TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aloca Wheels

robertlane

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lookin for these old thangs?

Alcoas002.jpg

You know....I look at that picture and am like....'those look friggin AWESOME', then I remember I have four too. :P I'm just waiting for an overtime day so I can get the tires without the flack from my wife. =]

Andretti

They are on my wish list as well.....sure hope you have plenty on order.....appears to be one of the hottest wheels on the Shelby scene....actually I am not putting them on my GT500 but have a 2011 5.0 ordered and they will go on it......but they sure would look good on the 2010 red wtih silver stripe GT500....maybe I need two sets....

Not sure I understand the comments on the offset....what am I missing?

The offset of the rear 20x10 rims is 37mm, which sticks the rear rims just a hair outside the fender of the car....this combined with any lowering modifications limits the size of the rear tire you can run.

Guys - just ordered the Alcoa 20x10's (amongst a bunch of other stuff from the Shelby Store) and waiting on the 20x9's to arrive. I went with 255/35 and 285/30 Continental ExtremeContact DWS (after a long discussion with the Tire Rack folks and seeing some very positive reviews). Hope these work out well with the FRHP. Will post some pics once I get them installed (probably early April).

You guys have been talking about bands for the TPMS. I spoke with my installer here in the Detroit area (Rey's Goodyear in Shelby Township) and he said they would not need them and mount them directly to the wheel or stem?? Not sure what he is talking about. Any ideas? headscratch.gif

Robert, if you catch this post, I also wanted to order the Brake Vent Bezels and GT500 Billet Hood Pins but they are also out of stock. Any ETA on these (added them to my wish list)?

Can't wait get back out on the road here in Michigan... shift.gif

Guys - just ordered the Alcoa 20x10's (amongst a bunch of other stuff from the Shelby Store) and waiting on the 20x9's to arrive. I went with 255/35 and 285/30 Continental ExtremeContact DWS (after a long discussion with the Tire Rack folks and seeing some very positive reviews). Hope these work out well with the FRHP. Will post some pics once I get them installed (probably early April).

You guys have been talking about bands for the TPMS. I spoke with my installer here in the Detroit area (Rey's Goodyear in Shelby Township) and he said they would not need them and mount them directly to the wheel or stem?? Not sure what he is talking about. Any ideas? headscratch.gif

Robert, if you catch this post, I also wanted to order the Brake Vent Bezels and GT500 Billet Hood Pins but they are also out of stock. Any ETA on these (added them to my wish list)?

Hey Eric,

Scotty here , you have the right size for a lowered or non lowered GT500 ;255/35/20 n 285/30/20. Congrats on your new wheels.

Scotty

Hey Eric,

Scotty here , you have the right size for a lowered or non lowered GT500 ;255/35/20 n 285/30/20. Congrats on your new wheels.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty... glad to hear these will work out. Any ideas on the TPMS not needing bands? I found this comment on a web site and sounded like what the installer was talking about:

"Many manufacturers use a valve stem/sensor combination that can be transferred with a special cap available through some aftermarket manufacturers"

Thanks again....

Cameron, I'm still trying to choose a tire. Ride quality and quietness are really important but I don't want a sidewall made of Jello either. Narrowing it down between these three. What are you guys thoughts?

General Exclaim UHP

Hankook evo

Toyo Proxes

I really don't know anything about the General Exclaim UHPs or Hankook evos to answer your question Patrick. I would probably call around to the wheel and tire stores in your area and get there opinion.....and whatever their opinion is, ask them to explain why one and not the other.

Have you looked at the webpage of each of the brands to see how they measure up?

General Exclaim UHP - http://www.generaltire.com/tires/T1/Exclaim-UHP

Hankook evo - http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Product/product.aspx?pageNum=1&subNum=1&ChildNum=2&FnCode=02

Toyo Proxes - http://toyotires.com/tires/sports-car

congrats Eric!

As Scotty mentioned, the 285/30/20's will work just fine.

Regarding the TPMS, 2007-2009 models require TPMS bands, clips & sensors to be installed on the inside of the rim/tire.

example - http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit.html

The newer models require the valve stem kit you mentioned.

example - http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit-2010.html

Cameron, I'm still trying to choose a tire. Ride quality and quietness are really important but I don't want a sidewall made of Jello either. Narrowing it down between these three. What are you guys thoughts?

General Exclaim UHP

Hankook evo

Toyo Proxes

ptaylor, I just mounted the Hankooks on my 20" Alcoas. Great tire...crisp handling, quiet, aggressive tread.

Hankokok tells me this is a fairly new tire. Go to the hankook site to discover more.

I like them, I don't think you'd be dissappointed.

th_AlcoaComplete004.jpg

th_InstallAlcoa009.jpg

th_InstallAlcoa010.jpg

IS

ptaylor, I just mounted the Hankooks on my 20" Alcoas. Great tire...crisp handling, quiet, aggressive tread.

Hankokok tells me this is a fairly new tire. Go to the hankook site to discover more.

I like them, I don't think you'd be dissappointed.

th_AlcoaComplete004.jpg

th_InstallAlcoa009.jpg

th_InstallAlcoa010.jpg

I have to have Drag Radials.. The only 20 i found that will fit is Nitto 555. 245-40-20 front 275-40-20 rear. Has anybody had any rubbing issue with these ?? Thanks for replies

IS

The offset of the rear 20x10 rims is 37mm, which sticks the rear rims just a hair outside the fender of the car....this combined with any lowering modifications limits the size of the rear tire you can run.

Robert - Could you weigh in on if the offset has been corrected? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Definately an incredible looking car but I do have a thing for Vista Blue Mustangs so I might be biased a 'bit'. =]

I'm about to my limits on waiting for my Koni shocks to arrive so I can do the suspension and wheels/tires all at the same time. Word is "any day" on them though, so hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Andretti

• 2 weeks later...

lol, yeah, same thing happened to me.....when I called and spoke to TimH, he said that they received one into inventory it sent out a mass email to everyone telling them in stock when that wasn't completely accurate.....you just have to go and add them again.

They should be in stock in the next week or so.

Have the wheels ordered now. Should be here by end of week, I hope. Got home yesterday and the UPS man delivered my tires. Hankook EVO's 255/35/20 for the front and 285/30/20 for the rear. My car is still showing Dealer ETA of this Friday. Can't wait to get these new wheels on!!

Well everything is finally mounted and car is lowered with springs, shocks and new panhard bar. Got car aligned yesterday and put Alcoa's on as well. I need to wash the car, but rain today has pretty much killed that so here is mine at the moment (allbeit pretty dirty). Thanks much Robert for all the help with the wheels and everyone else's help with tire choices....I really am happy with the way I ended up going....size and brand.

newwheels011.jpg

newwheels003.jpg

newwheels001.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get it washed and get some better pictures. Still, gotta say I'm extremely happy with the results of all the changes over the last week.

Andretti

What size and brand did you get? What was the cost?

Thanks

$730 delivered to where I had them mounted from Tire Rack

Hankook 255/35ZR -20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL for fronts

Hankook 275/35ZR -20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL for rears

andretti

Hankook 255/35ZR -20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL for fronts

Hankook 275/35ZR -20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL for rears

andretti

FYI...Hankook is also doing a $50 mail-in rebate on these tires now to. Tires must be purchased by May 31. I went with the 285/30s for the rear.

FYI...Hankook is also doing a $50 mail-in rebate on these tires now to. Tires must be purchased by May 31. I went with the 285/30s for the rear.

yeah, there is a rebate, but everything I received said it had to be four of the same kind of tire....not 2 and 2. Hopefully I'm wrong, I wouldnt mind a $50 return kiss as well.

andretti

Archived