TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Fender Emblem Available?

Hello again, I am a brand new owner of a 07 Hertz convertible. Just bought it yesterday in Dallas and drove it all the way to Chicago. It was originally rented in Hawaii before auction.

The problem is that it is missing the Hertz fender emblems. Can someone guide me to where I might be able to get a set of fender emblems. I feel like the car is totally incomplete without them.

Many thanks for your patience for a newbie. Casey

My Hertz badges were badly pitted and I replaced them back in February. You need to go through Shelby Autos. I worked with Doug Sinclair to get mine replaced. They did require me to send the old badges in before they would send new ones. Give him a call and see what he can do. Shelby Autos is the only place to get the badges.

I see you are in Crystal Lake. I grew up there and will be there next week.

My Hertz badges were badly pitted and I replaced them back in February. You need to go through Shelby Autos. I worked with Doug Sinclair to get mine replaced. They did require me to send the old badges in before they would send new ones. Give him a call and see what he can do. Shelby Autos is the only place to get the badges.

I see you are in Crystal Lake. I grew up there and will be there next week.

Talked to Steve M. at Shelby Auto. Very nice people to deal with. He is sending me my "Shelby Package including the dash plaque". Doh - I didnt even know I could get one - very cool.

As for the emblems, these are heavily guarded. I sent him all the information and ammunition I could and he promised to make the case to his GM. They really are tough on letting these go!

If in Crystal Lake, please send me a message so we can hook up. You have been very helpful to a newbie. Casey

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah! After providing much proof, I was able to convince SAI to send me the Hertz fender badges that were missing. Many thanks to SAI for being patient with me - it paid off. I am a happy camper - they are already mounted and looking great. Casey

Great to hear you got them and congratulations on the GT-H!

Casey, congrats on getting all your docs and emblems up to speed. My emblems on my 06 were pealing chrome off a bit. I was lucky and found some on ebay. Some guy in Phoenix was one of the first renters of a Hertz and actually found a set in the glove box. Somebody screwed up there. Who knows if that story was true, but I do believe it to be as they were clearly never on a car. I paid dearly for them, but like Shelby Autos, don't want any of these out there for somebody to try and clone. So I actually have my original set as I put the new ones on after the paint job. They will always be with me as I'm building a special place for them in my garage! The 06 emblems are a bit different from the 07's however. As the 06 coupes arrived at Shelby with the GT emblems, there were holes in the fenders for placement. The Hertz emblems on the coupes had plastic nibs on them to fit the holes in the fenders. The converts were able to be ordered sans emblems, so the Hertz emblems do not have the nibs on them in the back.

Archived