TEAM SHELBY FORUM

spring part numbers as promised

hrtatack1

some of you guys looked at my thread before "new picture of my shelby" and asked about the springs

they are h+r springs part #51655 sports springs

there are options:

51655 Sport Springs. Great street ride with a nice addition of lowering and performance

51655-77 Super Sport. Aggressive lowering

51655-88 Race Springs. Aggressive spring rates

the 51655 makes the car sit and ride absolutely perfect for the street

some of you guys looked at my thread before "new picture of my shelby" and asked about the springs

they are h+r springs part #51655 sports springs

there are options:

51655 Sport Springs. Great street ride with a nice addition of lowering and performance

51655-77 Super Sport. Aggressive lowering

51655-88 Race Springs. Aggressive spring rates

the 51655 makes the car sit and ride absolutely perfect for the street

So as I replied, yours should be a 1 inch front drop and .75 inch rear..............nice but really doesn't seem right as stock rear has a fairly big gap and yours looks more than a 3/4 inch drop in the rear, and the front seems lower than a 1 inch drop. Sorry to doubt you but are you sure of this part number vs. the more agreesive one?? Thanks for posting. I will measure my stock height and decide yours or Eibach

:redcard:

I just did some more research. H&R part number 51655 is the same part # for the Mustang GT as our Shelbys, whereby Eibachs is a completely different and 'new' to be released. This is due to our GT500 's motor is heavier and therefore should have a different rate spring, not the same as the GT's 4.6. H&R also have a footnote # 22 . 22 says that the 1" drop varies and depends on options and 'motor', so...........I'm convinced, due to the extra weight, your front end is def'ly lower than the 'claimed' 1 inch.

Sorry, I just want to be certain before I do my drop.

listen

the part number my car is as listed....why would i bs anyone?

people asked and i answered...

people this is the part number for sure....ITS ON THE BOX!!!!!

i listed other part numbers in case anyone wanted to know their options

Never said you are bs'ing anyone, and I thanked you for the numbers. Again, looks great!

Never said you are bs'ing anyone, and I thanked you for the numbers. Again, looks great!

no problem

if you need more specific answers

call h+r direct....ask for steve perret. tell him peter studwell from badassmustangs told you to call.

peter

Archived