TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In the market for a 07-09 Shelby!!

505oiN8io

-What are the major differences from year to year?

-Are there any specific questions that I need to ask other than the obvious?

-I have read a little about the TSB and understand it to be a warranty item... what does TSB stand for?

I use to have a Lightning for 3 years and did every possible mod to it including building a custom twin turbo setup making 1040RWHP so Im not new to mod motors but I just wanted some help on specifics thanks!

-I have read a little about the TSB and understand it to be a warranty item... what does TSB stand for?

I use to have a Lightning for 3 years and did every possible mod to it including building a custom twin turbo setup making 1040RWHP so Im not new to mod motors but I just wanted some help on specifics thanks!

Welcome to TS.smile.gif

If you buy a 2009 unit that is built after 9/1/08 then you will not need to have the TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) that puts the revised flywheel and clutch in the car. The cars built before that date have clutch and flywheel and tranny input shaft issues that the TSB addresses.

Save yourself a head ache and find a unit that is a 2009 built after 9/1/08. That is what I would do if I was in the market.

These are the differences as I know them to be.

2007: Heavier damper pulley (27lbs I think), No option for HID, 40th Anniversary status, (highest production)

2008: Lighter damper pulley (15-18lbs I think), HID was an option as was ghetto lighting (Ambient)

2009: Satellite standard (Least production)

I would heed the advice of Grabber and look for a 2009 post 09/01/08 built car.

I have a pristine 07 White with LeMans stripe delete. Has 18K on it. Upgraded interior, JLT CAI and tune,otherwise, stock. Never been to drags or abused. Had the TSB done in summer of 08 and new trans was put in, as well. Nothing wrong when it went in, but their trans man left for another job and they had no one to do the tear down, so new trans with the up-dated input shaft was ordered and installed. Shifts beautifully. Garage queen. Waiting to order the 2011 when bank opens in January 2010. Would be ready to sell around March. Just a thought. Am 60 plus years old so I've not beat the day-lights out of her. Never had any negative issues since I bought it new.

I have a pristine 07 White with LeMans stripe delete. Has 18K on it. Upgraded interior, JLT CAI and tune,otherwise, stock. Never been to drags or abused. Had the TSB done in summer of 08 and new trans was put in, as well. Nothing wrong when it went in, but their trans man left for another job and they had no one to do the tear down, so new trans with the up-dated input shaft was ordered and installed. Shifts beautifully. Garage queen. Waiting to order the 2011 when bank opens in January 2010. Would be ready to sell around March. Just a thought. Am 60 plus years old so I've not beat the day-lights out of her. Never had any negative issues since I bought it new.

THanks! Im waiting on a LARGE payment to be in my bank account tomorrow so i think itll be before march but if not i surely will be here looking! Im really excited to get back into a fast FORD.. I loved my Lightning and miss it everyday, this should cure that!

About the TSB... Even if the car isn't acting up would I be able to have ford put the new parts in anyway?

It really depends upon the attitude of the individual dealer. Some will replace everything w/o any noticeable problems or issues, without question (mine did), and some follow the TSB to the letter in that there must be a difficulty or problem diplayed by the vehicle before they will start the process.Its really a crap shoot.

It really depends upon the attitude of the individual dealer. Some will replace everything w/o any noticeable problems or issues, without question (mine did), and some follow the TSB to the letter in that there must be a difficulty or problem diplayed by the vehicle before they will start the process.Its really a crap shoot.

cool thanks, well we have three dealers here in town so i can go to all three if i have to.

• 3 weeks later...

THanks! Im waiting on a LARGE payment to be in my bank account tomorrow so i think itll be before march but if not i surely will be here looking! Im really excited to get back into a fast FORD.. I loved my Lightning and miss it everyday, this should cure that!

I have a 08 GT500 that comes with side scoopes, quarter window covers, eibach lowering springs (all uninstalled). What's your offer?

I have an 08 Triple Black Convertable with all options and 9100 miles and a few upgrades.

I have a nice little 07 red coupe with painted stripes, way cool hood, all the little modifications done. It was built in the first month of production in June of 2006, so it clearly has more collectors value than any of the others.

It has 22,000 miles on it. It took 88,000 short trips to get there. But they only took 11 seconds each.

bj

Archived