TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strip Tear on Trunk Lid

BEEKAY GT500

When I got the car it had a slight tear on one of the stripes located on the trunk. The dealer has ordered a replacement stripe and has a company that will replace it for me. I am thinking about just leaving it as is rather than risk any further damage to the other portion of the stripes or the paint. Has anyone else had this? If you had this would you get it fixed? What is the worst that can happen? Thanks, Brad

post-7787-1167804922_thumb.jpgpost-7787-1167804944_thumb.jpgpost-7787-1167804961_thumb.jpg

post-7787-1167804922_thumb.jpg

post-7787-1167804944_thumb.jpg

post-7787-1167804961_thumb.jpg

When I got the car it had a slight tear on one of the stripes located on the trunk. The dealer has ordered a replacement stripe and has a company that will replace it for me. I am thinking about just leaving it as is rather than risk any further damage to the other portion of the stripes or the paint. Has anyone else had this? If you had this would you get it fixed? What is the worst that can happen? Thanks, Brad

post-7787-1167804922_thumb.jpgpost-7787-1167804944_thumb.jpgpost-7787-1167804961_thumb.jpg

Your call, but I would get it fixed.

Your call, but I would get it fixed.

Yeah I agree. Its only going to bother you more later plus if you ever decide to resale its going to be something the next guy would surely notice.

Definately get it done. Even it's a pretty simple thing to do, and is just a small section. As far as scratching it, they shouldn't as long as they don't peel the backing off too soon. If done by someone competent, you will never know. If you needed paintwork, though, that's a different story.

IMG_4646.JPGIMG_4648.JPGIMG_4649.JPG

My friend got the same color as yours and his have tear on the top and trunk worst than yours and he will get them replace because they catch the eye big time. But mine it is tear but the piece is still there but does not whant to stick just need to be carfule when i wash the car, and will not get it replace for now th dealer know about it .

Replacement under warranty? For goodness sake, have it done. You have no liabilty if the dealer screws anything up because they will be responsible to make it right if they do.

I agree with the others here who said that it will just bug you more and more as time goes on, so I would just have it fixed now and be done with it.

Some thing to look out for.. I had to order the strip kit for the front bumper (hit a tire in the road) and the parts ford sold me were the same shape and size but were not made from the same thickness material as the factory ones. You can reall tell on mine because there is a big gap from the bumper tothe hood.

I would replace as long as it is someone who has experience. An unexperienced person ends up putting alot of fine scratches in the stripe and paint. Some bodyshops will replace them and hide the scratches with a little wax and then months later you start to see all the scratches show up. Talk to the person doing the work if possible, so they know how much you care for your vehicle.

Gotta do it, SCGT500.

unexperienced?

inexperienced.

alot?

a lot

Gotta mess with ya back!

I would replace as long as it is someone who has experience. An unexperienced person ends up putting alot of fine scratches in the stripe and paint. Some bodyshops will replace them and hide the scratches with a little wax and then months later you start to see all the scratches show up. Talk to the person doing the work if possible, so they know how much you care for your vehicle.

Gotta do it, SCGT500.

unexperienced?

inexperienced.

alot?

a lot

Gotta mess with ya back!

Gotta do it, SCGT500.

unexperienced?

inexperienced.

alot?

a lot

Gotta mess with ya back!

Gotta do it, SCGT500.

unexperienced?

inexperienced.

alot?

a lot

Gotta mess with ya back!

Double post error. :finger::redcard:

Got your back SCGT.

Absolutely! I found a tear on my roof & they said it's covered by the warranty

ColdwaterHotrod, did you have any problem with the new stripe being slightly thicker or color matching? thanks, Brad

I told them I would wait until spring because I want to soak up the ownership of it.

I did say to them they needed to be done as a pair to prevent that from happening & they didn't question it cause FORDs paying the bill. So come spring I'm thinking of having them replace all of them since their is two other minor areas of concern with dirt under one on the hood & a small alignment issue with the side of another.

i had the section of the stripe with tear replaced today. the body shop who did this was very good- no problems. fyi. if you plan to have a portion of your stripe replaced, ask your service advisor to order the entire stripe kit. this will make sure you have a matching replacement. so glad i had this done, it looks so much better.

Archived