TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This site looks and works terribly

chuckstang

Thanks NordicShelby!

I found it now.

Your welcome.

Robert and Sharon its not as bad as some think its just going to take a bit to warm up to. And after coming back the second time tonight I kind of like the Christmas theme I think its good to get in the Christmas spirit. We had our first blizzard yesterday into today so its now officially the start of winter here. dance.gif

11048_222376049492_770734492_4127206_5032511_n.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the holiday theme is, well, just a little "goofy", but it is kind of cool and fun and, well, festive, and I know it won't be here forever. But there are some things that aren't working right. Some peoples photos in the signature area extend way beyond the edge of the browser window, instead of being scaled to fit the column/frame.

No one is going to ban you for expressing your opinions in a proper manner, which you did Chuck. Yesterday's forum about the site changes was corrupted which caused the site technical problems and that is why that forum was taken down. As far as any technical issues you are having with typing, viewing, etc, Robert posted a forum about some issues with IE and Vista and TS 3.0. Look for that forum and post your technicial issues there.

Ya I hate to sound so harsh!

I like the holiday look just wish it worked better

I must say at home now though with my personal computer it is better than at work, but normally works fine either way.

This just goes to show you how important this site is to us all!!!

I know I find it both entertaining and informational like everyone else Im sure. The colors were coming across as much darker on my dam work computer

Ya I hate to sound so harsh!

I like the holiday look just wish it worked better

I must say at home now though with my personal computer it is better than at work, but normally works fine either way.

This just goes to show you how important this site is to us all!!!

I know I find it both entertaining and informational like everyone else Im sure. The colors were coming across as much darker on my dam work computer

There is a TSB out on your work computer.

Very nice job ladies, very nice. But, this forum is mostly comprised of testosterone. Let's not forget who the forum members are.

Keep it simple - usually works for most of us.

I concur with the others here and would like to see a less distracting board.

No one at Team Shelby seems to answer the question, "why was the site changed ?" The "techy" crowd has taken over and can't seem to keep their fingers off something that is working. The NEW and IMPROVED site is slow, slow, and did I say slow, not to mention it looks like a 3 year old's idea of a Christmas card.

You and Robert are doing great, Sharon. People just gotta whine about change. Change is good...

Why is "change good" when there is no stated reason for the change? Team Shelby members should be viewed as customers, and as such "gotta whine" is a way of saying, I want to stay your customer so why are you jerking me around with this drastic change. Maybe if there was some effort on Team Shelby's part to communicate then you wouldn't have so many "gotta whine" members out there. I say again WHY THE CHANGE IN THE SITE??

No one at Team Shelby seems to answer the question, "why was the site changed ?" The "techy" crowd has taken over and can't seem to keep their fingers off something that is working. The NEW and IMPROVED site is slow, slow, and did I say slow, not to mention it looks like a 3 year old's idea of a Christmas card.

Change always comes, The new 3.0 is the upgraded with new and improved features. The screen change is temporary and we have been telling everyone for months that we where upgrading to 3.0 even had a test site up for months so that everyone had a chance to play with the site and learn the new features. Once the skin changes everything else will remain the same. If you are having any specific tec issues please e-mail RobertL@shelbyautos.com so that he can figure out what is wrong.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51383-team-shelby-30/page__pid__864775__st__0entry864775

We are changing to offer more features plus if there was never any change we would still be like last year when the site was so slow that we had to change to a bigger in house server. But there is always a learning curve and getting use to new features.

I actually like the site navigation, just the wall paper is a little anoying right now.

I agree. I like the navigation aspect too, but with all this background color and moving graphics, it really slows everything down and if you're using a computer with limited video memory, it's horrendous.

Wow! This is horrible. I can sort of understand the Christmas theme, but this is ridiculous. Looks horrible. So what is it going to look like when the holiday theme goes away?

I thought the web address had been taken over by another site due to a glitch when I first logged in.

I guess all I can say is YUK!

"Mark board as read" is not working either...I always used this feature so that when I returned to the board, I could see new or updated topics in a forum at a glance. Now that doesn't work anymore, and on top of all the flashing doohickies, well it's just not working...

I have told Robert about his he will check this out.!!!!

I have told Robert about his he will check this out.!!!!

Thanks, if it's any help this is the Error Message I get when I click on "Mark Board as Read" (and yes I am logged in when I try to select it) :

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#20312] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

One question. Why?

If something works and no one is complaining why change it so drastically?

Making enhancements and small improvments is fine, just not so much all at once.

I'll tell you why. Someone thought they would do a massive Christmas/Holiday makeover to the site to commorate the season. A few tastefull holiday additions would have been ok. This looks like a third grader got turned loose with some paint program. It's juvenile, overdone, and very irritating to look at. I'm not a scrooge, but this is horribly overdone.

Hey Robert,

Enable the feedback rating on each post. I noticed a green plus sign and a red minus sign at the bottom of each post and there is also a big ZERO next to the plus and minus sign.

When are you going to enable this feature and also what is the reputation that you see when you click on a persons profile?

I get pissed off everytime I log in here now, this candyland amateur looking site combined with that F-150 "Supersnake" up in the corner has me fuming. Personally i'm not pouring another dime into Shelby until both of these trashy ideas are scrapped.

Archived