TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How would you react....if it was your Shelby?

SGT/SC#0471

ok first of all this is a merica we the people have a right to pursuit happiness as long as it is lawful and not hurting anybody.seems to me this cop is harassing the worng person maybe if the cop was harrassing the drug dealer who is dealing to kids 10 feet from this person with a nice car he could have a real arrest its cops like this that doesnt deserve a badge or the honor of wearing th uniform.its the real reason thank god in america we have lawyers who sole purpose in life is to go after nazis like this!!!

Geeeze, I thought this thread was dead and burried. beatdeadhorse.gif

Wow, some pretty harsh words to start your "get acquainted" postings off with, hmmm? headscratch.gif

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have an update...Officer went to court, so did my friends attorney...Preponderence of Evidence:

Dismissed. And quite frankly I agree we were not speeding.

As far as filing a complaint about this I was e-mailed this link:

http://www.discourse.net/archives/2006/02/florida_cops_intimidate_wouldbe_complainants.html

My friend said that the attorney approach and getting him in court away from the public roadways for at least an hour or two was enough for him, especialy being he was deemed not guilty.

I am glad it was dismissed.

Karma paid off.

The other update, I never did get the camera ticket in the mail either....who knows.

Randy,

I don't know about Seattle or the Puget Sound area, but in the S.F. Bay Area, many of these automated traffic enforcement cameras have been deemed by the courts to be illegal due to unfulfilled procedural requirements and thousands of citations have been dismissed, or not even mailed.

I'm in the business and I am not a big fan of auto cameras at intersections. My experience with cities that use them and mine declined was because they are generally sold as a means of generating revenue and there is no discretion allowed; i.e., everyone gets one that runs a red light.

The collection of the fines is subbed out to a private vendor, usually the camera equipment seller, and they get a large cut of the revenue. Many jurisdictions ultimately abandon them because they become a pain.

Selective traffic enforcement based on citizen complaints or statistical evidence pointing to a traffic issue is generally best handled by a well trained police officer, my rule of thumb was generally writing about one out of every four stopped.

Thanks for the update Randy, wondered about how that all worked out with you and your buddy.

GG

I'm in the business and I am not a big fan of auto cameras at intersections. My experience with cities that use them and mine declined was because they are generally sold as a means of generating revenue and there is no discretion allowed; i.e., everyone gets one that runs a red light.

The collection of the fines is subbed out to a private vendor, usually the camera equipment seller, and they get a large cut of the revenue. Many jurisdictions ultimately abandon them because they become a pain.

Selective traffic enforcement based on citizen complaints or statistical evidence pointing to a traffic issue is generally best handled by a well trained police officer, my rule of thumb was generally writing about one out of every four stopped.

Thanks for the update Randy, wondered about how that all worked out with you and your buddy.

GG

GG,

I sure wish a lot of other LEO's (and City Managers for that matter) thought like you. You are a credit to your profession!!!

GG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said.

Jim,

That blue and white shelby you have is cool!

Can you help www.racing4autism.ca find some parts and sponsors, we race Targa Newfoundland, www.targanewfoundland.com for the Autism Society of Newfoundland and Labrador

If you could help us find part or sponsors for our Shelby that would be cool

Thanks

Tom Jackman

St. John's Newfoundland Canada

tagjackman@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

GG

You don't want to drive or park anywhere in NYC all they make you do is write everything and anything. I stop doing traffic safety cause it wasnt safety anymore ii was insane. That's why you see all these rookies on the street either in plain clothes or solo in a car not cause their well trained #1 reason cause they will right even their own mother. My brother-inlaw brother is slow you can tell just from his features and when he speaks he recieved 5 moving violations (red lights) on his bicycle in 20 degree weather and he was going to a job interview nobody would give a job cause he would get so confused he never brang me up he was scared the cop would arrest him. It was thats cops lucky day that, I didn't show up at his PCT he got rip apart and booted out of his spot the main reason he stopped a handicap person on a bike in 20 degree weather who was not properly dressed for the weather. If he did the right thing and took him to the hospital or Pct and looking in his wallet my card is there along with an I.D card saying his Handi-cap.Instead the owner of the job he was going to had to do the cops job me, I rather get fired than not help someone out and trust me. I had to explain once why we went into NJ with a marked car and the best was paying for the toll they wouldn't let me slide by. Thats why that shooting happened a while back the plains clothes cop as the news said a 2yr or 4yr veteran. The new breed of cops are college educated and the only street training they get is how to write a summons no tactics. Also when, I was hired and placed in a PCT all we were trained is tactic's summons were last and you never got in trouble for falling short on them. We also use to get thanked at roll call for showing up for work didnt matter what condition you were in either. These day totally reversed no more foot post they just drive around writing anyone they can there also is no breaks to people even if they are in the right. They rather be a hole than face the supervisor for falling short they tried that with me telling me, I would have to go down and speak with the Chief. If, I told you guys what the number was per traffic safety cop and patrol cop you would say, I was lieing. If we ever meet up guys and you like to know but, I won't post it here. Do to the fact, I'm not offically retired till 2012 and since the city is paying for the sick with that money. I want to be waiting in line for my share for there lies.

Archived