TEAM SHELBY FORUM

March 6-7, 2010 HPDE & Griggs Demonstration

SPRSNK

Ryckman Motorsports has teamed up with Griggs Racing and Harris Hill Road to bring you a High Performance Drivers Education weekend and we will be demonstrating up to 5 Griggs Racing equipped cars. The HPDE will take place March 6-7, 2010 at Harris Hill Road. Cost is a lowly 300.00 for the entire weekend. Spectators welcome at no charge. The drivers meeting will begin at 8am both days. There is room for 45 vehicles, so sign up early because we will fill up. Our driving instructors will be certified and experienced racers from such events as the Camaro Mustang Challenge, American Iron, American Iron Extreme and the Open Road Racing associations.

Harris Hill Road was designed to be as fun and educational as possible. There is a little bit of just about everything included in the 11 turn and 1.82miles including increasing radius, decreasing radius, positive camber, negative camber (and one turn that has both within the same turn!). The course is 36-feet wide with over 150 feet of elevation changes and a challenging mix of on and off-camber turns, including the 80-foot rise and drop of Santa Rita (Turn 4, named after the patron saint of the impossible task). H2R is nestled in the hills of northeastern San Marcos, Texas. The course is very easily accessible, sitting approximately three miles east of IH-35, approximately 2 miles west of Texas Highway 21, and a little over 2.5 miles from the San Marcos airport.

Ryckman Motorsports (RMS) was started by owner Rick Ryckman who was fed up with poor customer service and over billing at other performance shops. Thinking he could do better with the right person running with the idea of a customer orientated shop, he hired Jeff Harris to be the General Manager of RMS and Crew Chief for the RMS racing team. Jeff has over 25 years of Mustang experience as an automotive technician, racer, fabricator, shop manager, instructor and all around go to guy. If you need something done, Jeff knows how to get it done.

Registration form will be up in the next couple of days or you can email me at rick@ryckmanmotorsports.com and I can send you the registration form.

Our list of demonstration cars include:

2008 Shelby GT500 GR40RT

2004 Mustang GT GR40SS

1992 Mustang LX GR40SS

2008 Mustang GT (Colin's car. AKA: GR40Freak)

2008 Shelby Terlingua V6 with over 375rwhp

www.grigg ing.com

www.gr40.com

www.harrishillroad.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I was close enough to join you :cry: Sounds like this would be well worth it...

Send you car back with Rick or Sean, well do the appropriate mods to it for you, have it prepped and ready.

Fly into ABIA here in Austin, which is less than 20min from the track, I'll have Lori pick you up and bring you out, do you track days, and have an enjoyable drive back to Cali, stunning everyone with your Terlingua on the way.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on attending....Form & money in this week....Don't need insurance...got tow hooks to drag what's left back to the trailer.

Should be a lot of fun...first time on this track. :happy feet: Will need info on closest hotel.

Sean needs to attend as this will be his chance to make up the missed driving opportunity (by his choosing) offered at the Bash. :shift:

Planning on attending....Form & money in this week....Don't need insurance...got tow hooks to drag what's left back to the trailer.

Should be a lot of fun...first time on this track. :happy feet: Will need info on closest hotel.

Great Deal!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+san+marcos+texas&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=San+Marcos,+TX&gl=us&ei=5GpWS6-ZAqimtgfW4MS6BA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA

Don't know if that link will work, but I'd suggest the Hampton Inn & Suites. It's 5 minutes from the track and there is a lot of food & beer near by.

106 IH 35 North, San Marcos, TX‎ - (512) 754-7707‎

If not, the Holiday Inn Express is right down the road as well.

08 IH-35 North, San Marcos, Texas‎ - (512) 754-6621‎

• 3 weeks later...

Rick, ok if I post this on the San Antonio thread?

Thinking about doing the Tecas get together around this....

Yep..go for it!

Archived