TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American to sell fleet and executve cars! !

Guest staff2

JeffH thanks for posting the pics.

I don't know about the rest of you but I believe the sale of these factory cars will be one of those things we'll look back at and go "why the heck didn't I buy one of those cars........"

And if that doesn't make you think twice about these cars keep in mind that Carroll/SAI is approached all the time by people wanting to buy one of Carroll's/SAI's cars and guess what the answer is almost 100% of the time?

Just my .02

Steve

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind, doesn't deserve a response.

Jeff,

I didn't know that you said you ought to buy my car since I got is at such a reasonable price--Warren just told me. I'm sorry I did not respond, I did not see your post.... Hey make me an offer! :happy feet: Are you guys going to the Bash?

Stuart

Jeff,

I didn't know that you said you ought to buy my car since I got is at such a reasonable price--Warren just told me. I'm sorry I did not respond, I did not see your post.... Hey make me an offer! :happy feet: Are you guys going to the Bash?

Stuart

That was mstacy who said is interested in your car in the post above. I would be very interested, but my job is in question right now, so I can't do anything until I know more next month. The "Roar before the 24" test days are in Daytona the same weekend as the bash, so I'll be in Daytona that weekend. I was bummed that they are the same weekend. If something changes, I may still be interested in your convert.

JeffH thanks for posting the pics.

I don't know about the rest of you but I believe the sale of these factory cars will be one of those things we'll look back at and go "why the heck didn't I buy one of those cars........"

And if that doesn't make you think twice about these cars keep in mind that Carroll/SAI is approached all the time by people wanting to buy one of Carroll's/SAI's cars and guess what the answer is almost 100% of the time?

Just my .02

Steve

"I don't know about the rest of you but I believe the sale of these factory cars will be one of those things we'll look back at and go "why the heck didn't I buy one of those cars........""....I was asking myself that question the next day after I saw this post and it's too early for me to ask for a raise...this is driving me crazy.

I wonder if there's more in their stable they'll be putting out?

Ken

make me an offer... :hysterical3:

I am a little scared tp make an offer...Wendi night kill me! You have to remember that I don't have O'Brien's Double Cheeseburger money! Didn'y you tell us that you picked it up for around $20k? If so - PM me a real number that you want and I will talk it over with Wendi. How did the move go?

Mike

I am a little scared tp make an offer...Wendi night kill me! You have to remember that I don't have O'Brien's Double Cheeseburger money! Didn'y you tell us that you picked it up for around $20k? If so - PM me a real number that you want and I will talk it over with Wendi. How did the move go?

Mike

I wish it was only $20K!hysterical.gifhysterical.gif The new job is going great! We have to sell our house before we can move to Columbus. Bea says to say hi.

Stuart

I wish it was only $20K!hysterical.gifhysterical.gif The new job is going great! We have to sell our house before we can move to Columbus. Bea says to say hi.

Stuart

It would be better if it was around 20 - but it was worth a shot! Are you going to be at the Bash? I'm trying to convince her we need a Hertz car - but it isn't going as well as I hoped!

Tell Bea we say hello too - Have a great Christmas!

Mike

It would be better if it was around 20 - but it was worth a shot! Are you going to be at the Bash? I'm trying to convince her we need a Hertz car - but it isn't going as well as I hoped!

Tell Bea we say hello too - Have a great Christmas!

Mike

Mike,

Actually, it was $24,500. Still a very good price--But $20K would have been better! Yes, we'll be at the Bash--are you guys going? Let us know. If not, have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!

Stuart & Bea

Here's a picture of this actual car with Cleo driving and Carol in the passenger seat. I took this picture at our stop on the run from Terlingua to Alpine for the Friday night show/dinner.

Just want to reiterate how valuable those photos that JeffJ posted are to these factory cars.

While doing archival work for Carroll I came across accounting paperwork from the 60's where Carroll and other SAI executives rented Shelby Mustangs while travelling on business. Unfortunately none of these rental bills or reimbursement forms showed the vin numbers of the car but just think how much more valuable someones 1960's Shelby Mustang would be if they had proof that Carroll rented/drove the car.

And yes at first I thought it strange that Carroll would have to pay to rent a Shelby but hey that's what Hertz is in business for.

So the point I'm trying to make on some of these current cars is not only will you have factory documentation that Carroll & Cleo used a particular car but you have photographic proof provided by JeffJ.

Just something to ponder about.

Steve

Isn't that the prototype that was offered on eBay a couple of months ago?

My garage is full. Sure do like the supercharged GT-H though.

Isn't there another one with a Paxton?

Yes, mine. Actually I heard they did one with a Paxton but don't know what number it is or if they still own it..

Just want to reiterate how valuable those photos that JeffJ posted are to these factory cars.

While doing archival work for Carroll I came across accounting paperwork from the 60's where Carroll and other SAI executives rented Shelby Mustangs while travelling on business. Unfortunately none of these rental bills or reimbursement forms showed the vin numbers of the car but just think how much more valuable someones 1960's Shelby Mustang would be if they had proof that Carroll rented/drove the car.

And yes at first I thought it strange that Carroll would have to pay to rent a Shelby but hey that's what Hertz is in business for.

So the point I'm trying to make on some of these current cars is not only will you have factory documentation that Carroll & Cleo used a particular car but you have photographic proof provided by JeffJ.

Just something to ponder about.

Steve

Steve you are on point. Jeff, those pictures will be very important to the person that buys that GTH. Very cool indeed. I have been told the Mr. Shelby drove # 50. But you know, pictures are worth a thousand words and I have non. So maybe yes and maybe no. I agree, this is the same car they are selling. Very very cool indeed.

Mike,

Actually, it was $24,500. Still a very good price--But $20K would have been better! Yes, we'll be at the Bash--are you guys going? Let us know. If not, have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!

Stuart & Bea

Still not a brad price! Wendi did reluctantly give me the OK for one of the 06 GTH cars from SAI - but I don't know if I really want it yet. I asked Roger to verify if it had only been titled by SAI - or if it went thru Hertz first. He told me it would probably be next week before he could verify. We'll see - if it has just gone to SAI then I might go ahead and buy the SC one.

Yes we will be at the Bash - we are picking up our new Terlingua! So I will also be there in a 6 - unless I buy that GTH and then I'll have both there!

See you there!

Mike

Still not a brad price! Wendi did reluctantly give me the OK for one of the 06 GTH cars from SAI - but I don't know if I really want it yet. I asked Roger to verify if it had only been titled by SAI - or if it went thru Hertz first. He told me it would probably be next week before he could verify. We'll see - if it has just gone to SAI then I might go ahead and buy the SC one.

Yes we will be at the Bash - we are picking up our new Terlingua! So I will also be there in a 6 - unless I buy that GTH and then I'll have both there!

See you there!

Mike

Mike, the more cars you buy - the less I like you. :hysterical:

See you at the bash!

You know you've been thinking about one of these Hertz cars so what are you waiting for?

Just between you and me, I caught Bud eyeing these cars the other day. Perhaps he was just checking himself out in the paints reflection but I'm thinking he may have been eyeing one to park next to his 2008 Shelby.

But seriously as fast as these cars came up for sale is just as fast as they could disappear. Contact Roger and talk to him about these unique factory cars.

Steve

You know you've been thinking about one of these Hertz cars so what are you waiting for?

Just between you and me, I caught Bud eyeing these cars the other day. Perhaps he was just checking himself out in the paints reflection but I'm thinking he may have been eyeing one to park next to his 2008 Shelby.

But seriously as fast as these cars came up for sale is just as fast as they could disappear. Contact Roger and talk to him about these unique factory cars.

Steve

Yep, I've been thinking about them...how about a layaway plan for TS members! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very used cars : ) I agree about the history but they are obviously used and I did not get straight anwsers from anyone about anything during the bash.

Mike

Mike, Just curious, did you get to see any of the 4 GTH sale cars at the Shelby bash. Interested in information on condition of any/all of the GTH cars. thanks in advance. thanks, Larry

Mike, Just curious, did you get to see any of the 4 GTH sale cars at the Shelby bash. Interested in information on condition of any/all of the GTH cars. thanks in advance. thanks, Larry

I looked at one;had been pulled after Hertz service and then used at SAI

It was in worse shape ,twice as many miles and More expensive than than my 07 GT-H I bought from Hertz in Honolulu,we are still shopping and have leads on several in the low 20s with similar miles and no need for repairs.

They are for all purposes 5 year old cars and weren't treated well.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping

Doc Scott

It was in worse shape ,twice as many miles and More expensive than than my 07 GT-H I bought from Hertz in Honolulu,we are still shopping and have leads on several in the low 20s with similar miles and no need for repairs.

Doc Scott

Cmon....not treated well????? JUST because Shelby is a car mod shop and JUST because there is a race track 2 blocks away which they have easy access too and JUST because you could regularly hear "Yo Bud......what kinda lap times did you turn on the GT-H paxton?" followed by "bad day man, lost her in turn three but thank God, I just slid into the infield and didn't kiss the wall". Why do you SPECULATE they weren't treated well. :lol:

QSS

Doc Scott

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the GTH with VIN last six, 260771, and noticed it had Hertz car number stickers on the windshield and driver's side quarter window suggesting Hertz rental service. There could have been some arrangement where the car was titled to Shelby Auto' but managed by Hertz at the LasVegas airport. Also be careful when buying 2007 GTH convertibles, they were kept much longer in the Hertz fleet and were "re-detailed" several times to keep them fresh looking and were in fact very "used" when compared to the 2006 coupes. Hertz was purchased from Ford by an Investment company in late 2006, and they had very different ideas about the quality of the fleet so repairs, maintenance etc was not as high a priority. Several long time senior Hertz managers were forced out by the Investment company, including Hertz VP of Fleet, who was responsible for the Hertz-Shelby arrangement.

Just arrrived back in Florida with GTH 0457, (last six of v.i.n, 260771). The car was in better condition then I had anticipated, with only the hood and front bumper facia requiring a re-paint. A complete set of new gold stripes were included and will be added very soon. This car was used at the Terlingua event last year by Cleo and Carroll Shelby so am looking for anyone that may have taken pictures of the car. You can tell it's GTH 0457 if: 1) has the GT-500 wheels / tires, 2) fog light / brake duct kit installed, 3) missing the rear bumper facia gold stripe , 4) has Nevada license plate 519 VEY. So if you have any pictures of the car at Terlingua or any other Shelby event please let me know as I'm anxious to document the interesting history of the car. Thanks Jeff G for the photos posted

Archived