TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Gt500 Vert Red Stripe Pkg

:headscratch:Found this on E-Bay:

"The car you are biding on a modified 2009 Shelby GT500 convertible with 540HP. It is Black with the Red Stripe Apperance Package. This is 1 of 29 Black convertibles with this package!"

Limited Production Car

$54,995.00 Buy it now Or Make offer

Owners Demo 6936 miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-500-540HP-NAV-RED-STRIPE-PKG-1-of-29-MADE_W0QQitemZ130348892361QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e596640c9#ht_3465wt_1167

I passed on a 09 Vert Demo $10K less not a "limited Production"

Interested to see what this might sell for. Does this seem high $$$ for the car?

:lurk:

"The car you are biding on a modified 2009 Shelby GT500 convertible with 540HP. It is Black with the Red Stripe Apperance Package. This is 1 of 29 Black convertibles with this package!"

Limited Production Car

Owners Demo 6936 miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-500-540HP-NAV-RED-STRIPE-PKG-1-of-29-MADE_W0QQitemZ130348892361QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e596640c9#ht_3465wt_1167

Interested to see what this might sell for. Does this seem high $$$ for the car?

yes, 54k is high. More like 38K

yes, 54k is high. More like 38K

The price may be a bit high but probably not to far off

being it has the red stripe appearance package

and all(seats,Door panels, etc)

At least, on my 07 there was only 269 cars total that

sport the red stripe. 169 that are black bodied.

The price may be a bit high but probably not to far off

being it has the red stripe appearance package

and all(seats,Door panels, etc)

At least, on my 07 there was only 269 cars total that

sport the red stripe. 169 that are black bodied.

Yup, all I need is the door panels (they are 'SPENSIVE!) and my 2008 will be 1 of 1 2008 coupe w/the full red appearance package. Aftermarket of course, but still...

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as the red interior was also a stand alone option (I have it on mine), that's a pretty high premium for some badges with red inserts.

I agree the price is high, but it being rare does drive the price up a bit. I would think not now, but 20 years from now it would have the biggest effect being a rare thing. Yup, 1 of 29 with some of the 29 being gone or in bad shape 20 years from now will pull some $$. Watching any aution and you'll see all-stock and rare make pony cars worth big bucks.

Oh and add the stripes to the list above too.

The car has almost 7k miles on it too, I don't think they will get that price.

I offered this moron 45k for the car and he arrogantly turned it down without any counter offer and went on to tell me how "special" it was.

I agree that its a handsome "special" edition.

I bought the same vert red stripe black shelby in an 08 model w/nav also and a lightbar (which 1/29 does not have) for $39500 four days later (two days prior to this posting) and it had 1200 fewer miles, 40 less HP and I didn't have to pay a $1300 gas guzzler tax (although the 09 is the owner's demo w/7k in miles, you still have to pay the tax because his dealership wants to sell it as a new untitled car) and the dealer in Clayton, NC from whom I bought mine was really courteous and great to deal with...

Pigs -even "special" pigs- get slaughtered in any business...and that slaughter usually takes place at auction...

I offered this moron 45k for the car and he arrogantly turned it down without any counter offer and went on to tell me how "special" it was.

I bought the same vert red stripe black shelby in an 08 model w/nav also and a lightbar (which 1/29 does not have) for $39500 four days later (two days prior to this posting) and it had 1200 fewer miles, 40 less HP and I didn't have to pay a $1300 gas guzzler tax (although the 09 is the owner's demo w/7k in miles, you still have to pay the tax because his dealership wants to sell it as a new untitled car) and the dealer in Clayton, NC from whom I bought mine was really courteous and great to deal with...

Pigs -even "special" pigs- get slaughtered in any business...and that slaughter usually takes place at auction...

congrats on the new car, sounds like you got a great deal...

Limited Production Car

Owners Demo 6936 miles

That price is pretty close to MSRP and no matter how you look at it, it's a used car, $40K tops. As for the warranty the add-ons damaged/decreased the original warranty; it may or may not have some factory warranty left.

The red strips package is a $1,600 option and the verts are about $5k higher than the coupes. The MSRP on my coupe was a little over $47k so a comparable vert would be in the vicinity of $52k.

Seller must have gone to the "GREED IS GOOD" school on Wall Street with Michael Douglas.doh.gif

Archived