BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION in West Palm Beach Florida.... And who did I meet... Gary Patterson... very nice man we talked about the SS and about my car and why is the STRIPE such a big deal... He mentioned to me that it has to be a consistent strip color for the build due to the amount of cars the were projecting on building... I guess that make sence, being that they where suppose to build a total of 2,500 cars between 07 and 09.. So I walked away from our conversation knowing that's the way it is...

BUT I WASN'T DONE... I Made a few more calls up to TASCA and finally got on the phone Dennis Gomes, again a very nice guy... very very informed about SHELBY and it's history and all. And I asked him if i could get a BLUE STRIPE.... He's statement was..... " I can give you a BLUE STRIPE... but I need to put the Black on on first drive it around the block pull in back in the shop, pull of the BLACK and the install Blue..... Iwas very curious on why all of that extra work for something I didn't want... That is when I was told it needs to be TAGGED as a BLACK STRIP car I thought that was foolish, but was other choice did I have... So as time went by I placed the Order in to TASCA and purchased EVERY OPTION that was AVAILABLE for the SS at the time of the build. So in October of 08 I got the call... We are ready for your car .... Bring it up.... So on October 31 2008 I drove my 08 Shelby GT500 White with Blue Stripes to TASCA ... I was beyond excited. I drop the car of amd spent some time with Dennis and talked.... I guess I asked the same question that everyone else did.... WHEN WILL IT BE DONE... The answer I got afew weeks... I said thanks and drove home. As the weeks went by I had made afew phone calls to see how progress was going... seemed okay. Now here it comes... On NOVEMBER 25 2008 I was in San Diego for my Wifes conference.. We were then heading to VEGAS for THANKSGIVING to visit afew friends. On Novemeber 26 I get a phone call from Dennis Gomes at TASCA... And he had a question for me.... The question was.... " I would like to install a STRUT TOWER BRACE on your car... it's something we've been wanting too do and I want to offer it to you. It is a little involved, but if it works I will only charge you for the parts." At first I didn't know what to say, Then He said " We will your car a PROTO TYPE... And if it works we want to offer out the STRUT SUPPORT to future customers. I said I need to think about it and I will get back to you.... He said " If you don't want this I will offer it to someone else" i said give me a second I'll call you back. I then called a friend of mine who is a SHELBY FANATIC.... explained the situation to him and he said... "JUMP ALL OVER IT"... Called Dennis Back and the rest is history... Now for the good part.... I got the phone call on December 14 that my car will be ready on the 18th.... So It snowed I borrowed my frinds car trailer And my SHELBY FANATIC friend and I drove up too TASCA and picked up my car... NOW here's the fun part... I walked into the shop and my jaw dropped.... MY CAR HAD A BLUE STRIPE..... At this time Dennis was printing out all of my paper work... And I saw this gentlemen who was putting stripes on another SS... I asked him what happened to my car... He said (this person looked just like Alec Baldwin) " I was told you wanted BLUE..." I said but I thought it needed BLACK??? He said " YOUR CAR NEVER HAD BLACK.... I JUST PUT ON BLUE AND WAS IT A BITCH"! I Smiled and thank him and walked away... I went over all of the paper work with Dennis... Thanked Him Made out the final Check to TASCA, AND the rest is SHELBY HISTORY..... You see I wrote a check to SAI in VEGAS.... So I believe my car is a TRUE SHELBY and tha it IS FACTORY... All of these comments about ity was a OWNERS change and so on are FALSE... I have the documnets and all of the billing to prove what has happened here... My CAR IS A TRUE 2008 SHELBY GT500 SUPER SNAKE with FACTORY BLUE STRIPES

I think that it's really odd that this Gentleman who CERTIFIED and TAGGED my car no longer works for SHELBY... Maybe there's a reason.... I hope it's not because of this car.... Oh and another thing.... Amy and Rodger.... I didn't place my car in the SHELBY REGISTRY... I don't know who did it.... but I fing it amusing that it reads what it does... BLUE STRIPE and all..... HEY if you don't want it in the REGISTRY.... TAKE IT OUT... Doesn't bother me..... I know the TRUTH.... I PAID FOR THE TRUTH..... And My Car is A TRUE SHELBY.... So MR SHELBY... CARROLL if you do read these things....Thanks.... I LOVE MY CAR....

please share the information where Tasca built the first and only 1967 Super Snake :lurk:

wait a minute...I thought there were two. I thought Bill Cosby ended up with one...am I going mental? I could swear I read that somewhere!

there was two (2) 427 Cobra Super Snakes, but only one (1) 1967 GT500SS, hope Charley still owns it :drool:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13666-1967-super-snake/

I'm sure Chris (crispy23c) may have more pictures of 08-SS303 when he badged it :lurk:

mail-1.jpg

mail.jpg

Now those are pictures that are worth a thousand words. Sure looks like 08SS0303 had flat black stripes to me.

Indisputable evidence of the facts.

Thanks for posting "07", kudo's for your effort.

"He said " YOUR CAR NEVER HAD BLACK.... I JUST PUT ON BLUE AND WAS IT A BITCH"! I Smiled and thank him and walked away..."

hmmm, sure looks like black to me. :hysterical:

Show me the CSM # In the door sile and them maybe you have a claim.... And by those pictures,, doesn't look likes TASCA'S shop....It's a shame that all you people have too do is try to down play this car... Suck it up... Jealousy won't get anybody any where...HAVE A MERRY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL....

Show me the CSM # In the door sile and them maybe you have a claim.... And by those pictures,, doesn't look likes TASCA'S shop....It's a shame that all you people have too do is try to down play this car... Suck it up... Jealousy won't get anybody any where...HAVE A MERRY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL....

No "down play" intended. Just interested in the facts and setting the record staight. So far...its been a conflict between S.A. policy and your marketing, testimonial/story. Mark

I usually stay out of these little arguments, but this one bothers me more than the others have.

His whole story sounds kinda fishy to me, and the fact that he gets very defensive when we question him. We are not "down playing" your car, just your misleading story. We are trying to help you avoid a future lawsuit from your future buyer when he does find out the truth. Anyways good luck with your sale, hope it goes well.

I usually stay out of these little arguments, but this one bothers me more than the others have.

His whole story sounds kinda fishy to me, and the fact that he gets very defensive when we question him. We are not "down playing" your car, just your misleading story. We are trying to help you avoid a future lawsuit from your future buyer when he does find out the truth. Anyways good luck with your sale, hope it goes well.

This is NUTS.. Law suit fishy.... You all need to get a life.... unless I hear from CARROLL SHELBY himself defending the fact that this is not a SHELBY GT 500 SUPER SNAKE... you can all go to H E double tooth picks... In this time of WAR and UNCERTAINTY in the WORLD.... i think there are more IMPORTANT things to worry about.. Rather then BLUE F-N STRIPES or STRUT SUPPORTS.. or if it's a called PROTO TYPE or NOT.... I HAVE A CAR THAT WAS BUILT BY TASCA FORD AND AUTHORIZED SHELBY MOD SHOP THAT I PAID ALOT OF MONEY FOR.... I ALSO GAVE SHELBY SAI OF VEGAS $10,000.00 DOLLARS... If they don't have the so called BALLS to realize that.... I guess I was taken by the best of them... EITHER TAKE MY CAR OF THE REGISTRY... OR LET IT BE KNOWN THAT IT IS A TRUE SHELBY!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.... Life is to short....... JUST DRIVE!!!! and if you can do it VERY FAST!!!!.....

So I believe my car is a TRUE SHELBY and tha it IS FACTORY... All of these comments about ity was a OWNERS change and so on are FALSE... I have the documnets and all of the billing to prove what has happened here... My CAR IS A TRUE 2008 SHELBY GT500 SUPER SNAKE with FACTORY BLUE STRIPES

There is a very telling part to your post, "So I believe" What you believe and what the official documentation from Shelby, not Tasca says is how your car will be registered.

I would like to see someone from Tasca post on this site to confirm for all of us and Amy that they knowingly violated their licensing agreement with SAI to accomodate the desires of a customer. Every SuperSnake will be in the Official Shelby Registry with a flat black stripe including yours. The president of Shelby just posted that. What Amy says, is what is going to happen. I appreciate the fact that you have a great story, but the documentation will never jibe out for future owners.

You do have a beautiful car.

it's not their shop it's Tasca's warehouse, all Shelby cars are kept there before and after the work is done. I have all most entire SGT in spare parts stored there.

There is a very telling part to your post, "So I believe" What you believe and what the official documentation from Shelby, not Tasca says is how your car will be registered.

I would like to see someone from Tasca post on this site to confirm for all of us and Amy that they knowingly violated their licensing agreement with SAI to accomodate the desires of a customer. Every SuperSnake will be in the Official Shelby Registry with a flat black stripe including yours. The president of Shelby just posted that. What Amy says, is what is going to happen. I appreciate the fact that you have a great story, but the documentation will never jibe out for future owners.

You do have a beautiful car.

Chris/crispy can confirm the stripes, he was the SAI inspector. He's the one that inspected it, took pictures of it and installed the badges. He used to post pictures of all the cars he inspected/badged.

If I were interested in buying your SS, my first question would be documentation. Did they charge you extra for the blue stripe? Do you have the invoice? That is the kind of thing I would like to see. You have an awesome Shelby. I wish you good luck with it.

The STB and lowered motor mounts are not certified parts for the SS package. How does this qualify as a prototype? Wouldn't they just be after-market add ons? (Even though the work was done at the same time.)

There was a similar incident with a SS and he had documentation. We all know who that was right? (MM)

If I were interested in buying your SS, my first question would be documentation. Did they charge you extra for the blue stripe? Do you have the invoice? That is the kind of thing I would like to see. You have an awesome Shelby. I wish you good luck with it.

The STB and lowered motor mounts are not certified parts for the SS package. How does this qualify as a prototype? Wouldn't they just be after-market add ons? (Even though the work was done at the same time.)

There was a similar incident with a SS and he had documentation. We all know who that was right? (MM)

Give me a call if your interested in purchasing the car. I would love to answer any questions that you may have :~)

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-15-640.jpg

Thank you for your business & Happy Holidays,

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

WeBe could be Buying or Selling YOUR car too!

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

Give me a call if your interested in purchasing the car. I would love to answer any questions that you may have :~)

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-15-640.jpg

Thank you for your business & Happy Holidays,

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

WeBe could be Buying or Selling YOUR car too!

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

Yes I do have all the documentation... And NO it's not "AFTER MARKET" parts... I didn't get them at the local WAL MART... They where designed by TASCA... a SHELBY MOD SHOP.... and installed bt TASCA ...a SHELBY MOD SHOP..... So I guess that means they are a SHELBY PART!!!!!!! RIGHT AMY!!!! I mean give me a break.... You don't need a MASTERS from MIT to figure that out.... Unless Tasca & Quantum are just money makers for the MOTHER SHIP (SAI VEGAS)... And if they don't listen to the master (SAI VEGAS).... I Guess all bets are off..... Correct me if I'm wrong but I had a choice of where to get the BUILD DONE.... I wasn't aware that these other so called SHELBY MOD SHOPS.... Didn't hold the same TITLE as the.. again mentioned MOTHER SHIP..... I wish I had known.... And maybe just maybe, I would have bought a CAMARO.....

Yes I do have all the documentation... And NO it's not "AFTER MARKET" parts... I didn't get them at the local WAL MART... They where designed by TASCA... a SHELBY MOD SHOP.... and installed bt TASCA ...a SHELBY MOD SHOP..... So I guess that means they are a SHELBY PART!!!!!!! RIGHT AMY!!!! I mean give me a break.... You don't need a MASTERS from MIT to figure that out.... Unless Tasca & Quantum are just money makers for the MOTHER SHIP (SAI VEGAS)... And if they don't listen to the master (SAI VEGAS).... I Guess all bets are off..... Correct me if I'm wrong but I had a choice of where to get the BUILD DONE.... I wasn't aware that these other so called SHELBY MOD SHOPS.... Didn't hold the same TITLE as the.. again mentioned MOTHER SHIP..... I wish I had known.... And maybe just maybe, I would have bought a CAMARO.....

I do have a Masters degree from MIT and I say what you have is a modified Shelby Supersnake with Tasca modified parts installed. Pretty straight forward in my mind. Nice Car BTW...

Archived