TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1 Year With MY GT500

jasonport

Today I wanted to let everyone know I have had my car for 1 year as of Sunday December 20th 2009. I really wanted to say this car was my second choice as for the 2009 I ordered the dealer screwed me and SOLD the car I ordered a 2009 GT500 Red and white stripe car. They wanted a markup after we agreed on sticker when i ordered. Anyways that car was in August of 2008 and I waited like 4 months. Ok well after getting screwed on MY CAR I was like so out of it. One cool morning I logged in to EBAY not really looking just browsing and I found a 2008 GT500 fully loaded for 8 ,000 under sticker!! I WAS like WOW!! in just 4 months time I was like soooo hurt about my I AM LEGEND CAR and not getting it . To finding the most awesomist deal on the almost exact car! Well minus the NAV which i didn't car for but all in all I got lucky. It was a 2008 not a 2009 but I feel lucky I got all the options I really wanted anyways! So a proud owner of a 2008 GT500 To the Best car I have ever owned !!

Jason

Merry Christmas Everyone!

post-1292-12616364791_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12616364791_thumb.jpg

Today I wanted to let everyone know I have had my car for 1 year as of Sunday December 20th 2009. I really wanted to say this car was my second choice as for the 2009 I ordered the dealer screwed me and SOLD the car I ordered a 2009 GT500 Red and white stripe car. They wanted a markup after we agreed on sticker when i ordered. Anyways that car was in August of 2008 and I waited like 4 months. Ok well after getting screwed on MY CAR I was like so out of it. One cool morning I logged in to EBAY not really looking just browsing and I found a 2008 GT500 fully loaded for 8 ,000 under sticker!! I WAS like WOW!! in just 4 months time I was like soooo hurt about my I AM LEGEND CAR and not getting it . To finding the most awesomist deal on the almost exact car! Well minus the NAV which i didn't car for but all in all I got lucky. It was a 2008 not a 2009 but I feel lucky I got all the options I really wanted anyways! So a proud owner of a 2008 GT500 To the Best car I have ever owned !!

Jason

Congatulations Jason!!! You got a good deal. I'll have had mine 4 years next August 8 and it still gives me as much pleasure as ever, everytime I open the garage door.

Edit: It's the best car I have ever owned too.

Jason

Congrats and happy anniversary! I went to get a Shelby GT500 back in 2007. The dealer said he would give it to me at sticker price, since i was a good customer, but when he said there was a waiting list of almost a year, i said forget about it, and i bought a 2008 F350 Lariat dully, and i thought i was done. About a year later, took the truck for an oil change, and there it was sitting on the showrrom floor a brand new 2009 Shelby GT500 exactly the way i wanted it. Color, stripes and all. Gave them a deposit on the spot, and went the next day and picked it up! 2 days and $3500 below sticker not bad!!! January 27th will be a year for me :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats dude and enjoy! I've had mine a year and a half and I'm missing it so bad right now--it's in the body shop because of a minor fender bender (my first in 30 years). I never dreamed I'd get the chance to drive such a terrific car!

Merry Christmas!

Nice Jason,

Like all of the others have posted, the "relationship" with your car gets stronger as time goes on...especially when you start adding some personal touches like mods and apperance items..

I like my 'vert so much, Id like to add a Coupe so I can go open tracking with it....gonna have to work a little harder on the wife on that one :talkhand:

Glad you're still enjoying your GT500!

I've had my 2007 for 2-1/2 years now and enjoy it just as much today as when I took delivery ... actually I enjoy it more now that I've had time to add some appearance/performance mods to it.

+1...Ya, I enjoy mine more now than I did when I bought it, and even though they have been out for four years you still don't see that many on the roads.

1,883 Miles : ) I know its not much but its enough : )

That's about how much mileage I put on my Sheby in a year, so I get it. I've had mine about 18 months, have 6K miles on it. But put about 3K on it via two long drives from GA to MD last year. So, yup, mileage seems normal to me.

I have a company car for all non-R&R driving that keeps the mileage on the Shelby in the "wow, that's all?" range.

Welcome!

Now if I could just figure out how to get two-tone black/red door panels...those are 'spensive from a dealer :headscratch:

That's about how much mileage I put on my Sheby in a year, so I get it. I've had mine about 18 months, have 6K miles on it. But put about 3K on it via two long drives from GA to MD last year. So, yup, mileage seems normal to me.

I have a company car for all non-R&R driving that keeps the mileage on the Shelby in the "wow, that's all?" range.

Welcome!

Now if I could just figure out how to get two-tone black/red door panels...those are 'spensive from a dealer :headscratch:

I know for some reason these door panels are really expensive. I really wanted them as I didn't get them on my GT mustang. I made sure the Cobra had them and came in the color I wanted. I did see some on Ebay awhile back so just check. Also do you need the seat covers? Let me see your interior? post some pics? You made your a red stripe kit! thats cool!

I know for some reason these door panels are really expensive. I really wanted them as I didn't get them on my GT mustang. I made sure the Cobra had them and came in the color I wanted. I did see some on Ebay awhile back so just check. Also do you need the seat covers? Let me see your interior? post some pics? You made your a red stripe kit! thats cool!

Hey Jason,

Thanks! I'll keep a closer eye on ebay.

I'm good with the seats (front and back), badging, even the floor mats. Those :censored: door panels are the one part that has been just sooo expenseive I've held off.

The last pic in my photo albumn shows the seats and interrior pretty well. Even has the before and after pics. The black w/white stripe pic is day 0, the day i grought it home.

The back seats are kind of tough to get a good pic of. If the sun comes out today, that is a good point. I'll see if I can get some shots.

The place that did the interrior was outstanding! The dealer (this was a condition of sale) actually had them ready to change the doors to two-tones too, but after they pulled a door panel off, they came out, showed the back of it to me and explained how how virtually impossible it would be to two-tone the door pannels were two-piece to start, but when they put them together, it all becomes one combined piece of plastic on the back.

I'm VERY interested in how you found those door panels on ebay. PM on it's way in a bit.

Skip

Jason

Congratulations on owning a great looking car. I feel fortunate everyday to own the ones I have.

Congratulations on owning a great looking car. I feel fortunate everyday to own the ones I have.

Thank you freind! We are very lucky to have these awesome cars. I think by 2015 they are gone. Its nice to be around to see history semi-repeat itself!!

Happy New year~ My GT500 brothers and sisters~

Archived