TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A little help

Have a small problem here… I installed the power for the Shelby gauges (red, white, and black wires) still waiting on some missing parts to get everything working; however, I got distracted when I was disconnecting the battery when the phone rang…. Never disconnected it all the way. Got the power hooked up turned the key and realized the power was still on. The lights on the gauges light up but now the car will not crank.

Guessing that I may have blown a fuse when I tapped into the main harness (white wire with yellow tracer) anybody have a clue as to which fuse may have blown?

Everything lights up in the car, just the starter will not engage. If you have a clue let me know otherwise I guess I need to get a wiring diagram and see what this little wire goes to. Thanks for the help

Nevermind guys I found the fuse, blew one of the 4 pcm/engine fuses. Next time the phone rings I'll just let it ring :hysterical:

I'm not sure exactly what circuit you tapped into but if it was me I'd remove it right away. You should be tapping into an accessory circuit and not one that controls the engine electronics. Too many possible problems doing so.

Steve

I'm not sure exactly what circuit you tapped into but if it was me I'd remove it right away. You should be tapping into an accessory circuit and not one that controls the engine electronics. Too many possible problems doing so.

Steve

I think it happened when I accidently tapped into the wrong wire for power to the gauges (red wire) I was supposed to tap into the white wire with the yellow tracer from the main wiring harness under the dash; however, I was being somewhat color blind and tapped into a different wire. Once I figured out the mistake I corrected it and the car didn’t start. No harm no foul, changed the fuse and all is good again

Archived