TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California Screws us Again

Ok it was bad enough that they upped the state paroll tax, it went up 10% to help pay for State waste. I just now got my DMV renewl and it went went up 55% and that is just the Liscense Fee part of the bill! How much blood do they think they can get out of a turnip? Any one else out here got ther Dmv bills and how much did yours go up. It is way past time to find a new state to live.

Ok it was bad enough that they upped the state paroll tax, it went up 10% to help pay for State waste. I just now got my DMV renewl and it went went up 55% and that is just the Liscense Fee part of the bill! How much blood do they think they can get out of a turnip? Any one else out here got ther Dmv bills and how much did yours go up. It is way past time to find a new state to live.

I don't even look anymore...

Texas has similar weather, no personal income tax and you could buy a mansion here for what a shack costs in California.

I definitely think it's time to start thinking of a new place to call home. For some the cost of living in California might be ok and prices go up everywhere but not like here! Water just went up 27% and electicaty 25%. It seems the only thing not going up is wages! A lot of companies have left California due to costs and they seem to have the right idea.

Fortunately, the California vehicle registration fee can be deducted from your Federal income taxes on line 7 of Form 1040 Schedule A under Personal Property Taxes. I'm trying to get a determination on whether the "Gas Guzzler" tax paid at the time of purchase is eligible as well. This helps take some of the sting out of paying, but California still sucks big time and I don't think it's going to get any better any time soon! But it's true... you can't beat the weather.

Fortunately, the California vehicle registration fee can be deducted from your Federal income taxes on line 7 of Form 1040 Schedule A under Personal Property Taxes. I'm trying to get a determination on whether the "Gas Guzzler" tax paid at the time of purchase is eligible as well. This helps take some of the sting out of paying, but California still sucks big time and I don't think it's going to get any better any time soon! But it's true... you can't beat the weather.

Understand, but when the good weather is no longer enough compared to all the other mounting problems California is facing (I feel as though CA is at that point now), where do you move?

-Pockdog

Wow!........I get pissed at 75.00 bucks for registration!

:rant2:

Texas has similar weather, no personal income tax and you could buy a mansion here for what a shack costs in California.

The family has a few sections of land north of Wheeler, how is it up there? Never been there but have been thinking about checking it out shift.gif

Understand, but when the good weather is no longer enough compared to all the other mounting problems California is facing (I feel as though CA is at that point now), where do you move?

-Pockdog

MEXICO!!!!!!

:dance:

MEXICO!!!!!!

:dance:

Moving to Mexico from California would be reduntant. :banghead:

Texas has similar weather,

Yeah, but its Texas, and we all know there is only two things in Texas..... :hysterical3: and I'm not talking bugs the size of helicopters or humidity...

Reminds me, what do a twister in Texas (or insert any other mid state) and a divorce in West Virgina have in common?......

Either way, someone is losin' a trailer :hysterical:

Yeah, but its Texas, and we all know there is only two things in Texas..... :hysterical3: and I'm not talking bugs the size of helicopters or humidity...

Reminds me, what do a twister in Texas (or insert any other mid state) and a divorce in West Virgina have in common?......

Either way, someone is losin' a trailer :hysterical:

Yes, but the trailer cost only $10,000 whereas the same trailer in California cost $200,000. :hysterical:

I went into the DMV assuming my registration bill was wrong. It wasn't. It went up well over 50%.

Ken

Ours went up too! But, it isn't California that is taking it to us, it's those idiots we Californians elect to our state government that do these things! So, we need to get rid of the overspending, government-entitlement granting bums! :soapbox:

Ok, I feel better...I'll shut-up now....

Leann

I went into the DMV assuming my registration bill was wrong. It wasn't. It went up well over 50%.

Ken

Well, hell, Ken, they have probably been reading this Forum and added up all you have spent on your car and added it to its previous value to get their new number. :hysterical:

Jim

Ours went up too! But, it isn't California that is taking it to us, it's those idiots we Californians elect to our state government that do these things! So, we need to get rid of the overspending, government-entitlement granting bums! :soapbox:

Ok, I feel better...I'll shut-up now....

Leann

That's a great idea, but how do we get Texas to take them? I think we blew our cover with this thread . . . . :D

Jim

Archived