TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sayin Hi and a newbie question

Bigmac

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a 2008 SS here in the UK. Its got 7000 miles on the clock and I wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of such as recalls etc etc.

Had a Saleen S281 S/C for a couple of years but this SS has come up for a decent price and seriously thinking of getting it.

Would be good to check as here in the UK, Ford doesnt honour the warranties but Ford Uk will do any safety recalls.

Look forward to becoming a Shelby owner and getting the Mustang buzz again.

Cheers

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a 2008 SS here in the UK. Its got 7000 miles on the clock and I wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of such as recalls etc etc.

Had a Saleen S281 S/C for a couple of years but this SS has come up for a decent price and seriously thinking of getting it.

Would be good to check as here in the UK, Ford doesnt honour the warranties but Ford Uk will do any safety recalls.

Look forward to becoming a Shelby owner and getting the Mustang buzz again.

Cheers

Welcome to TS Bigmac. Lots of info here on the Clutck/Trans TSB. GRABBER (Rob) is our team expert on this issue, send him a PM.

Welcome to TS.

The TSB on the clutch, I think, is the biggest concern, but chances are, being a vehicle with 7k miles on it, he already addressed the TSB. Maybe you can ask?

Also, does anyone agree that the plugs should also be checked to make sure they are the specified(Kenne Bell) recommended NGK-TR6's or Denso U-Grooves? Just a thought.

Best of luck in whatever decisions you make in your purchase.

post-11891-12605999092_thumb.jpg

post-11891-12605999092_thumb.jpg

Welcome to TS.

The TSB on the clutch, I think, is the biggest concern, but chances are, being a vehicle with 7k miles on it, he already addressed the TSB. Maybe you can ask?

Also, does anyone agree that the plugs should also be checked to make sure they are the specified(Kenne Bell) recommended NGK-TR6's or Denso U-Grooves? Just a thought.

Best of luck in whatever decisions you make in your purchase.

Thanks for the input. Will read the TSB's and check the clutch. The TR6's are what I had fitted to the Saleen so not an issue for me to check. Only problem is getting any tuning work or Shelby parts as havent come across anyone in the UK who tunes the modular motor. Had all the tuning on the Saleen done by JDM prior to shipping the motor to the UK.

Archived