TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aloca Wheels

robertlane

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Robert and Tim for hooking me up with a set! Robert was good to respond to my email and Tim was very helpfull and good to deal with placing the order over the phone. Looking forward to doing more buisness with them in the near future!!!

Thanks buddy! For what it's worth, you were a pleasure on the phone as well! :salute:

Tim, Sharon and Rob are always top notch! They make the site and the store what they are today....the very best! Thanks VERY much to all of you (and the others behind the scenes as well)!

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! It's good to know that people notice how hard we work!!! :dance:

Got my wheels delivered today....center caps (ordered a day later) I get tomorrow.

Thanks very much Robert and Tim!! These wheels are everything I had hoped for.....just unreal incredible looking!!

wheels002.jpg

wheels003.jpg

Thanks again!!!!!

Andretti

DAMN those are pretty!!! :hysterical: He he...like I don't see them when I pack them up...

Got my wheels delivered today....center caps (ordered a day later) I get tomorrow.

Thanks very much Robert and Tim!! These wheels are everything I had hoped for.....just unreal incredible looking!!

wheels002.jpg

wheels003.jpg

Thanks again!!!!!

Andretti

very happy for you Bryan, can't wait to see them on your car!!

I currently have 20" Shelby Razors on my GT. I am wondering if the center cap holes are the same size as the ones on my new Alcoa's. I havent pulled a wheel off my GT at this point (but will in the next few days as time allows) so I can test the center cap on the Aloca's to be 100% sure either way, but I'd love to know if anyone has tried this yet and knows for sure.

I gotta admit.....I'm absolutely THRILLED at the new Alcoas....the plastic centercaps?? not so much. The Shelby Razor wheels are found constantly 1/2 the price of the Alcoa's (even when they first came out), yet they come included with center caps and are the same material as the wheel itself is....yet the Alcoa's arent. I find this more than a bit surprising and wonder why Shelby went this route.

If I can use the metal Razor ones on the Alcoa wheels, I most definately will, if not, the plastic ones it will be. Again, I'd love to hear if anyone has tried this and if it works or not.

Andretti

Question to everyone about something I just noticed...

After all the research I did, I too went with 255/35/20's up front and 275/35/20's out back, in Toyo Proxe 4's, since I have lowered my car and because that is what comes on the Supersnakes. I was on Shelby's site yesterday and noticed that they are now recommending tire sizes for each of the rims. For the 20x9's they are recommending 265/35/20's and for the 20x10's they are recommending 285/35/20's. Anybody know why?

If I had to guess, I'm assuming it's for the proper load rating upfront, 99W in lieu of 97W, but why the 285/35's out back....and has anyone tried this size on the rear rim yet that has suspension modifications.

Thanks

I pulled the trigger yesterday for the Hankook Ventus v12 evo's in a 285/30 and 255/35 so I coulld keep a 27in even tire height all the way around. My car is lowered 1-1/4 in the rear and i will report on fittment once i get the tires. I did mock up the rear wheel on the car (suspension loaded) with plum bob taped to the inside of the rear fender, Plenty of room for the tire to bulge of the rim. larger than 275 should be fine, at least on my car. In the supersnake section here there are several guys running 295's and none of them are having issues, there cars are lower than mine. The pictures look like the 295's dont even bulge over the sides,only when you get to the 305 size. I will report on my fittment next week when we are back on the ground.

They went very quickly, We are getting in another order this Friday and another order the next friday. So do not worry we will have them, please leave a message if you can not get through the phones have been ringing off the hook since we took over. Someone will get back to you.

Thanks for the info folks, Just placed my order 5 min ago. These are incredible wheels

and should look awesome on the Black GT500 with the Red Stripe

Since they are selling as fast as they come in to Shelby, I had to get me some before

they go away forever.

WOOO HOOO !!

ItalianStallion

Congrats!!!

Now I know what 08 Mustang was saying about pictures not doing these wheels justice! They are awsome in person and very high quality, made in the USA! Each wheel has an etched seriel number on the back side too! I would recommend sticking with the 275 or 285 tire max , my mock up shows 1/4 inch from wheel well to rim lip so i can go with 1/4 inch (each side) tire over hanging the rim lip max. I do have an adjustable panhard bar so I have the rearend squared up perfect with a 1 1/4 rear drop.

I pulled the trigger yesterday for the Hankook Ventus v12 evo's in a 285/30 and 255/35 so I coulld keep a 27in even tire height all the way around. My car is lowered 1-1/4 in the rear and i will report on fittment once i get the tires. I did mock up the rear wheel on the car (suspension loaded) with plum bob taped to the inside of the rear fender, Plenty of room for the tire to bulge of the rim. larger than 275 should be fine, at least on my car. In the supersnake section here there are several guys running 295's and none of them are having issues, there cars are lower than mine. The pictures look like the 295's dont even bulge over the sides,only when you get to the 305 size. I will report on my fittment next week when we are back on the ground.

Congrats again!

There's another guy on here that decided to go with the 285/30's on the rear 20x10's and the fitment was just fine....so, I have no doubts you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the info folks, Just placed my order 5 min ago. These are incredible wheels

and should look awesome on the Black GT500 with the Red Stripe

Since they are selling as fast as they come in to Shelby, I had to get me some before

they go away forever.

WOOO HOOO !!

ItalianStallion

Congrats, you're going to love them and they're going to look awesome on that beast of yours!

I hope the 295 isn't to much on a stock KR suspension. It is lower than a GT500 but not as low as the full Eibach setup

You should be fine. A neighbor of mine has a KR and if I remember correctly, his car doesn't sit too much lower that a stock GT500...if I had to guess, maybe an inch or so. When you go to install them, if the tires are already on the rims, just pay attention to everything before really getting on them (collapsing the rear suspension)....but like I said before, I think you'll be ok.

I know for certain on my car, when I make a turn and go up an incline, my rear wheel tucks in the fender and if I had a 295, it would hit.

Actually they do, they are original equipment on the KR. The problem is, you can't get them unless you buy a KR or talk a KR owner into selling theirs. I am keeping mine but upgrading to the 20's because 1. I think the 20's look so much better, 2. I am going to save and protect the ultra rare 18's.

Actually they do, they are original equipment on the KR. The problem is, you can't get them unless you buy a KR or talk a KR owner into selling theirs. I am keeping mine but upgrading to the 20's because 1. I think the 20's look so much better, 2. I am going to save and protect the ultra rare 18's.

Thanks, but I was mostly referring to 18's being sold to the public....so many people would love to get their hands on a set, but it would shock me for a KR owner to separate the wheels/tires from their car....but in several cases here, it's happened.

Oh. I did not know that.

Thanks for clarifing.

IS

not a problem man....once you see those 20" alcoas, you'll be happy! Trust me!

Archived