TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found this today

BLOWN

We where headed over to my daughters this after noon and took the wrong turn off, went down a block and turned left and there is a car lot there and right in the front they had this Hertz car there and I took a few pictures, Here they are. R the side stripes stock. Did not have the price any where. I will call them and ask if anyone wants me to.

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22018.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22019.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22020.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22021.jpg

We where headed over to my daughters this after noon and took the wrong turn off, went down a block and turned left and there is a car lot there and right in the front they had this Hertz car there and I took a few pictures, Here they are. R the side stripes stock. Did not have the price any where. I will call them and ask if anyone wants me to.

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22018.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22019.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22020.jpg

MISCPICTURES2009DEC22021.jpg

The VIN number decodes out as a base 2007 V-6.

Yeah, looks like a local Hertz franchise, that didn't get any GTH cars, maybe decided to get in on the action and had some local body work or something done.

Other than this car, I can't find any info on any sort of national Hertz HZ30 program, anyone else ever heard of it?

More info here:

http://www.cars4usa.net/detail.asp?ID=968184&Make=Ford&Model=Mustang

asking $17K they did have it listed at $20K at one time I found using Google's cache.

That looks like a local franchisee trying to get in on the GT-H band wagon back in the day. A local rental place in Oregon was marketing a "Northwest Edition" Shelby that was white with grabber blue stripes. They claimed it was more authentic as a one-off. I hope nobody got suckered into buying it for what they were asking!

I can't picture corporate Hertz letting any of its franchises build/rent/sell any special edition Hertz cars of any type.

Hertz had invested millions into the Shelby Hertz program and it doesn't make sense they would let a franchise do this.

Just my personal opinion.

Steve

There are mom and pop operations out there and as we say in the Navy, it's often easier to beg forgiveness than get permission!

:hysterical:

But since this is a Hertz sales store and I can't find ANYTHING about any such cars other than this one I really don't know what it is and all this is just conjecture. If this was an actual Hertz program I have to think there would be more than this one car and at least something published on them, right?

Archived