TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tried to place my order this a.m.

crispy23c

You lucky Canucks! Good beer AND honest dealers who stick to their word... lucky buggers!

:beerchug:

Yes, cheers to our friends up north. Although, I beg to differ on the good beer. The suds brewed in Colorado are pretty hard to beat (and, no, I'm NOT talking about Coors)

Meanwhile, all us folks in the states are left to wallow in our own crapulence.

:beerchug:

Stopped by my dealer today and still no info on when the Canadian banks will open. He did guarantee I will never have to deal with anything like you poor southern boys. He promised I get the car and at MSRP....GUARATEED. I mentioned what you guys in the US are going through and that I won't relax until I have the order and confirmation in my hand and he started laughing...hard... then he told me to lighten up and relax. He said I may not get the car until September but once again, relax, as long as I want one, I'll get it AT MSRP! :rockon:

Nice to deal with a dealer that has a gearhead as the sales manager. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Yes same here. Salesguy called and said not to worry about the Canadian Shelby ordering and not to worry about the 'Higher Than MSRP' horror stories that our American Brothers are facing. He said not to listen to any rumours and that I was still #1 at MSRP.

He stated thet the Canadian Sales Banks weren't to Open for another few weeks.

Much Relief, and..................I no longer feel constipated. I'm going to crack open a nice frosted Molson right now!! :beerchug:

Yes same here. Salesguy called and said not to worry about the Canadian Shelby ordering and not to worry about the 'Higher Than MSRP' horror stories that our American Brothers are facing. He said not to listen to any rumours and that I was still #1 at MSRP.

He stated thet the Canadian Sales Banks weren't to Open for another few weeks.

Much Relief, and..................I no longer feel constipated. I'm going to crack open a nice frosted Molson right now!! :beerchug:

Cheers my buddy!!!

So, we can't order yet eh???

Very disappointing!!!

My guy hasn't told me this yet.......

Tick...tick...tick...

I'll post when I hear some info.

KingCobra.

Crap!!! I guess that means it won't happen for me either Kaylan.

As far as the rest goes, I think that's just the Canadian way. We're pretty honest folk who just tell it like it is, and stick to our word. If we're going to stick it to you, we'll do it from the front, not the back!!!

My guy has always been upfront with me too. I don't worry about it turning out the way it has been promissed (although I did get the deal for MSRP in writing), but with all of the stories from south of the border, I will feel better once it's done!!!

KingCobra.

Hence the reason Civil Suits aren't totally out of control in Canada.

Start pressuring Ford, South of 49ers. :censored:

Cheers my buddy!!!

So, we can't order yet eh???

Very disappointing!!!

My guy hasn't told me this yet.......

Tick...tick...tick...

I'll post when I hear some info.

KingCobra.

James,

I believe that it might have to do with there being No Price Announcement as of yet. Some kind of legality.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave, I nearly spewed my coffee on that one.....

Coffee Paul? Beer... It's my day off! Yes I do feel better now!!

:nonono:

OUCH!!! I knew there was a reason I don't live in Canada. If I ever do get this car, sales tax will be just 4.3%

Must be nice!!

Pays for Healthcare, Employment Insurance, Old Age Pension, Canada Pension Plan, Welfare...so we're told!

It ain't easy maintaining the Largest Country in the World, after Russia, with only a population of 35,000,000!! You should see what I paid in Income Tax last year! :nonono:

Guest markham51

:nonono:

Must be nice!!

Pays for Healthcare, Employment Insurance, Old Age Pension, Canada Pension Plan, Welfare...so we're told!

It ain't easy maintaining the Largest Country in the World, after Russia, with only a population of 35,000,000!! You should see what I paid in Income Tax last year! :nonono:

Nice Ontario plates!

I have SHELBYKR (on 68 GT500KR convert) and I have KING ROAD which I am going to use on th 07GT500.

We should have a big party when the Canadian cars come out. Maybe at Ford Canada headquarters or Legendary Motorcar in Milton. LM has a bunch of old Shelbys there ....fully restored (mine is there now on the final stages of a 10 month resto project). It would make for a great photop and fun cruise/party op.... :idea:

It may sound a little greedy that I ordered 2 cars...

What if everyone had orders in at a couple (or several) dealers. Don't many of you? Doesn't that send a false demand signal to dealers and to Ford? If extra demand is perceived (even though not real), doesn't that make the dealers think demand is greater than it really is and encourage them to slap on big ADM's?

Just a thought. I could be way off track.

Better Yet....How many people placed orders & how many said price was no object? :shrug:

I think he has like 5-6 buyers eager to pay 10K over, plus many more standing in line. Please don't bash him for the ADM, if any dealer showed concern for his customers, it was Five Oh B. He's one of us, unlike the donkeys I was working with.

Archived