TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone raced a Vette or SRT8? or anything else?

mad103

Yeah, I got into it with one of those Honda Accord looking GTO's on a short stretch off a red light. With the TRC on, I could not get my Car to hook up, I still beat him by a Car length before I had to shut it down. If I had more room and hooked up I would have smoked his Ass. Any tips on launching?

Yes. Mash right leg down to the floor, and then lift left leg up quickly. That should do it! :burnout:

post-6920-1168017183_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I got into it with one of those Honda Accord looking GTO's on a short stretch off a red light. With the TRC on, I still could not get my Car to hook up, I beat him by a Car length before I had to shut it down. If I had hooked up I would have smoked his Ass.

Any tips on launching?

Really? Interesting. 300hp vs. 425hp and 500lbs difference. Have you modded your 05'?

I ran a Tuned Daytona (5.7L, 345hp stock) in my 05' with the spray. Pretty even race till I hit the speed limiter. I make 361rwhp/369rwtq thru an auto or about 415-420hp at the flywheel.

Our Shelby's will kill em' all day long. :hyper:

I am very focused on getting the Shelby, so I have not performed any modifications to my 05 GT at all. I researched the SRT-8 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and this is what I found via edmunds (The 2006 Charger has a 5.4-second 0-to-60 time and ran through the quarter-mile in 13.58 seconds at 105.31 mph). My stock Mustang GT does 0-60 in 5.0 seconds and the 1/4 in 13.9 at 99 mph. The stock Mustang GT is quicker off the line and the Charger is cruising faster at the end of the 1/4 mile. The article I read says launching the SRT-8 can be difficult as well. The two cars are very close as far as the 1/4 mile times, so either I was lucky or just faster taking off :) Doesn't matter, he now does not think he can take a stock Mustang GT - and that counts a lot. Shhhh ... don't tell him :)

I am very focused on getting the Shelby, so I have not performed any modifications to my 05 GT at all. I researched the SRT-8 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and this is what I found via edmunds (The 2006 Charger has a 5.4-second 0-to-60 time and ran through the quarter-mile in 13.58 seconds at 105.31 mph). My stock Mustang GT does 0-60 in 5.0 seconds and the 1/4 in 13.9 at 99 mph. The stock Mustang GT is quicker off the line and the Charger is cruising faster at the end of the 1/4 mile. The article I read says launching the SRT-8 can be difficult as well. The two cars are very close as far as the 1/4 mile times, so either I was lucky or just faster taking off :) Doesn't matter, he now does not think he can take a stock Mustang GT - and that counts a lot. Shhhh ... don't tell him :)

Right on! So now the final question lol...WHY DO THEY TALK SO MUCH TRASH THEN? Guess we will have to shut them up on the road or track

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WHAT A MOPAR COUSIN EMAILED ME FROM HIS CHARGER FORUM:

Ford/Shelby supercharged the new GT500 for 3 reasons.

1) They're lazy.

2) They're cheap and didn't want to spend cash building up the engine when they could simply use a supercharger.

3) They don't want to sell a car that can smoke their 6-figure Ford GT.

I would have found it incredibly lame if Dodge took the easy way out and supercharged the SRT8 engine. That's a mod that should be made aftermarket, not straight from the factory.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE BUT FEEL FREE TO ADD ON:

REASONS WHY SRT8 IS LAME AND MUSTANG/GT500 IS BETTER;

1. MUSTANG GT STOCKS IS AS FAST OR FASTERT THAN SRT8

2. JUST LIKE PORSCHE AND OTHER HIGH END AUTOS (NOT DODGES) THEY COME SUPERCHARGED/TURBOCHARGED. (NOT BEING CHEAP)

3. MOPAR FANS LOVE TALKING BECAUSE OF THEIR JEALOUSY AND INSECURITY.

4. MUSTANG GT500 IS ON THE TOP FINALIST ON THE ROBB REPORT CNBC THAT HAS ONLY THE BEST (BUGATTI, BENTLEY, ETC). DONT RECALL A DODGE (IF THEY DID, ITS NOT SRT-8 OR BELOW)

5. MUSTANG STAYED 2 DOORS

6. BIG DADDY FORD GT SMOKES BIG DADDY SRT10 WIPER

7. A FORD 5.0L ENGINE PUTS OUT AS MUCH HP (415-435) THAN A PLAYED WITH 6.1HEMI

8. MUSTANG IS YET TO DISAPPEAR, UNLIKE CHEVY (RECENTLY) AND DODGE.....(UHHHH....FOREVER!)

ENJOY

I like number 5, I don't understand having 4 doors on the Charger.

Yea, I thought I would post it. He posted what I wrote and he thinks his forum will drill me (which it will, but its MOPAR). So I was like, what the hell, lets see if my Blue Ovals can take them on or him. :hyper: And lets see who trash talks more vs who is more knowledgeable and credible as far as what they say!

Yeah, I got into it with one of those Honda Accord looking GTO's on a short stretch off a red light. With the TRC on, I still could not get my Car to hook up, I beat him by a Car length before I had to shut it down. If I had hooked up I would have smoked his Ass.

Any tips on launching?

jaaman,

from the hole....take her to about 3200 rpm, dump the clutch, then floor it. your hook up will greatly improve and your competition will not know what hit them.

I was minding my own business, enjoying the very nice weather on a Saturday afternoon about a month ago. Then I noticed a black SRT8 in my rear view mirror, weaving in and out of traffic; doing everything possible to catch up to me. I turned right at a major intersection about two blocks from my house, with every intention of going home and I'll be darned if he didn't turn too. He switched lanes to pass me. I was still in 1st gear doing about 20 mph, and let him get beside me before I stomped on it. It was no contest. When I grabbed 2nd, I saw him in my side mirror quickly fading; so I just let off.... He didn't.

Guess he wasn't happy. :baby:

Now if I could just launch from the line without raising Goodyear's stock prices...... :banghead:

jaaman,

from the hole....take her to about 3200 rpm, dump the clutch, then floor it. your hook up will greatly improve and your competition will not know what hit them.

When I do that all I get is smoke...... :doh:

I was minding my own business, enjoying the very nice weather on a Saturday afternoon about a month ago. Then I noticed a black SRT8 in my rear view mirror, weaving in and out of traffic; doing everything possible to catch up to me. I turned right at a major intersection about two blocks from my house, with every intention of going home and I'll be darned if he didn't turn too. He switched lanes to pass me. I was still in 1st gear doing about 20 mph, and let him get beside me before I stomped on it. It was no contest. When I grabbed 2nd, I saw him in my side mirror quickly fading; so I just let off.... He didn't.

Guess he wasn't happy. :baby:

Now if I could just launch from the line without raising Goodyear's stock prices...... :banghead:

When I do that all I get is smoke...... :doh:

sprint200,

i hear ya. i said "greatly improve". just too much torque. i get smoke too but i haven't found any better way with the stock tires. it takes a little practice to get the feel off the line. it also helps to have a warm pavement. for us midwesterners with pavement temps around 35-40 degrees it's even more tricky. it sure is fun though.

Yea, I thought I would post it. He posted what I wrote and he thinks his forum will drill me (which it will, but its MOPAR). So I was like, what the hell, lets see if my Blue Ovals can take them on or him. :hyper: And lets see who trash talks more vs who is more knowledgeable and credible as far as what they say!

LOL

I wouldnt even waste my gas again, against one of those Charger SEDANS, never mind my knowledge.

Over & Out. :hysterical2:

LOL

I wouldnt even waste my gas again, against one of those Charger SEDANS, never mind my knowledge.

Over & Out. :hysterical2:

I agree....I think with attaching SEDANS to MOPAR alone defeats their "muscle"/pony car credibility. Even though, I was reading one of my OLD Automobile magazines on the Cuda and how it was what dodge brought out to fight Mustang and Camaro...and the car handled like s :censored: t. Mustang and Camaro were in the Trans Am and dodge couldnt get in it. Their car was just long and loud. DIDNT EVEN go fast. But my cousins try to BRAG that one of the 1970s sold for 2.16 million. Only 1. Oh yeah...and I told him. Shows how TRUE of a MOPAR guy he is and how much he knows!1 :hysterical2:

I agree....I think with attaching SEDANS to MOPAR alone defeats their "muscle"/pony car credibility. Even though, I was reading one of my OLD Automobile magazines on the Cuda and how it was what dodge brought out to fight Mustang and Camaro...and the car handled like s :censored: t. Mustang and Camaro were in the Trans Am and dodge couldnt get in it. Their car was just long and loud. DIDNT EVEN go fast. But my cousins try to BRAG that one of the 1970s sold for 2.16 million. Only 1. Oh yeah...and I told him. Shows how TRUE of a MOPAR guy he is and how much he knows!1 :hysterical2:

Actually Plymouth had the Cuda, Dodge had Challenger. Basically the same car though, but I think the 340 Challenger was their primary T/A car. Not sure if they ever put a Hemi in the Challenger, they did in the Cuda.

The new Charger would be a nice car as a 2 door but as a 4 door, forget it. Chrysler is clueless and loving it. Too much weiner snitzle me thinks.... :hysterical:

KC666

SCGT500 had a Vette fly passed us today in a 45mph zone. The car in front of us was turning as the Vette passed in the other lane. Apparently he thought we had raced him (When? :shrug: ). We were just having a little Sunday afternoon drive and really didn't even notice him until he passed. As he was making a right turn into a shopping center up the road he gave us the thumbs down hand movement. What a jerk! Not sure what the heck he was thinking, but we'll know if we hear from any of the Vette Club members that a darker blue Vette beat a Shelby. :hysterical2: Not even in that poor mans dreams, :fan: but I guess he could bull crap about it for a while until the real story gets around.

SCGT500 had a Vette fly passed us today in a 45mph zone. The car in front of us was turning as the Vette passed in the other lane. Apparently he thought we had raced him (When? :shrug: ). We were just having a little Sunday afternoon drive and really didn't even notice him until he passed. As he was making a right turn into a shopping center up the road he gave us the thumbs down hand movement. What a jerk! Not sure what the heck he was thinking, but we'll know if we hear from any of the Vette Club members that a darker blue Vette beat a Shelby. :hysterical2: Not even in that poor mans dreams, :fan: but I guess he could bull crap about it for a while until the real story gets around.

LOL.... :hysterical2: ...So I guess GM and Dodge do have a chance! I guess racing to them means we are in park or just crusing and they burn rubber next to us and think they won. I have seen this SO many times that its hilarious. I mean, I do have an SRT8 cousin and a Vette guy....so imagine. I will post videos when I get them. Here is the storyline as to how it will work. They will turn on their cars REV and then take off while I am still walking towards my car (keys not even in the ignition) and VOILA...they won the race and will laugh bc they think they are cool.

GET THIS THOUGH...u know how FORD has the Fix Or Repair Daily acryonym? Well I just sold my 2000 mustang that had about 60k miles on it and it ran LIKE NEW. Do you know DODGEs acronym? Dripping Oil Dripping Grease Everday! Why did my cousins BRAND NEW charger SRT8 begin to drip oil lol.. :hysterical2: ? and how about Chevrolet/Gm you ask? Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time. Why did my other cousins BRAND NEW 2006 corvette (purchased in the largest Corvette dealer in N Cal) have a DEAD battery OFF the lot...right when he got home! The car had to be towed back to the dealership. Hmmm....who should be laughing :hysterical2:

haha, hurray for chevy and dodge! speaking of POS ive heard some buzz about ZO6 roofs being just that... POS and actually coming off rather easily on some ppls cars.

Back on topic slightly, anyone had a ricer try and start something... i always chuckle when i see that.

Ricers include srt4 and srt6, right? :hysterical2:

Typical Vette guy............... :censored: Wipe

Ok,

So I am a LITTLE fed up with having to hear the FORD SUCKS rant from my cousins. One MOPAR(4drs) and one CHEVY(Lady Vette, not quite Mr. Z06). OF course, they ALWAYS team up and talk trash. Never one on their own vs me. But now...its gotten to the point that its annoying especially because they prove no logic but rather just TRASH talking bc GT500 uses a SuperCharger. They even argue that I always have to state the facts vs TRASH talk, which usually shuts them up since they know nothing hard core facts about their cars other than the word FAST and BIG ENGINE. So, if there is anybody out there, what can I tell them to FINALLY shut them up? WHAT can make them go home and cry?

Alex

Ok,

So I am a LITTLE fed up with having to hear the FORD SUCKS rant from my cousins. One MOPAR(4drs) and one CHEVY(Lady Vette, not quite Mr. Z06). OF course, they ALWAYS team up and talk trash. Never one on their own vs me. But now...its gotten to the point that its annoying especially because they prove no logic but rather just TRASH talking bc GT500 uses a SuperCharger. They even argue that I always have to state the facts vs TRASH talk, which usually shuts them up since they know nothing hard core facts about their cars other than the word FAST and BIG ENGINE. So, if there is anybody out there, what can I tell them to FINALLY shut them up? WHAT can make them go home and cry?

Alex

Ignore them. They are jealous and ignorant of the facts. The're just baiting you. You know what you have and what it can do. Your opportunity to SMOKE THEIR ASSES will come, just be patient.

"Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave."

Ignore them. They are jealous and ignorant of the facts. The're just baiting you. You know what you have and what it can do. Your opportunity to SMOKE THEIR ASSES will come, just be patient.

"Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave."

the PENGUINS from MADAGASCAR :hysterical2: .

Thanks for the input Son of GT! I KNOW they are Jealous but it get annoying. I work with them...so I see them everyday 9-5. Thats why, I have thrown out my facts and need more. MOPAR man knows nothing. Chevy man...knows some but is rather SQUARE. Funny how BOTH considered getting the GT500 but didnt because I am getting it. Chevy man was about to get a Mercedes Benz until I told him to get a Corvette so we can race. He listened but now rather than appreciate he TALKS s :censored: t. MOPAR man, well...yea 4 doors says it all. End of argument lol

You know its funny, I've never had anyone except the papa johns pizza dude try to mess with me... :hysterical2: ...something about just nailing it hard in first....fishtailing in second and chirping thrid and fourth....makes people look straight ahead when they pull up to you next a stop light....I don't get it....

Ok,

Alex

They are just mad that they are a day late and 100 horsepower short of the prize. :hysterical: Ok theres the z06, but its got a 7 litre plant in it. They are just making power with displacement instead of forced induction.

On a hypothetical note, I wonder if Ford ever considered using the v10 truck engine in a performance app? Supercharged V10 Shelby GT1000KR! WOOT! It would have a 80/20 ratio but what the hell. LOL

KC666

They are just mad that they are a day late and 100 horsepower short of the prize. :hysterical: Ok theres the z06, but its got a 7 litre plant in it. They are just making power with displacement instead of forced induction.

On a hypothetical note, I wonder if Ford ever considered using the v10 truck engine in a performance app? Supercharged V10 Shelby GT1000KR! WOOT! It would have a 80/20 ratio but what the hell. LOL

KC666

Well that is what Dodge is doing with Viper. SRT10 is essentially running with their heavy duty pick up engine modified to race vs tow/haul

Supercharged V10 Shelby GT1000KR! WOOT! It would have a 80/20 ratio but what the hell. LOL

I'm curious why we don't see more front-engine vehicles with transmissions mounted in the rear like the corvette. That certainly would help with the the F/R weight ratio of a GT1000KR. Of course for a mustang you may have to give up the back seat, or trunk to do it...

I'm curious why we don't see more front-engine vehicles with transmissions mounted in the rear like the corvette. That certainly would help with the the F/R weight ratio of a GT1000KR. Of course for a mustang you may have to give up the back seat, or trunk to do it...

Unfortunatly next year it looks like Corvette (SUPERCHARGED) and Viper are coming out with 600 HP cars but they will be about $100K. I could spend a lot less on my car and make 600HP easy

KC666

Actually they have. It's sitting in the two seat roadster Cobra that was featured on "RIDES" about two years ago. It's not supercharged, but it is tuned to 600 H.P., and on the show when they were talking to Carroll about the H.P., he just looked into the camera and said "that 600 horsepower is nice, but if they (Chevy, Dodge?) want to mess with us on that, we'll surprise the hell out of them". Imagine that. That car weighed in at 2,300 LBS. At 600 H.P. the power to weight ratio is awsome. If they bring it up over 600 H.P., Oh Man, stand back! :burnout:

Actually they have. It's sitting in the two seat roadster Cobra that was featured on "RIDES" about two years ago. It's not supercharged, but it is tuned to 600 H.P., and on the show when they were talking to Carroll about the H.P., he just looked into the camera and said "that 600 horsepower is nice, but if they (Chevy, Dodge?) want to mess with us on that, we'll surprise the hell out of them". Imagine that. That car weighed in at 2,300 LBS. At 600 H.P. the power to weight ratio is awsome. If they bring it up over 600 H.P., Oh Man, stand back! :burnout:

I do not remember seeing that episode. Anybody got a link to it? Sounds FUN. This is the same car they had on XXX: State of Union, right?

Archived