TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help... Shelby Parts

SHELBYGT698

698 has been down since early November due to a collision with a deer. My body shop is still waiting for parts. Grille/Billet grille/lower grille/hood pins/front stripes and fender emblems. Is there any reason why it is taking such a long time? Can I call somebody/anybody. I've been without 698 for a month and a half now. I can't stand the fact that I'm making monthly payments to have it sitting at a body shop. Can anybody help me?

698 has been down since early November due to a collision with a deer. My body shop is still waiting for parts. Grille/Billet grille/lower grille/hood pins/front stripes and fender emblems. Is there any reason why it is taking such a long time? Can I call somebody/anybody. I've been without 698 for a month and a half now. I can't stand the fact that I'm making monthly payments to have it sitting at a body shop. Can anybody help me?

where is your body shop trying to get the parts from...SPP? a Ford dealer? I would find out and give them a call to see what the deal is...

where is your body shop trying to get the parts from...SPP? a Ford dealer? I would find out and give them a call to see what the deal is...

Body shop going through Ford and Ford going through Shelby (Vegas). I do notice "out of stock" on a lot of parts @ the Shelby store. This can't be good. We can't even get the simpliest part to finish up our Shelby. And here we are talking about GM and owning one and not being able to get parts in the future. (on a different forum)

Why have all these Shelby if we can't even replace simple parts? This is frustrating. Making payments for a car that is sitting in the shop waiting for parts.

Other than calling SPP directly to see what the issues are and when they expect delivery I don't know what else you can do.

maybe the seller of this car has other parts?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51640-vista-blue-hood-scoop/

maybe I can help. I have the billet grille stored away in my garage as I replaced w/ the CS8 grille. Also, I have an extra set of hood pins/cables that I haven't installed yet but don't have to right now. I can't help on the stripes for emblems but this should get you drivable. I will pm you w/ my cell phone as I am traveling out of town this week. I will back home tomorrow night around midnite and can ship to you or the shop Friday. Just hit me on the cell if you this will help and I can get my parts back later when you finally get yours in. Craig

maybe I can help. I have the billet grille stored away in my garage as I replaced w/ the CS8 grille. Also, I have an extra set of hood pins/cables that I haven't installed yet but don't have to right now. I can't help on the stripes for emblems but this should get you drivable. I will pm you w/ my cell phone as I am traveling out of town this week. I will back home tomorrow night around midnite and can ship to you or the shop Friday. Just hit me on the cell if you this will help and I can get my parts back later when you finally get yours in. Craig

:salute:

I'm with Jeff salute.gif This is what I like about this forum everyone for the most part looking out for each other. I recently shipped an airbag cover to a member before receiving the agreed payment, never thought twice about it and had a member ship me some hood pins when I was going through the stripe hassle outside of warranty.

I would go with aftermarket better quality stripes to get the project done sooner. There are a lot of good people on this forum looking out for each other.

Glenn

Body shop going through Ford and Ford going through Shelby (Vegas). I do notice "out of stock" on a lot of parts @ the Shelby store. This can't be good. We can't even get the simpliest part to finish up our Shelby. And here we are talking about GM and owning one and not being able to get parts in the future. (on a different forum)

Why have all these Shelby if we can't even replace simple parts? This is frustrating. Making payments for a car that is sitting in the shop waiting for parts.

just sent pm w/ home number. I am off starting tomorrow, oops it's already tomorrow...or is it today...sheeez...anyway hit me up and if the other doesn't work out I just need to get them shipped either Friday afternoon or first thing Monday since I am going on vacation.....Even if you can't verify, call me and I will ship...that way you will at least have them as an option and won't have to wait on me....Craig

btw, If the shop shuts down like most do for Christmas, etc. I do have to be in Charlotte Jan 4th thru the 6th or 7th for mgrs meetings....

A wonderful offer of help! Craig, you are the man....698, Team Shelby is full of people who are willing to help others...Good luck and I hope your car is back on the road soon... :salute:

Leann

A wonderful offer of help! Craig, you are the man....698, Team Shelby is full of people who are willing to help others...Good luck and I hope your car is back on the road soon... :salute:

Leann

Thanks again for the offer Craig. Yes, there are great people on this website. I am very frustrated at the moment but with the holidays coming up, I will put this aside and wait for the new year to hassle with this. If I can only get someone from SAI to give me something, anything, or even a call back I would not be so frustrated.

Thanks for all the support fellas.

If it turns out to be that you have a hard time getting the stripes I also have an entire stripe kit for the car including the Shelby GT stripe on the side.

I am sure SAI will get you the parts soon it just sometimes takes them a little bit of time since they are so busy.

Thanks again for the offer Craig. Yes, there are great people on this website. I am very frustrated at the moment but with the holidays coming up, I will put this aside and wait for the new year to hassle with this. If I can only get someone from SAI to give me something, anything, or even a call back I would not be so frustrated.

Thanks for all the support fellas.

Got your pm. Just let me know if you change your mind and will work it out. Try not to be too frustrated and by all means don't take it personal. Most shops and parts suppliers are closing this time of year for final inventories, etc plus I suspect inventory was real low anyway just due to the economy. Besides, when you get frustrated, just think how "Bambi" feels!!! Sorry, just had to do it. Even the folks as Shelby have Yearend responsibilites and want to take some well deserved time with their families too. Again, it's a open offer so at least you know you have an out! Take care and enjoy your holiday. Craig

Leann

thanks, Leann...but just offering to help like so many others on TS have done for me and others. It's really a great group of folks on here and that will always be the best part of TS....plus a few discounts every now and then.... :drool:

My ex-girlfriend's name was Bambi. That was her real name. We then broke up and she was soo upset, her dad bought here a brand new C5 vette. (back in 99 i think)

Thanks again Craig.

I believe I would of made up to her, dated her for another year while I drove her C5, break up again just to see what "dad" would buy her next...then repeat every other year....had you played your cards right you could of had your own museum! :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

It sucks waiting doesnt it? I also smacked a deer, took out the hood, bumper, grill, fender and other associated parts. It took about 9 weeks to get my car back. The whole wait was on the stripes which were wrong the first time. The only good thing was I got the updated hood scoop, billet hood pins, added the lower billet grill, tinted the windows, added a GT500 spoiler, and had them paint the rear axle flat black. The car looks better than ever. Be patient, it takes time to get parts from Shelby, not sure why so long, but?. Take the waiting time to add parts while its in the shop. good luck

Just a bit if info, I filed a warranty claim for my rear bumper strips early August, they didn't arrive at my dealership untill mid November, I kept calling FPG and even resorted to emailing everyone at SAI. Anyone that took the time to reply kept saying the stripes were on backorder, I just can't understand how vinyl striping material can take so long to manufacture?

Craig, you're a good man to offer up your parts to help out. Happy New Year buddy........:beerchug:

Archived