TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ol' Steve Needs A New Computer Monitor

It's time for a new and larger computer monitor. I'm not looking for a cheap $200 monitor but on the other hand I'm notlooking for an $800 monitor either.

About the only requirement is it needs to have speakers buit in, speaker quality is not that big of an issue.

I've had good luck in the past with ViewSonic monitors. Prefer to stay with name brands.

Size?? Yeah, yeah I know everybody is saying well what size are you looking for. Well I'm not sure. I'm using a small 17" ViewSonic right now but the ol' eyes are complaining that they need something bigger with sharper graphics.

So any thoughts on what monitor I should go look at?

Steve

Well CostCo is out.

Lots of good reviews on the LG monitors but I don't see any with built in speakers. Looks like I'm really limiting myself wanting built in speakers but my desk has enough clutter already.

Who has a good quality monitor with built in speakers?

Steve

You are limiting yourself. Consider a monitor with a sound bar attached. Ping me at Stephen_Jewell@Dell.com.

FYI: LCD glass is made by two companies the last I heard. It's been over 3.5 years since I sold peripherals, but I recall the companies to be LG and Samsung.

Pretty good deal. TigerDirect is about the only place I shop for any electronic device. Check 'em out.

Viewsonic VA2323wm 23" Widescreen LCD HD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080

List Price: $199.99

Instant Savings: - $20.00

Price: $179.99

Less Rebate: - $40.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Price: $139.99*

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5379051&Sku=V18-2304

Pretty good deal. TigerDirect is about the only place I shop for any electronic device. Check 'em out.

Viewsonic VA2323wm 23" Widescreen LCD HD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080

List Price: $199.99

Instant Savings: - $20.00

Price: $179.99

Less Rebate: - $40.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Price: $139.99*

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5379051&Sku=V18-2304

So far this one is looking good.

Overstock.com seems to be mainly refurbished :(

Didn't see anything at Frys Electronics.

I'll try NewEgg again.

Snake Dr. If I don't get anywhere I'll be sure to email you.

Steve

Steve,

I have a Viewsonic VX2260WM (model VS12264). I use it in calibrated mode for all the photos I put up to Photobucket (and alot of them subsequently here). Plus it is a HDMI 1080p monitor so watching video on it is awesome. I bought it maybe two years ago but I'm sure there is something similar to it now. You won't be disappointed.

P.S. Hope to see you in Scottsdale !

Steve,

I have a Viewsonic VX2260WM (model VS12264). I use it in calibrated mode for all the photos I put up to Photobucket (and alot of them subsequently here). Plus it is a HDMI 1080p monitor so watching video on it is awesome. I bought it maybe two years ago but I'm sure there is something similar to it now. You won't be disappointed.

P.S. Hope to see you in Scottsdale !

I'll do a little more looking today but I don't think I can beat the ViewSonic that yfi guy posted about for $140

Steve

PS- Probably no Scottsdale this time. Lots going on in Vegas right now and that takes priority, which it should. Take plenty of pics for all of us.

I'll do a little more looking today but I don't think I can beat the ViewSonic that yfi guy posted about for $140

Steve

PS- Probably no Scottsdale this time. Lots going on in Vegas right now and that takes priority, which it should. Take plenty of pics for all of us.

i was gonna say the same thing i also have the viewsonic w/speakers biult in

19" although you may be looking for bigger :shrug:

Archived