TEAM SHELBY FORUM

singing front brakes

nojoke4true

A funny thing happened to me after leaving my dentist office yesterday morning. First of all I hate going to the dentist ( no I'm not scared of clowns and Santa Claus) so I took the vert to give me some peace of mind. She was sitting for almost a month so I decided to let her get some fresh air. I had a pretty uneventful trip to the dentist office, she was looking and sounding good. After the pretty blonde dential assistant finish watching me dribble in the sink :blush: I was soon back in my car. About a mile down the road (this is funny as balls) I hear what sounds like singing or a bad rap music coming from the right front passenger side speaker. Now I know I haven't touch my radio but I tried to turn it off anyway and at the same time I'm looking around for anyone who might have their radio blasted. Radio's off and nobody is around and what I tought was singing is now squealing :( so I pull into a nearby deli. I find a car free area in the parking lot and start driving slow listening for that noise, it would stop when I hit the brakes and continue when I drove. This was a very high pitched noise that was definitly coming from the front brake rotor. A passerby saw me looking crazy at my car and ask what was wrong. I asked him to listen to the passenger front tire and tell me where it seems that noise is coming from. He said it looks and sound like your rotor is hitting your rims, he then showed me a small scuff on the rotor which looked fresh. So now I was thinking, was my tire loose, these are stock rims, is my rotor loose :headscratch: , what the hell! So pissed I got back in the car and headed for the local ford dealer whom I hate. About 2 miles in the noise stopped, I tried to make it reoccur but to no avail. So I cancelled and took the vert home for inspection. My question is has anyone else had such an occurance with their stock rims and brakes? And now it seems my shifter is vibrating more than usual. With only 3,700 miles in two years I guess it's my fault im just starting to see things you guys are always writing about. I would always say to myself, glad that didn't happen to me. So with that said I guess things are going to start happening more and more as the miles pile up. And I'm going to drive it more (I promise).

Its possible that you got a small rock stuck in the caliper and that is what was causing the squealing...it does happen sometimes. I'd just keep an eye (or ear) on it and take it in should it start it again. Trust me, if the Rotor was hitting the Rim, you'd definately have big problems because something would definately be broken!!!

That's interesting, have you taken the wheels off and inspect the rotor and caliper? Wow, only 3700 in two years :club: ? Going on 17,000 in mine and people still say they've never seen one before, sorry GT500's they do see those more often :jackinbox:

No not yet...waiting for the weekend. 2010 will be my drive the shelby hard and alot year :happy feet:

Its possible that you got a small rock stuck in the caliper and that is what was causing the squealing...it does happen sometimes. I'd just keep an eye (or ear) on it and take it in should it start it again. Trust me, if the Rotor was hitting the Rim, you'd definately have big problems because something would definately be broken!!!

I hope your right about the rock, cause that would make my life much easier. But it make sense since the noise is no longer present. Never the less I will keep a close eye out for any future issue's with the caliper and rim. Thanks for your input and correcting my mix up for saying rotor instead of caliper. :doh:

Archived