TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What have you done to my website

MMcGuirk

In life there will be always a fork in the road. If you go right, there will be people following you and other people will be saying that you went the wrong direction. Then if you went to the left, there will be people following you and the other people will be saying that you went the wrong direction. There is no easy way to say this....but Robert and his crew went one either right or left and there will be some lost souls out there.

Was I suprised about the new layout and the Xmas theme? Yes, but then I thought this theme will be here until January 2010 and then there might be another theme until the next holiday. For Robert to take the time and make TS a place to have comments on the Shelby's and other topics, he has done a GREAT JOB!!!

We all sit and type either during our free time, at work or on the run and this site has always been maintained and user friendly. Just think... Perhaps that changing the TS web site and we are all commenting on it, is a way for us to vent during these trying times.

Tom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[ ... ]

Come on guys, back off the throttle and take some time to learn the new sight before tearing it apart.

I'll bet that is something like a site, isn't it ... :redcard:

For me, the thing moves a bit faster than the previous edition. I don't have any trouble seeing past the bells, whistles, arm-waving and show-off graphics. I do have trouble with the lack of a slimmed-down list under "New Content"; I hate having to scroll through all the flotsam and jetsam of the not-too-interesting forums. Go ahead, take it personally: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (not Peter Brock).

Another thing I miss, never present here, and available on other, less prestigious forums: when you Ctr-i or Ctrl-b or Ctrl-u or Ctrl-s, the cursor lands in the proper place to type your italicized or bolded or underlined or struckout text, which you do, then hit End to continue. In the present situation, Ctrl-whatsis results in the full markup for the function being highlighted, so if you hit any key other than a cursor-move, it disappears and you get to start over. What works is Ctrl-whatsis, cursor left 4x, type, End, continue. Cursor 8x if you want bold and italic.

As for the emoticons: I have a hard time taking seriously the busy little devils, and sometimes the over-users. NTTAWWT.

In three weeks, even the most vociferous whingers will have forgotten the "problems" and all will be normal again; just a new "normal" at a faster and more complete level.

Mr Adamowicz, Mr Brock, Mr Yaeger at "The Pete", 12 NOvember 2009:

a2zBrockYaeger_2188.jpg

a2zBrockYaeger_2188.jpg

I must admit, that I'm not a fan of the current Christmas theme, but then again I have a red/green color deficiency, so this is driving my eyes batty. But I can put up with it for a few weeks. I do love Christmas, don't get me wrong, just this combination is hard on my eyes.

Seems like alot of you boyz need to lighten up and enjoy life a little :) Christmas comes once a year, so sit back and enjoy the child in yourselves and every one else. You might just smile and remember a kinder time :)

I like this decorating. Seems this year, not very many people are decorating or even mentioning Christmas as they are too afraid of being politically correct in their own country :( Thanks Robert and Sharon!!!

Seems like alot of you boyz need to lighten up and enjoy life a little :) Christmas comes once a year, so sit back and enjoy the child in yourselves and every one else. You might just smile and remember a kinder time :)

I like this decorating. Seems this year, not very many people are decorating or even mentioning Christmas as they are too afraid of being politically correct in their own country :( Thanks Robert and Sharon!!!

+1 Well said.... :salute:

Hey I just noticed a plus and minus sign and big phat zero at the bottom of each post. I was going to give someone a big phat Plus on there comment but it doesn't work. I think this is where the reputation numbers will come in.salute.gif

Come on Robert enable this feature let us have fun rating every ones comments. angry2.gif

Admins,

Can you enable the Multiple skins (Offer users a choice of theme) option? Then we could choose our look.

DaFreak

1. Yes - we will be adding different skins.

2. Yes - we will activate the "rate" this post.

3. We will continue adding new features soon.

4. Finally, it's unusual for a company to allow a skin like this. It can be political. . .but you know what, Shelby isn't political. We beat to a different drum and it shows both in the products and what we do. Working for Shelby, this is something I truly appreciate.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this website. I think that a change for Christmas is great and I am dismayed at how people are so distracted they cant navigate it. Some of you guys sound like a group of nagging wives with nothing better to do but complain.

I thought about responding or not responding to your grade school threat. I was actualy hoping you would edit your post. You amaze the sh-t out of me.

Listen Blayne.

First off you made a comment to me that was a little poke. I took it as a little joke. Kind of like one of these -----> poke.gif

My response to you was of the same nature. A simple joke with a twist thrown in it about a pulley hub puller.

I sure thought I knew you better than that....but I guess I don't. You must have forgot all the phone calls that we had between each other over our cars. call.gif I thought I helped you with a big problem that you had with your car and during the last 2 years and got know you. headscratch.gif I was wrong.

Now I know that you were not joking with your comment to me and that your comments were intended to slam me.nonono.gif

My LAST comment to you is this. I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. However....I will not remove my post. I now know where you and I stand and I wiil keep my distance.

I'm grabbin my dog and leaving now.dogwalk.gif

Now lets get backtotopic.gif complaining about the website Christmas theme.

In the great words of Sgt. Hulka-"Lighten up Francis."

I think this thread has been left on the stove too long...what more can be said?

Everybody wants to talk forum themes when we got huge things going on right now with SAI and new car model comng our way and a giant party to get ready for.

I think the holidays are really hard on some of us this year, and maybe a little more empathy is needed than normal...skin gets kinda thin during the holidays anyway. I was drivng around town last night pissed at traffic, and taking it out on my wife and daughter..which is the worst thing I can do...I'm seeing it here too.

4. Finally, it's unusual for a company to allow a skin like this. It can be political. . .but you know what, Shelby isn't political. We beat to a different drum and it shows both in the products and what we do. Working for Shelby, this is something I truly appreciate.

:)

In the great words of Sgt. Hulka-"Lighten up Francis."

I think this thread has been left on the stove too long...what more can be said?

Everybody wants to talk forum themes when we got huge things going on right now with SAI and new car model comng our way and a giant party to get ready for.

I think the holidays are really hard on some of us this year, and maybe a little more empathy is needed than normal...skin gets kinda thin during the holidays anyway. I was drivng around town last night pissed at traffic, and taking it out on my wife and daughter..which is the worst thing I can do...I'm seeing it here too.

Well said Dubbs! I can not believe the amount of strong emotion and passion that has been expressed concerning the new site format. At times, it has been downright dismaying. For gosh sake, friendships are strained, and the amount of open hostility shown from both sides of the "like it, don't like it" fence has been shocking. Some of this hostility has been directed at Robert and the TS staff who are just doing their job. Some of the hostility and rudeness has been directed at other TS brothers and sisters. On a positive note, maybe the passion is a result of the love people have for TS and a desire that it never change from the comfort they have grown accustomed to. I hope so, but I strongly agree with Dubbs; these are hard times and emotions are running high in all areas of our society. I for one, would like to see the site go back to the civil, Shelby oriented site I have grown to love (well, maybe not the Political postings :hysterical: but that is a whole other story). Thanks for reading...I'll shut-up now....

Leann

1. Yes - we will be adding different skins.

2. Yes - we will activate the "rate" this post.

3. We will continue adding new features soon.

In hindsight it might have been better to provide a "theme switcher" capability before creating a non-default "X-mas" theme as the "default" theme. While I realize the purpose and timing of the "X-mas" theme it could hardly be considered a proper "default" theme (as evidenced by the fact it will be going away in a few weeks). Since it is seasonal it should not be the only theme available thus making it, essentially, the "default" theme!

As it stands, there is no way to "switch" out the "X-mas" theme over to a day-to-day "default" theme and that seems to be the issue for many.

While I realize this seasonal theme coincided with the "3.0 relaunch" it seems the wiser choice would have been to enable the "theme switcher" first, allowing users a choice of themes rather than convert a seasonal theme to the "default" merely because of the particular date of the relaunch.

Essentially, the better thinking here should have been...

"no theme switcher, then go with a traditional theme as the default and load non-default themes (such as this X-mas theme) once the theme switcher is in place."

As it stands currently, if you like the seasonal theme, great, but if you do not, you have no alternative.

Additonally, one has to wonder what considerations were taken into account by Amy and the team regarding how to best present and maintain the brand equity of the Shelby Brand when choosing this type of theme (and to this cartoonish extent) for this Shelby-owned web property.

I will say that while I can appreciate the effort and quality of this design, it in no way says "Shelby" to me and in no way evokes the "Shelby" image we have come to know, and ultimately, given how hard Carroll has worked to shape his image, and the Shelby Brand, he should be concerned that this seriously jeopardizes that effort.

-Pockdog

In hindsight it might have been better to provide a "theme switcher" capability before creating a non-default "X-mas" theme as the "default" theme. While I realize the purpose and timing of the "X-mas" theme it could hardly be considered a proper "default" theme (as evidenced by the fact it will be going away in a few weeks). Since it is seasonal it should not be the only theme available thus making it, essentially, the "default" theme!

As it stands, there is no way to "switch" out the "X-mas" theme over to a day-to-day "default" theme and that seems to be the issue for many.

While I realize this seasonal theme coincided with the "3.0 relaunch" it seems the wiser choice would have been to enable the "theme switcher" first, allowing users a choice of themes rather than convert a seasonal theme to the "default" merely because of the particular date of the relaunch.

Essentially, the better thinking here should have been...

"no theme switcher, then go with a traditional theme as the default and load non-default themes (such as this X-mas theme) once the theme switcher is in place."

As it stands currently, if you like the seasonal theme, great, but if you do not, you have no alternative.

Additonally, one has to wonder what considerations were taken into account by Amy and the team regarding how to best present and maintain the brand equity of the Shelby Brand when choosing this type of theme (and to this cartoonish extent) for this Shelby-owned web property.

I will say that while I can appreciate the effort and quality of this design, it in no way says "Shelby" to me and in no way evokes the "Shelby" image we have come to know, and ultimately, given how hard Carroll has worked to shape his image, and the Shelby Brand, he should be concerned that this seriously jeopardizes that effort.

-Pockdog

What, you didnt see the reindeer riding in the Shelby F150? :hysterical:

There is a new skin coming that will be the started for 3.0

You can get that we'll have themed skins for certain holidays, however, you'll be able to toggle between skins in the future.

"If you keep picking at it, it'll never heal".

Archived