TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake with Blue Stripes

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...its a prototype? Who's prototype is it?

Good OLD TASCA not following the shelby LIcense requirments.

It might e the only one out thier.

There is no way Amy will let this in the registry unless it was Carroll's car. This had to be an after certified mod if Tasca did it.

this has already been posted on Dec 13. the owner had the SS package done at Tasca, it was inspected and badged by SAI (with the black stripes). then the owner had the blue stripes installed.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51537-ss-on-you-tube-for-sale/

That makes sense. So its the owners "prototype", the wording in the ad is very deceptive.

I like them too!!! Some/many "owner added preferences" do not look so good, but Blue stripes look good on any White Shelby Mustang, IMHO.

R

We are an agent for the owner of this very special Super Snake, it's a 1 of 1 Prototype and this is the way that this Snake was built..

What makes it rare is:

~Blue Stripe

~Strut Tower Brace

~Solid Engine mounts and Lowered engine cradle to accommodate the STB

Here is the registry information that was entered by Shelby....

Year: 2008

Model: GT500 SuperSnake Mustang

Paint Color: White

Stripe Color: Blue

Interior Modifications: Super Snake Package Every Option Available

Exterior Modifications: Blue Stripping Installed By Tasca Ford's Shelby Mod Shop

Performance Modifications: Super Snake Package Every Option Available. Polised Super Charger. Also Custom Strut Support Designed By Tasca Ford Shelby Mod Shop. (Proto Type) Solid Motor Mounts to Allow For Install.

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-75-640.jpg

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-15-640.jpg

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-8-640.jpg

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-82-640.jpg

used-2008-ford-mustang-shelbygt500supersnake-8031-4974142-94-640.jpg

The Snake is on ebay right now with 3 days left, Item number 130353538351

Feel free to look at all the pictures and video on our web site...

Thank you for your business & Happy Holidays,

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

WeBe could be Buying or Selling YOUR car too!

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

this has already been posted on Dec 13. the owner had the SS package done at Tasca, it was inspected and badged by SAI (with the black stripes). then the owner had the blue stripes installed.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51537-ss-on-you-tube-for-sale/

The stripes were done at Tasca not by the owner..

It was built as a Proto Type and the end result is just fantastic :-)

Look at the registry information this is a very special 1 of 1 car.

Exterior Modifications: Blue Stripping Installed By Tasca Ford's Shelby Mod Shop

Performance Modifications: Super Snake Package Every Option Available. Polised Super Charger. Also Custom Strut Support Designed By Tasca Ford Shelby Mod Shop. (Proto Type) Solid Motor Mounts to Allow For Install.

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

Nice looking SS. The Blue striping sure gives it an entire different look. Good luck with the sale. Should make a great car for somebody!!

quote name='WeBeAutos' date='26 December 2009 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1261851182' post='876050']

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

Michael Runnalls

WeBe Autos Ltd.

Long Island, NY

Michael@WeBeAutos.com

www.WeBeAutos.com

(O) 516-729-2003

(F) 631-389-2605

It didn't have blue stripes when SAI badged it as Super Snake, the owner had Tasca put the blue stripes on after it was badged with the correct black stripes. As for the registry information you are talking about. You may have entered it with blue stripes, but since you can't offically see what the SAI registry says, it's just a personal mod the owner had Tasca do. Good luck on the sale.

It didn't have blue stripes when SAI badged it as Super Snake, the owner had Tasca put the blue stripes on after it was badged with the correct black stripes. As for the registry information you are talking about. You may have entered it with blue stripes, but since you can't offically see what the SAI registry says, it's just a personal mod the owner had Tasca do. Good luck on the sale.

But it never had black stripes on it...

///Michael

///Michael

My reply to this allegation/claim can be read here...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51537-ss-on-you-tube-for-sale/page__view__findpost__p__876159

Well...WeBeAutos...how do you like that, need we say more?

Thanks SOGT and Roger for informing and educating!

///Michael

Michael, Drew is not telling you the whole story here, it had black stripes when Tasca finished it. The additional mods, blue stripe, lowered motor was done after it was badged. Maybe you should talk to the Mr. Gomes at Tasca to get the real facts.

Well...WeBeAutos...how do you like that, need we say more?

He's new to the site and has no idea of the process to build a SS. He's just reporting out what he has been told and had no idea that the experts here on Team Shelby would set him straight. This reminds me of the dealers back in 2007 trying to sell the limited edition Shelby GT500's.doh.gif

I do agree that Coldy would love the blue stripes.happy%20feet.gif

This exact issue/discussion is why I asked the question I did in post #48 of the thread linked below....................

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51641-07-super-snake-on-ebay/

Do non-conforming Super Snake items appear on the same invoice as the approved Super Snake conversion itself? If so, there will be many "one off" Super Snakes ($1500 polished valve covers, blue stripes, etc.) in the future and the proof will be in writing, "one invoice of installed items, here is the car to prove it".

R

This exact issue/discussion is why I asked the question I did in post #48 of the thread linked below....................

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51641-07-super-snake-on-ebay/

Do non-conforming Super Snake items appear on the same invoice as the approved Super Snake conversion itself? If so, there will be many "one off" Super Snakes ($1500 polished valve covers, blue stripes, etc.) in the future and the proof will be in writing, "one invoice of installed items, here is the car to prove it".

R

R,

The invoice may be one thing, but it is not the final and accurate verification of the history of the car from Shelby. This will not be listed as a prototype or one off car in the Shelby Registry. It will be listed as a SuperSnake (which has flat black stripes) that has been owner modified to a "Blue stripe" Owner installed options, even at an official mod shop, is not the same as SAI factory installed as part of the SuperSnake package. In my opinion, this would cause the car to acutally be of less value than a complete SuperSnake as described in the package. The only way to get this back to a SuperSnake would be to go to an official Mod Shop and have the Flat Black Stripes placed back on, if they can even be purchaed. Normally, these items are controlled. I actually had to send pictures of my damaged stripes to replace them on my 40th Anniversary, which faces the same issue with a propritary stripe.

It is a personal choice to remove or modify the factory options. But when you do, it will be recognized as such. So, is it a good choice or not would depend on your perspective, but it is not going to match out with the original entry into the Shelby Registry which will list it with a flat black stripe.

BTW,

Stripes on the SS and 40th for some of the long time TS members were a huge issue when these packages came out. Several people opted out of the packages because of the decision to have a fixed color stripe. I have personal correspondence from just about everyone regarding this issue, including Amy, outlining their policy and position. Once the car has been certified as a SS, 40th, etc, you can do anything you want to it. If you change the Shelby registry to match your car, it will no longer be a "complete SS" from the factory as the stripes no longer match that of a SS. If you do not change the registry and someone researches the car through the Shelby Registry (when it finally comes out) it simply won't match. It may or may not be a problem depending on the buyer. Way way down the line, it would seem to me to be a problem for someone. My opinion.

BTW,

Stripes on the SS and 40th for some of the long time TS members were a huge issue when these packages came out. Several people opted out of the packages because of the decision to have a fixed color stripe. I have personal correspondence from just about everyone regarding this issue, including Amy, outlining their policy and position. Once the car has been certified as a SS, 40th, etc, you can do anything you want to it. If you change the Shelby registry to match your car, it will no longer be a "complete SS" from the factory as the stripes no longer match that of a SS. If you do not change the registry and someone researches the car through the Shelby Registry (when it finally comes out) it simply won't match. It may or may not be a problem depending on the buyer. Way way down the line, it would seem to me to be a problem for someone. My opinion.

Thank you for the replies. I remember those discussions, "why only flat black stripes?" I like my f/b stripes, they look Great on a Torch Red body. I know this is strange.........but I went through Great lengths to find a Black striped Torch Red GT500 with the exact options I wanted, for my Super Snake conversion. In addition to my SAI provided information, I wanted my original Ford provided GT500 window sticker to match what people see when they looked at the car, Torch Red w/Black stripes, not Torch Red w/White stripes or stripe delete.<<<That's just me, many would not even think about that ahead of time, but I only do the car show thing (for the most part), and believe it or not, people do read documentation when it is available for viewing, and they also pick up on what "appear" to be discrepancies.

R

I wanted my original Ford provided GT500 window sticker to match what people see when they looked at the car, Torch Red w/Black stripes, not Torch Red w/White stripes or stripe delete.

R

That my friend is deeeeeeeeeep. Never even thought of this point. That is taking the show car to a new level, I like it.

QSS

Archived