TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery and altenartor

1218shelby

so driving home today in the rain i get the low battery light and the car lights go dim. Luckily i was next to a Autozone so i stop there. They check the battery and they say its bad. So i buy a new one and they check the altenator and say its bad. I didnt buy the extended warranty but are the batteries covered with a longer warranty or am i out of luck? how bout the altenartor (sp?)

so driving home today in the rain i get the low battery light and the car lights go dim. Luckily i was next to a Autozone so i stop there. They check the battery and they say its bad. So i buy a new one and they check the altenator and say its bad. I didnt buy the extended warranty but are the batteries covered with a longer warranty or am i out of luck? how bout the altenartor (sp?)

I guess, if your past 36K then there is no more

warrenty. So, without the extended warrenty, I'm afraid

neither item is covered. Let us know what you find out

IS

1218shelby,

How many miles are on your Shelby and how many months since the vehicle exited production? I kinda understand the battery might have gone, but no way the alternator. Wow!

the car has 43k miles on it.. i remember now that when the guy checked the alt.he said something about something sucking up a lot of juice off the batt. and alt. wonder what it can be. Is it easy to change the alt? i've dont it before on other cars but not sure on this one. What can i use to see whats sucking up alot of power off the alt. and batt??

Alternator should not be too bad to replace. Recall, the voltage regulator is internal to these alternators....so

they are somewhat costly, but not too high.

If the diods in the alternator fail it will reverse the electrical flow and cause a large power drain

off the battery. Besides, as the car sits without starting, there is a constant draw from the clocks,

computers, etc.

IS

If you can change your underwear, you can change your alt.,you'll save alot of cash in the long run.

Alternator should not be too bad to replace. Recall, the voltage regulator is internal to these alternators....so

they are somewhat costly, but not too high.

If the diods in the alternator fail it will reverse the electrical flow and cause a large power drain

off the battery. Besides, as the car sits without starting, there is a constant draw from the clocks,

computers, etc.

IS

IS

I think our cars may be cousins, based on the trim stripe pakage, very nice........ dance.gif

GG

Archived