TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Center Gauge Cluster

Did you have parts missing to? I was missing the fuel gauge adapter for the fuel rail and all of the bolts and washers. After reading the web sit, I knew I wasn"t getting the oil maniford adapter. Tom

Me Four!

I went ahead and got the supercharged version - obviously because of future plans - but I want to go ahead and install the pod and get all of the wiring, etc. completed now so that it at least LOOKS functional!

And yes, looking at the posted instructions above, it would appear that there are parts missing, unless they've changed the installation requirements.

Sam

Me Four!

I went ahead and got the supercharged version - obviously because of future plans - but I want to go ahead and install the pod and get all of the wiring, etc. completed now so that it at least LOOKS functional!

And yes, looking at the posted instructions above, it would appear that there are parts missing, unless they've changed the installation requirements.

Sam

Kameron Hymer at the Shelby Store did email me and the fuel blocks are comming in next week, that is when he'll be sending out the missing fuel blocks. Tom PS Here is Kameron Hymer email"kameronh@shelbyautos.com" if you need a fuel block.

Kameron Hymer at the Shelby Store did email me and the fuel blocks are comming in next week, that is when he'll be sending out the missing fuel blocks. Tom PS Here is Kameron Hymer email"kameronh@shelbyautos.com" if you need a fuel block.

Here is an email from Keith s. Criswell "Shelby Performance Parts, LLC.

Hi Tom,

We’ve always sold our fuel blocks as a kit with our guage pod assemblies since the pods and fuel blocks are used in all applications. They are not a part nor have they ever been included in our oil manifold assemblies. However, I have received not less than a dozen calls about these from people who’ve purchased kits from Team Shelby missing components and instructions. Therefore, I’ve made special arrangements to remove some of these from my kits in preproduction so I can sell them separately. These will be the same “Shelby” branded ones we currently sell and will come with the brass plug, oring, allen-head bolts and washers. As a favor to me please inform the members on team Shelby that they can order this from me under part number MFF0004 for $29.99. Also, I can provide instructions upon request via email. Anyone interested is welcome to call me directly or email me (may be faster) for help. As for you, just give me a call Tom and I’ll take care of you. Thanks so much!

Here is an email from Keith s. Criswell "Shelby Performance Parts, LLC.

Hi Tom,

We’ve always sold our fuel blocks as a kit with our guage pod assemblies since the pods and fuel blocks are used in all applications. They are not a part nor have they ever been included in our oil manifold assemblies. However, I have received not less than a dozen calls about these from people who’ve purchased kits from Team Shelby missing components and instructions. Therefore, I’ve made special arrangements to remove some of these from my kits in preproduction so I can sell them separately. These will be the same “Shelby” branded ones we currently sell and will come with the brass plug, oring, allen-head bolts and washers. As a favor to me please inform the members on team Shelby that they can order this from me under part number MFF0004 for $29.99. Also, I can provide instructions upon request via email. Anyone interested is welcome to call me directly or email me (may be faster) for help. As for you, just give me a call Tom and I’ll take care of you. Thanks so much!

Hmmm. Now is he saying that we can BUY the fuel block that is supposed to come with the gauge cluster? I know the oil manifold is NOT included because it says so in the catalogue and I would expect to have to pay for THAT!

Guess I better find out!

Sam

Hmmm. Now is he saying that we can BUY the fuel block that is supposed to come with the gauge cluster? I know the oil manifold is NOT included because it says so in the catalogue and I would expect to have to pay for THAT!

Guess I better find out!

Sam

I may have had something to do with this. When I installed my gauge pod, the fuel block I got was black anodized aluminum, but the block shown in the instruction pics was clearly "gold" alodined aluminum. When I installed the block, the instructions said don't use any thread sealer. However, the fitting would not seal even when torqued a very reasonable amount. I found that the "black" anodize was flaking in the threads and preventing a seal. The only way I could get it to seal was to use a small amount of thread sealer, which has worked fine for the last two years.

I was a little concerned that when I torqued the fitting I may have over done it and wanted to have a spare fuel block on hand just in case. I told Keith about the problem and he agreed that the anodized might create that problem and agreed to sell me another fuel block. It took him a while to come up with a price ($29.99) but he did it and sold me one.

So there you have the rest of the story...............

I may have had something to do with this. When I installed my gauge pod, the fuel block I got was black anodized aluminum, but the block shown in the instruction pics was clearly "gold" alodined aluminum. When I installed the block, the instructions said don't use any thread sealer. However, the fitting would not seal even when torqued a very reasonable amount. I found that the "black" anodize was flaking in the threads and preventing a seal. The only way I could get it to seal was to use a small amount of thread sealer, which has worked fine for the last two years.

I was a little concerned that when I torqued the fitting I may have over done it and wanted to have a spare fuel block on hand just in case. I told Keith about the problem and he agreed that the anodized might create that problem and agreed to sell me another fuel block. It took him a while to come up with a price ($29.99) but he did it and sold me one.

So there you have the rest of the story...............

Sounds logical and I hope that's the case! I went ahead and emailed Kameron anyway and asked. Of course I also mentioned the lack of instructions and questioned if we could get a parts list for the items that were/should be included with the gauge cluster.

I don't know about everyone else, but I did a test fit of the cluster and it looks awesome! Really finishes off the dash AND it was ON SALE! :happy feet:

Sam

Per above, I emailed Kameron: Fuel blocks were supposed to be included in the gauge pod and they will be shipped out next week. That's good!

For whatever reason, however, no parts list is available to actually show what's supposed to be in the box. The posted instructions give the best information as to what's included, except for the pics/description that shows the oil manifold, this is NOT included.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Got my fuel block today. Going to try to install the gauge pod this weekend. Tom

Got my fuel block today. Going to try to install the gauge pod this weekend. Tom

Good luck! Maybe you can report back your experiences that may help others, like me, who are considering this?

Any additional pictures etc., that perhaps are not in the PDF, would be helpful as well!

:camera:

Good luck! Maybe you can report back your experiences that may help others, like me, who are considering this?

Any additional pictures etc., that perhaps are not in the PDF, would be helpful as well!

:camera:

Good call Jeff! I already had mine installed at Tasca, but it's something that I was considering doing myself. And personally I like looking at pictures rather than reading instructions, I never could make any sense out of words but as they say "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Good luck with the install!

Doug

I haven't had a chance to reply or check my components. I have NO IDEA what items are included!! NO INSTRUCTIONS , NO PICS.

I will take a pic of what I received, maybe someone here can tell me what I am missing.

If you haven't already be sure you download the install PDF above and read the referenced threads. Maybe eventually we can collect all this stuff into one easy to follow thread for those that come later.

Archived