TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Springs

Perimeter

I was about to post similar question. I want the Sportline, for the "extra drop". I know most GT500 owners run the pro-kit or FRPP springs, but I am not interested in those. For the few who are running the Sportlines, which shock/struts are you running? I will be using the stock S/S for now. Would it be best to use Eibach, D-Specs, Koni or Bilstein? Need some feedback if you are running these or know of someone who is?

I run the sportlines and like them very much. If you are not gonna get adjustable shock/struts these are not for you, it will ride like crap. I run tokico d-specs and set them up 6 soft in the front and 4 soft in the back and rides just like stock. Just be forewarned, you will have to take dips and inclines very slow to avoid scarping the front splitter. Here is a thread I made about the springs.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41508-stock-springs-vs-ford-springs-vs-eibach-sportline-springs/page__p__676934__fromsearch__1entry676934

jf7y3s.jpg

2wf3ck4.jpg

2whdm6g.jpg

I run the sportlines and like them very much. If you are not gonna get adjustable shock/struts these are not for you, it will ride like crap. I run tokico d-specs and set them up 6 soft in the front and 4 soft in the back and rides just like stock. Just be forewarned, you will have to take dips and inclines very slow to avoid scarping the front splitter. Here is a thread I made about the springs.

Thanks for the info and photos, it's a big help. What size wheels are you running now? I will run the stock S/S setup til I can afford some adj. S/S. Mine doesn't get driven everday so I can deal with the harsh ride for awhile.

Wheels are ccw sp500 18x9.5 in fronts and 18x11 in the rears, wanted to keep it 18's due to the drag radial choices. Running stock tires up front and 303/35/18 mt et street radials in the rear.

man Leonard, your car has an awesome stance...I just don't think certain parts at the bottom of my car would last very long at that height...LOL!!

Wheels are ccw sp500 18x9.5 in fronts and 18x11 in the rears, wanted to keep it 18's due to the drag radial choices. Running stock tires up front and 303/35/18 mt et street radials in the rear.

Thanks for all info! Been very helpful, looks awsome.

Archived