TEAM SHELBY FORUM

West Coast Customs Shelby's

David Hawkins

I just checked out there Web Site and it took a while to find the Page on these special Mustangs. It said 5 of 25 Sold ($125,000.00 each). Is that correct or has all 25 been built and they just haven't updated the info? I would have thought that if they still had 20 to build, they would be doing a better Marketing Job since they have the Money to do so.

Has anyone here seen one on the Street or at a local Car Show or even know anyone that owns one? I would have thought that if all 25 were built, I would have seen on on Ebay by now.

Has anyone here seen one on the Street or at a local Car Show or even know anyone that owns one? I would have thought that if all 25 were built, I would have seen on on Ebay by now.

I got to see one up close at SEMA a few years running. It was nice that WCC paid tribute to Mr. Shelby. Unfortunately it didn't WOW me. Maybe it was because it was at SEMA and everything at SEMA is over the top. I may have been on a car show high. Plus, the badge looks hokey to me too.

West Coast Customs (owned by Ryan Friedlinghaus) did not complete all 25 WCC Shelby's. I was told that only six cars were ever built. Car number 3 was sold at B-J Palm Beach in 2008 for $95K, Car number 1 is still owned by Ryan, car number 2 is owned by Carroll (given to him on the episode by Ryan), and the remaining three are owned by three different private owners.

• 1 month later...

It looks pretty good to me. Of course I wouldn't invest a whole lot in such a one. I like to look at all the Mustang conjugations, but it's not likely that I'll go out of my way to be able to walk around this one, let alone put money or a lot of time in analyzing or owning it.

There is a lot of art in a lot of things, and not everyone agrees which is good and which is less so; to see an object like a Mustang, which does not display its essence in static display, just sitting there, may not do it justice. It might be another matter if you could see or sit in it at speed, maybe tip-toe-ing around Willow's Turn Eight along the decreasing radius toward Nine. Or, as SR suggests, in a "drifting" contest.

Archived