TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two Red 2010 Super Snake Picture found on a website

I decided browse google images on the 2010 Super Snake to see if any of them were completed when all of as sudden, I found a picture of what looked like a red 2010 Snake. I cliked on it and went onto the site where the picture originated. It seemed to me, the pictures were taken around the time that SEMA was going on. It was part of an article from Speedhunters.com. If you look at the pictures, it shows 2010 GT500s in the factory being converted and and two pics were at the speedway for the release of the shelby Turbo along with the rest of the Shelby lineup. You would have to scroll down to see the pics of the red 2010 Snake one pic shows the back of it with the rest of the Shelby products(you'd have to look closely to the left to find it), and below that pic shows the nose of the car and it doesn't have HID lamps.

see if for yourself at the site posted below

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/11/13/car-builder-gt-gt-a-visit-to-shelby-automotive.aspx

Mr. Shelby and everyone at Shelby, please don't get me into trouble for posting this. If it is supposed to be something that we shouldn't know, then you can remove the post if you'd like.

I decided browse google images on the 2010 Super Snake to see if any of them were completed when all of as sudden, I found a picture of what looked like a red 2010 Snake. I cliked on it and went onto the site where the picture originated. It seemed to me, the pictures were taken around the time that SEMA was going on. It was part of an article from Speedhunters.com. If you look at the pictures, it shows 2010 GT500s in the factory being converted and and two pics were at the speedway for the release of the shelby Turbo along with the rest of the Shelby lineup. You would have to scroll down to see the pics of the red 2010 Snake one pic shows the back of it with the rest of the Shelby products(you'd have to look closely to the left to find it), and below that pic shows the nose of the car and it doesn't have HID lamps.

see if for yourself at the site posted below

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/11/13/car-builder-gt-gt-a-visit-to-shelby-automotive.aspx

Mr. Shelby and everyone at Shelby, please don't get me into trouble for posting this. If it is supposed to be something that we shouldn't know, then you can remove the post if you'd like.

Dan, don't worry about this post. It became public information when Speedhunters posted it at their website, and besides that the information that is posted is not a secret.

Good find.

Dan, don't worry about this post. It became public information when Speedhunters posted it at their website, and besides that the information that is posted is not a secret.

Good find.

Thanks Enis. I just wanted to put the word out there that 2010 Snakes are already in the works. I sent a PM to ROSSVT regarding build time and he said that they started 2010 Snake production at the begining of last month. I'll remember in the future that stuff posted on websites are not a secret anymore.

now for a grabber blue SS :drool::lurk:

Is that your Grabber Blue 2010 Super Snake sitting at Shelby right now?

I saw it last week in the final stages of completion.

Phill Pollard

Ouch! I'm disappointed to see Shelby technicians doing something most everyone has been told to never do...

post-23237-126159029922_thumb.jpg

Tob

It's not the first time I've seen something like that.

On the first warranty service I ever had performed on my Pontiac GTP, the Tech used the rear lower control arm for a lift point. Bent the snot out of it and it was *clearly* from the lift foot.

I went back to the Service Manager and he tried to deny the damage claim. I'm a professional Tech and pointed out that the bend was in the same exact footprint shape of their lift foot...he finally complied and they put a new arm on the car.

Then again, when I had a water leak fixed in the rear wheel well, they left the complete trunk liner heaped in a pile inside the trunk, rather than reinstall it.

Both of the above examples were at the same dealership but from two different Techs.

Point is, just because you are a Tech, doesn't mean you are a EDUCATED Tech! (or experienced, for that matter)

There are recommended lift points on all cars and if you don't use them, you risk damage. I've never looked for the lift points on my Shelby...do you know where they're at? Not likely I'll have mine on a lift, I use a floorjack/jackstands. Just wonderin'.

Phill

It's not the first time I've seen something like that.

On the first warranty service I ever had performed on my Pontiac GTP, the Tech used the rear lower control arm for a lift point. Bent the snot out of it and it was *clearly* from the lift foot.

I went back to the Service Manager and he tried to deny the damage claim. I'm a professional Tech and pointed out that the bend was in the same exact footprint shape of their lift foot...he finally complied and they put a new arm on the car.

Then again, when I had a water leak fixed in the rear wheel well, they left the complete trunk liner heaped in a pile inside the trunk, rather than reinstall it.

Both of the above examples were at the same dealership but from two different Techs.

Point is, just because you are a Tech, doesn't mean you are a EDUCATED Tech! (or experienced, for that matter)

There are recommended lift points on all cars and if you don't use them, you risk damage. I've never looked for the lift points on my Shelby...do you know where they're at? Not likely I'll have mine on a lift, I use a floorjack/jackstands. Just wonderin'.

Phill

Phill, I believe that Grabber (Rob) posted a PDF file sometime ago of the proper lift points for the 500. I don't know if they changed for the 2010 MY cars, but if you do a search you should be able to find Grabber's post. I also believe that the lift points are in your owners manual too.

Archived